trashgang

Page 1 of 203:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]
2024 reviews in total

Jurassic Park mixed with Apocalypse Now, 28 April 2017

Especially in the beginning before the enter the island were Kong lives this is a pure ode to Apocalyose Now (1979). The score used, the shots from the helicopters and the way the cinematography was done will remind a lot of people towards the old flicks about the Vietnam war.

It's once on the island that the action really begins and it starts immediately with an apocalypse (no pun intended). The effects are stunning and it's from that point that this flick turns into a fight against the creatures on one point and another bunch of guys are trying to survive. From there on the mix between the titles said in my summary starts.

But don't get me wrong. It's not a remake of King Kong (all issues). It stands on it's own and of we go in a flick full of great effects. Not a flick to watch with youngsters because when fighting against the creatures it's full of creepy suspense.

Better than expected

Gore 2/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5

The Void (2016/I)
weird but it does have it all, a gem, 26 April 2017

I stepped into this flick without knowing what it was all about so it was a big surprise that I found this one a gem. Can I say something negative about The Void, well, no. Maybe for some the story will be a void because it's all about weird things, supernatural stuff, I don't know what to say but pick it up without hesitation.

If you are a newbee into the genre this is going to be a hell of a ride because nowadays with all those rather low on gore flicks this will get you. For the old school geeks this is a must. I can't say a thing about the story because I would spoil it. And even if I would I couldn't say what's it all about.

It's somewhere between Hellraiser (1987) and The Thing (1982). And all the effects are on-camera, no use of CGI. It's messy, it's weird and it has a lot of gore inside. By all means, this is just a throwback to old school horror. Long time ago I've seen such a joy for the eye. Masterpiece.

Gore 3/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 4/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5

the juggs do the acting, 26 April 2017

By seeing adds like, forget Jason or forget Michael or this is a new killer that you will never forget I gave it a try. After decades of watching horrors I do know that such adds mostly predict a terrible flick.

So what do we have here, terrible acting, an unconvincing killer and of course the kind of horrors that like to attract the men. Just face it, it's full of voluptuous girls wearing tees who are on the small size to extract their juggs. And with cleavage. And not only that, let's put on daisy dukes. really, it's not because you have juggs who are acting that it makes a flick. Of course the production found a girl who had to reveal her body and she does but hey, she's f*cking but still has her thong on! And there's also a shot were a girl is bending over to have a stick entering her, well you can guess it.

No, this isn't an interesting flick. Most of the effects are done off-camera. Some do work out fine and some doesn't. But most of the time the only thing you are watching are the girls. For teens this is a must see but for geeks like me it's ridiculous and never got my attention and you will have to wait halfway the flick before the horror comes in...

Gore 0,5/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 2/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5

Haunted (1995)
old school ghost flick, 25 April 2017

Stated as a horror and someways it is but it isn't going to be a horror for everyone. There's no gore or blood to see, this is just a pure ghostly flick that is slowly revealing what is going on. Some effects are a bit cheaply done (CGI) and others are done by fastening images.

The story do involves a professor (Aidan Quinn) who doesn't believe in ghosts and meditations and likes to face people that it's all pranks being put up. But once invited at the Mariell family he becomes involved in a web of ghosts and a girl (Kate Beckinsale) who seduces him and isn't shy to show her body. i was rather surprised to see Kate in her nudies.

It's a slow mover with a strange family made for people who are into old school sixties ghost flicks just on the edge of a Gothic flick. For me just a bit too much of a love story involved.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 1,5/5 Effects 0/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5

not funny and zombie attacks off-camera, 24 April 2017

Thought that this could have been big fun. Zombies all over Ibiza. But was I wrong, I never laughed and never got into it. the acting was terrible, I didn't see any comedy in it and there's almost no action. You know, three guys going to Ibiza to get really bonkers and having sex all over. Could have been funny but it wasn't.

There are zombies and they looked great but it's more about the guys and their boring situations and conversations. And then the girls, the slut having sex in 30 seconds, the nerdy girl who falls in love, at the end of the day, it's more about them then about the zombies. And then you have the drug dealer, so cliché and not funny at all.

