Streetwolf

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Wonderful movie, great scenery, 31 May 2012

Though the movie and the book differ quite a lot, this movie had some wonderful and beautiful scenery, scenes and places i would love to see myself one day. The love story should have evolved more in the movie to create a better reflection of the movie. If i had to choose, i would say, the book was wonderful until the very end, but the movie was just as great, if only the love story had continued with the family leaving and giving them those few days. Ending in the book is predictable. Though, i still believe that Robert Redford is the most beautiful man ever and in this movie, he proves being a charming man and Kristin Scott Thomas is just great as Annie A lovely movie. One i have seen many times.

Payoff (1991) (TV)
Keith Carradine is wonderful!, 12 January 2008

I've always thought of him as a great actor, he's just brilliant in this movie even though the story is a little lame. If you are a KC fan, watch the movie, it's definitely getting a 10/10 from me just because KC looks so adorable in it! I loved the voice he did when he called the hotel pretending to be someone else! And then there was that jumping in the lake scene, cute! Short summary of the movie:

Mac is a limo driver. After watching his parents die when he was 11 and still blaming himself for it when someone paid him to take a package into his own house he has never forgiven himself, but he did see the killer. Now years later whilst driving he sees the killer and comes up with a plan to ruin the killer. He becomes a security guard at the killer's casino, but whilst Mac is planning to pull off a heist he gets involved with the casino banker, but even she isn't who she appears to be....

Not a bad pilot, I would have watched if it had continued..., 9 December 2007

Keith Carradine, Sebastian Spence and Duncan Regehr all on one show YAY! There was some great acting from KC, but I've only seen the movie on VHS and I heard there were other episodes, but it's a shame I won't be able to find them. KC plays a doctor, Richard Bennett, a former race car driver and who has a nemesis Christian Chandler Jr (Duncan Regehr, love the hair by the way). Chris and Rick were in love with the same woman many years ago (Nicole) but after Rick wasted his chance with her, Chris married her and took over his deceased father's company race track. Several years later he requires the help of Rick to provide his track racers with better care, but when one of the racers dies in a freak accident, Rick isn't convinced that it was an accident and whilst snooping he finds out there is more than meets the eye with Chris and others. Chris's little sister falls in love with Rick, but Rick isn't easily duped by her. When another race car driver gets injured (Sebastian Spence, the gorgeous one... No that's Keith Carradine! I meant the other gorgeous guy in this) Rick decides to continue digging, but he suddenly realizes he might be in danger too. Like I said, it was a shame. I gave this an 8/10 and I am hoping that the rumor of the other episodes are true and I would love to get my hands on them!

Failing upwards, 20 November 2006

Okay so here's my 2 cents. If we go back to Goldeneye we learn that M (Judy Dench) hadn't been head of MI6 for that long since Bond (Pierce Brosnan you are missed) mentions that her predecessor kept some cognac... hinting that since he last had a drink in that office there was another M in charge... which couldn't have been that long ago. With that in mind, how is it we jump back in time to the beginning of when Bond became a 00 agent and with Judy Dench still playing the part? Sean Connery was the first, George Lazenby was an accident, a total mistake, Roger Moore was the wimp and a gentleman. Timothy Dalton played the cold-hearted Bond, who wasn't a gentleman, but an agent who wanted the job to be over and done with, he was good. And then we have Pierce Brosnan, the gorgeous, charming gentleman that not only could get the job done, he got it done with style, finesse and he even got the girl in the end. Yes, he was perfect, perfect as Bond and simply the perfect man altogether. Now as for Daniel Craig... He did an okay job of playing a cold version of Bond, but that's already been done by Timothy Dalton. He couldn't charm anyone even if he paid them, he does NOT look good in a suit, and by smashing the Aston Martin he is no gentleman... And he's blonde. His body is too big for his head, or his head is to small for his body, whichever way, he is not the right Bond. I heard somewhere that there was this whole thing about how he emerged out of the water and the scene wasn't supposed to be in the movie, but since all the females (and males) were gasping because of his torso, the scene stayed in. I've seen better. Yes there was that freaky scene where he is tortured by getting his jewels smashed in a few times, and then he just passed out. He didn't have his super stunning tooth (or whatever. Since he was naked... he could have had a secret weapon attached to his nipple) that could knock anyone out for hours and his trusty watch to cut him loose, no... there was no O, P, Q or R branch that could save him. And then there was the Ford Focus.. granted it was car of the year some years ago, but seriously, if I wanted to see a Ford I would have just gone to the showroom! I wanted to see the amazing sports cars, this was a James Bond movie, super agent with all the cool gadgets that one can hope for and the super cars one can only hope to be in the proximity of. That's my rant. I give this movie a 1/10. Not near as interesting as any of the other James Bond movies... including never say never again.

Great movie, hope they make a sequel some day!, 5 January 2006

I finally got to see this movie and I found it very charming.

