Reviews

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Hocus Pocus (1993)
Total Halloween fun.
15 August 2001
Hocus Pocus, to this day, is still one of my all time favorite Halloween movies. Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker are hilarious as the three Sanderson sisters bought back from the dead by the "virgin" Max (Omri Katz), his sister Dani (Thora Birch) and "love interest" Allison (Vinessa Shaw).

Full of magic, fun, witches, the walking dead and a talking cat, this movie is definitely a classic. So pull up a couch, cuddle with the kiddies and enjoy this all around great family film.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This movie was surprisingly exciting and fun.
26 July 2001
As a wife of a former D&D player, I was somewhat familiar with the lingo and contents of the game. But, I was a little worried I wouldn't completely understand the movie. I was very pleasantly surprised! The acting was, at times, a little on the cheesy side, but the actors they chose to play the rolls were perfect. (Wayans had me absolutly rolling!) But the best part, in my opinion, were the effects. I thought they did an excellent job bringing to life the fictional fantasy characters of the game. Many of the scenes were just breathtaking. I think it had plenty of action, just enough romance, comedy and great effects. I would definatly reccomend this movie to people just looking to watch an all around fun film.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this