I didn't laugh one bit, didn't enjoyed it at all, after all, most of the attacking is done off-camera.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 1/5 Story 1/5 Comedy 0/5

The Horde (2016) (V)
from good on-camera effects to CGI for blood effects, 24 April 2017

Even as this has a lot of killings going on and the red stuff do flows and flies around I found it a rather boring flick. The reason is the fact that the story is very simple but somehow I didn't believed it. For example, this is all about deformed people, yes, you guessed it, inbreed and hillbillies. Done by some uranium getting into the tab water.

But all those deformed ones do have leaders and they are convicts that escaped. I can dig all that but that they live in the woods at a place that is popular by locals and hiking people makes it a bit weird. I mean, they kill for years and still nobody is tracking them down. Is it the fact that the cops are corrupted?

In the beginning the killings are really okay and are messy but it's once that an old SEAL comes in hiking with his wife and some school kids that it becomes so obvious who's going to die first (the annoying gay) and who will flash her juggs (the blond one again). To make it all more gory a bow is used by the SEAL to go kill them all. From there on CGI enters the massacre and the whole movie collapses. When one's leg is being cut off hanging upside down on a tree, the blood is 100% CGI and by then most of the things you see are CGI, the explosion is the worst.

Still it's a mediocre flick with a lot of thespians you will recognize from the old days. Sadly I had to sit through it all with some yawns going on.

Gore 2/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 2/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5

the effects levels this flick up, 23 April 2017

When I saw articles that Dolph Lundgren was to play the main lead in a horror I was sceptic. I mean, he's a mean killing machine and I don't see him in a horror or it must be as the bad guy and that isn't the fact. Of course Dolph isn't that young anymore so using his muscles wasn't going to be the case.

But with Klebe in it who I met at a convention I gave it a try. And once the flick was over I was happy that I saw it. I admit, some are right, the script isn't top notch and you have seen it all before but due the fact that there is enough action from the beginning until the end makes it worth seeing. But not only that, the effects used are really above mediocre so it's on the edge of gore.

The title says it all, just don't kill it and after the first 10 minutes you will know why. Just a no- brainer that I guess old school horror buffs will enjoy because the red stuff is there and an eighties thespian takes the lead.

Gore 2/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 3/5 Script 2/5 Comedy 0/5

Brimstone (2016)
Dutch gem, 18 April 2017

How do you review this flick. Not that easy because some say it's a western but for me it's a lot more. The performances are sublime, the story is excellent, the cinematography is top. By now you got it, this is a Dutch gem.

Even as it clocks in over 2 hours it never bored me and there's a lot of talking going on. Don't watch it for classic Western style. Just watch it for it's critic on religion, on how women were treated.

I can't really go into the story itself because I would spoil a lot, just go watch it sit and see what a perfect flick is all about. Be aware that some scene's can offend some viewers.

Gore 1/5 Nudity 1/5 Effects 3/5 Story 4/5 Comedy 0/5

Bugged (1997)
slapstick, 3 April 2017

What started as a promising script turns out into a typical Troma horror flick. Stated in old Fangoria's as a great horror flick but made in the end of the nineties it's the era that horror was a not done and most of them weren't that good at all. So here we go with a tribute to the sixties with oversized creatures.

Sadly it is a slapstick. The bug hunters are some stupid guys who do have laughable situations and turns this flick into a comedy and not into a straight horror. The effects are lame too but being a low budget I didn't mind at all. Also a lot of talking going on that makes it almost not watchable.

only to see the bugs

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 1,5/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5

Baskin (2015)
Turkish delight, 27 March 2017

I have seen flicks coming out of Turkey that I thought, what the hell, they can make great flicks too and I can say that this one here can be listed under excellent horror flick.

Of course it's spoken in Turkish so some can be turned off by that but for me that's not a problem. There are UK subs available when this is shown at the festivals nowadays. Even as it all starts slowly it's a flick that will grab you by your throat because it slowly turns into a flick that delivers creepy and gory moments. I should compare it with The Hills Have Eyes (1977) and Borderland (2007). Because what should be an easy back up for the cops involved turns into a nightmare but there's more going on. And being left with a lot of questions in the beginning it all reveals itself toward the end. And it's beautifully merged throughout the script.

On part of the effects they are great too even as there aren't that many still it do has nasty gory moments. But it's the abandoned house that will reveal the horror. A must see for those seeking a typical blockbuster horrors but a straight in your face flick.

But said before, you have to sit a slow first 30 minutes especially in the restaurant. It doesn't show where it's going, may that be the strength of this Turkish delight.

Gore 2/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 3/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5