Quick summary:

Redford plays a semi-serious lawyer Bill McKay whose father was once a governor for California. Now some want him to follow his father's footsteps and become a candidate for senator, but he has a tough rival and his attitude towards it all seems as if he doesn't want to do it, but does it anyway.

Redford is just great in this movie... and very cute! The ending is left just right fora sequel, which I wonder why they haven't made yet.

8/10.

Waste of money., 4 October 2003

Lately every Jackie Chan movie i've seen has been a disappointment, I really didn't expect much from this movie and i was right.

Eddie is a Hong Kong cop helping Interpol grab a criminal called Snakehead, who seems to be after an ancient medallion and its a keeper, a young boy, who has been chosen to give life, power and immortality to whomever he heals with it. After the boy is kidnapped during a failed attempt of capturing Snakehead, Eddie is sent to Dublin, Ireland to continue his investigation with Watson, a nerdy Interpol officer, who can't seem to get anything right and Laura, another Interpol officer, who has a history with Eddie. When Eddie dies whilst saving the boy, the boy gives life back to Eddie, which leads him to discover new things about himself.

The movie is senseless, the comedy sidekick (Lee Evans) Watson is a total bore and the only thing good about this movie were the few stunts and scenes by Jackie himself, I'm still wondering how he managed to fit through that gate, but I guess that's just Jackie. I was going to give a 1/10 but because of that gate scene Im rating it a 2/10 in hopes that Jackie makes some decent movies in the future.

Movie of the year... so far!, 17 July 2003

This was truly a joyful and entertaining movie that from my point of view was most likely this years worth a watch!!

The curse of Cortez is set on the pirate ship crew by the name of Black Pearl. In order to remove the curse they have to find the missing gold piece they had stolen and to spill the blood of a dead pirate after they retrieve the last piece. Unfortunately the missing piece is in the hands of the beautiful Elizabeth Swann, a governor's daughter in love with the local blacksmith and swordsman Will Turner. When Elizabeth is kidnapped by the crew of the Black Pearl, Will Turner accepts the help of the low-life pirate Jack Sparrow, but little does Will know about the true story of Jack Sparrow, as they sail after the Black Pearl.

We were very hesitant to see this movie in the beginning, but after reading the reviews we decided to give it a chance and we were surprised and in awe of the wonderful story it contained. The movie has it all, action, adventure, humour and a wonderful cast. Orlando Bloom makes a wonderful appearance outside of his superb portrayal of Legolas in Lord of the Rings as Will Turner, the young man, who knows so little about his family. Johnny Depp was quite surprisingly brilliant as well as the strange, wigged out and 2-faced pirate Captain Jack Sparrow and least of all the beautiful Keira Knightley, who portrayed Elizabeth Swann is a definitely rising star in the chain of Hollywood actresses! I rate this 10 out of 10 and then some!

Wait for it to come out on vhs/dvd., 5 July 2003

This movie was so not worth a watch.

Summary: We speed up in time and join the loner John Connor, now an adult unaware that his time is approaching to take control of his life and the lives of others to survive judgement day. A new terminator, the TX has been sent back to destroy all those who were commanding officers under John Connor, but John, along with the help of an allied terminator go on a rescue to save his future wife from being killed by the new improved terminator TX and to stopping judgement day.

The ending is not what you would expect, the new TX was very cool although she had 2 lines in the whole movie and as for the rest of the cast, Arnie is back butt naked again as the allied terminator, but apparently isn't the same one that died before... he's a new one and he only takes commands from Kate Brewster... John Connor's future bride, but the kids here have some history, which Kate keeps bringing up at odd times. The first Terminator movie rocked, the 2nd one rocked more but the 3rd one rolled over and died. The only highlight is the new TX, who is described by a close friend of mine as being "hot". I've rated this a 4 out of 10, but just barely.

great movie!, 16 May 2003

Okay so I didn't understand a word of the movie, but thank god for subtitles!

Summary: Ko Chun is the master, the god of gambling, no one can beat him at card games and dices. He is hired by a guy to take his place on a high-stake gambling circuit only Ko Chun ends up having an accident by a couple who had set up a trap for somebody else. They take him in and take care of him, but when he wakes up he has no memory of who he is except that he has a fondness for chocolate and starts behaving like a little child! Great movie, brilliant performance by Chow Yun-Fat as Ko Chun, I rate this movie 10/10!

Very nice movie, 9 May 2003

Nicely made black and white movie with some very nice acting.

Carl (Bruce Campbell), once a popular highschool student gets released from prison after serving 5 years for a heist gone bad. Outside, his friend and partner Patrick awaits his release so they can go rob a bank, but when he meets the girl he left behind in highschool 15 years ago he stands with a difficult choice of having to choose the money or her.

The movie was just over an hour and since it seemed very live we get to see all the actors really putting in a great effort to make this movie good.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]