cmcoveos

The most amazing achievement in natural history TV has ever given, 16 December 2006

The subtitle of the series is not an exaggeration; it has a literal meaning: This is indeed our planet as "never seen before". Right from the outset you are witnessing the most amazing pictures modern technology has ever produced: Views from space, but close enough so we may see the glorious beauty of specific regions of our home planet. Birds of paradise of such beauty that can convince you this is the real paradise and you need not ask for anything more; All the creatures are filmed in unique settings and situations (a polar bear with two cubs emerging from their den as spring comes and gliding down a snow covered slope, the strategic genius of wild dogs encircling a herd of impalas, rare views of a snow leopard and her cub, a white shark in chase of a seal bursting completely out of the sea and hanging in the air for a second and hundreds of other breath-taking shots. Feeling happy for the gift you are given and the next moment plunged in bitter thoughts about how unbelievably brutally has mankind treated it. My rating: Definitely 10/10.