inspector

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Okay..., 31 December 2004

This is not a bad film, just not a great film. The first was a lot better. There were only a few times I laughed out loud. I enjoyed the cast, except of course for Julia Roberts. If they bother making another movie, I hope they write a better script. If they worked on the story a bit more it probably would have been a better film. I was a little bothered that Bernie Mac and Carl Reiner didn't have bigger roles considering they were really good in the first movie. Considering the amount of talent in a movie like this, I would have hoped that this would have been a lot more fun than it was. If you're going to see this, make certain you don't pay full price. I give it a 5 out of 10.

Very cool..., 25 August 2004

I was actually very pleased with this film, even though I basically knew what was going to happen without reading the comics. That being said, I enjoyed every minute of it. I also totally disagree with all of the anti-director speeches and the rating issue. HE DID A GREAT JOB!! GET OVER IT!! I don't know why it would make ANY difference what the rating is, as long as the movie is good. WHICH IT WAS!! I was very impressed with the costumes in particular, as well as the cast. The Predators and the Aliens looked great without the CGI being used for every last effect. Having said that, I don't necessarily think I would own it, but I think it was a great film on its own. I definitely recommend this movie at any price and give it a 9 out of 10.

AWFUL!!!, 16 August 2004

I just watched this waste of time on in demand, and I can't for the life of me figure out why this was ever made. Perhaps the salary was that good, or maybe both Gene Hackman and Ray Romano were duped into believing this was something else besides what it was. Hey Ray, try doing something else like staying on tv, since you can only act like Ray Barone. Here's a tip, Steve Martin doesn't always say "We are 2 wild and crazy guys" in EVERYTHING he does. Gene Hackman, you can do a lot better than this and you have! Try something worthwhile next time for crying out loud! I'm so glad I didn't pay full price. Skip it and you haven't missed anything. I give this movie gets a 0 out of 10. TOTAL GARBAGE!!

AWFUL!!!, 15 August 2004

I unfortunately sat through this waste of time today on In Demand. I wish I hadn't demanded it. This is a classic example of good cast, bad script. It wasn't just bad, I mean this movie was lame with a capital L. There wasn't one time I laughed or even thought "Gee didn't see THAT coming!" Do yourself a favor and skip this worthless piece of garbage with Ray Romano acting just like Ray Barone. POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT! Would you believe that in this movie the words "Holy crap!" are said no differently than in his own show, only this time Peter Boyle isn't the one saying it. Also, there is a joke about his nose just like in his show. Note to Ray Romano, try acting like someone different next time and writing new jokes. It worked for Steve Martin didn't it? Not EVERY movie he did included the words "We are two wild and crazy guys." Anyway, don't bother with this one.

I give it a 0 out of 10. TOTAL GARBAGE!

Collateral (2004)
Villains rule!!..., 10 August 2004

and Tom Cruise really delivers. Michael Mann has always been one of my favorite directors, so when I heard that Tom Cruise was teaming up with him I knew I had to see this one. Honestly, it was hard to actually root for the good guys in this one, and I don't normally do that, it's just that the villain was actually intelligent instead of stupid. Having been a fan of Heat, The Insider, and especially Manhunter, I was pretty sure what I was getting myself into. I give this movie a 9 out of 10. I don't know that I would own it when it comes out on DVD, but, I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Tom Cruise or especially Michael Mann. A must see at any price!!!

I, Robot (2004)
Okay..., 19 July 2004

I was only somewhat impressed with this particular film. I liked the special effects, the cast was good, the story was fine. For some reason, I kept losing interest as it seemed to drag on and on about essentially nothing. If it hadn't been for Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, and Bruce Greenwood, (who always plays a good jerk), I probably wouldn't have cared as much. Actors, by the way, are not my number one reason to watch a movie, it always comes down to the story first and foremost, and fortunately that was okay. Since I wasn't really looking forward to this movie, it should come as no surprise that I only give it a 5 out of 10. Whatever you do, don't pay full price for this one.

FANTASTIC!!!, 2 July 2004

While I have always liked how these comic books are adapted into films, I really enjoyed the story in this one more than the comic book aspect of the film. Roger Ebert said it best, "This is a superhero movie for people who don't like superhero movies." There is so much depth to the characters and storytelling, especially the personal problems Peter Parker has to deal with. I liked this movie just as much as the last one, and I recommend this at any price, which means I give it a 10+ on a scale of 1 to 10. This is yet another movie I will definitely own. I am very excited about the next movie and can't wait until it's released.

Fun, but..., 29 June 2004

It's hard to watch this without thinking of all the reasons things like this just couldn't happen. (For more information, consult the goofs and trivia section and you will see what I am talking about.) I enjoyed the special effects, the actors they chose, and the directing was just fine too. My personal feeling was that after the movie was over it was just okay. I wasn't depressed with any one thing, it just didn't impress me as much as say, Independence Day, which was by the same director and was a great movie as long as you didn't think about the plot. I would strongly advise not to pay full price for this one. I saw it for free and I'm glad I did. I hope his next film is a little better than this one. Oh, by the way, the girls were really cute. I give this film a 5 out of 10.

Okay..., 19 June 2004

I saw this movie and I still feel the same way about this one. It's just way too "Disney" for me. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the film, it just means I liked it as much as the other ones. The kids are doing a great job as usual. I also really enjoyed the actor they chose to play Dumbledore, even though he really didn't sound like him. However, I still liked the way Richard Harris played him best. I hope they decide to keep the same cast for the rest of the movies, but, if they do change certain actors, I understand that too. I recommend this film for those who have already seen the rest. I am looking forward to the next one coming out next year. I give this one a 5 out of 10.

Okay..., 19 June 2004