mitchrmp

Page 1 of 76:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The ending is sad, 10 August 2014

This is another one of my favorite episodes.

At the beginning, Little Joe is missing. He had gone off to get a special gift - a horse - for his father. But raiding killed many men and Ben and his sons needed to go find him.

Emeliano and Little Joe worked so hard to try to save this horse. He was so special, in fact, that Emeliano would rather die then see something happen to his horse.

After the unthinkable happens, Little Joe continues on with the gift for his father. But more tragedy strikes. I always cry at the end of this one right along with Joe. It's so special to see the father-son moment in such a unique and un-mocho way. Ben loved his sons more than anything. Nothing would ever stop him from going when one needed him, and likewise. Little Joe's failure to give his father the gift was heart-breaking...But it's like Ben said - he had the best gift in his arms...

One of my favorites, 10 August 2014

This was a good episode about how a good man can go bad. I loved the main guest character in this - have seen him play similar good/bad characters before. A man works hard cleaning up a place. He puts all his money, blood, sweat and tears then suddenly he's fired. What's he to do? The decision this man made wasn't the best one, but perhaps it was the only one his broken heart could do.

In the end, he was pure evil. Countless people had to die before this evilness ended. Ben and his sons were blinded by the facts.

A very good episode!

Dead: Many

How can I find my way back?, 28 July 2014

Main characters: Ross and Dalphine Marquette

Bonanza character: Adam

ames Coburn plays a man who's losing his mind. No longer is he the loving, devoted husband and friend. Instead, a monster is in his place - one who beats his wife, rustles cattle, and longs to kill his best friend.

This is a good example of what happens when mental illness takes over a body. The episode ends tragic, and even though I'm not a big Adam fan, watching Adam break down like he does at the end brought tears to my eyes. This is a very moving episode.

It seems several died in this episode, though I didn't keep count (at least 6, possibly more)

An Accidental Killing, 19 July 2014

Main characters: Red Twilight and Mary

Bonanza character: All the Cartwright's are involved

In this episode, Hoss tries to be the nice guy that he is and stop a friend from getting into trouble outside the saloon. But a simple act of friendship turns deadly when the man falls, hits his head, and dies. The girlfriend blames Hoss and tells the brother, Red, when he rides into town that it's Hoss's fault.

This is a case of vengeance on Joe's part when Hoss is shot while out trying to come to terms with the shooting. Joe is mad and is determined to kill the man who shot Hoss.

The character actor who plays Red Twilight is Adam Williams. he almost always plays a bad guy.

Dead: 3

Friends in low places, 17 July 2014

Main characters: Carol and Maria Reynolds

Main Bonanza character: Adam Cartrwright

Missing characters: Joe and Hoss

In this episode, Adam gets to travel to Mexico to recover his friend's body for his friend's father, but he is not welcomed when he arrives, and he's told that Carl was a bad guy.

This story takes several twists as he learns that Carl was married, is beaten and threatened to leave, and then learns something very shocking about his friend.

The story gets pretty ugly near the end. James Best, as always, plays a very good baddie with an attitude. You gotta love him!

I just wonder one thing. When they are in the graveyard and Maria learns the truth about Carl, her dress is very low cut - especially for 1961. Did they really wear dresses that low in the 1960's, or was it just not cut? I was a bit shocked...

Dead: 3

Outlaws int he family, 17 July 2014

Cartwright characters: Joe and Hoss (Ben and Adam had smaller roles)

This is one of the humorous episodes. It's one of my favorites. I love seeing the bad boy side of Joe and Hoss. I can only imagine what they were like growing up. I'm sure they were taken to the woodshed a lot!

In this episode, Joe was playing telegrapher while his friend went to get something. Joe gets a message that a bank is closing. Before giving the message to the bank, he discovered that there was a scheme to hurt a nice, old man. So...

Joe and Hoss rob the bank. That's right - THEY ROB THE BANK!!! What follows is a series of events that leaves one laughing! I loved how Ben took everything so seriously, and in the end told Adam he would be pressing some charges against Joe and Ben. This shows how strict and loving of a father he was. Even though Joe and Hoss had the best of intentions, they still needed to be taught that their way of doing things was not good.

I loved Joe's confrontation with his father. Priceless!

Better yet: Nobody was hurt in the making of this episode...really!

The forth wife?, 14 July 2014

Main characters: Jennifer Lane and Frank Milton.

Bonanza characters: They were all equally involved

The episode start off pretty good with a young woman announcing to the Cartwright brothers that she was their new step-mother. Then when Ben arrives home, it's discovered that she is not - she was tricked. But as she drags the family over to the town she claims to h ave been from, things go from bad to worst.

With Ben, Little Joe and Hoss in jail, it's up to Adam to catch the man who really killed the miner and convince Jennifer to convince the truth...

Dead: 2

Not like everyone else, 14 July 2014

Main Characters: The Mother and daughter Spitfires

Bonanza Characters: Little Joe and Ben

After Little Joe catches a man burning their land, he has to kill the man in order to stop the fire. The daughter is naturally upset and tries to kill Little Joe. Oh, but here's the clincher: she's not like anybody else. she's a dirty, smelly, no-manners, cursing spitfire. And her mother's much worse! We're talking a different kind of people who sees nothing wrong with killing.

This episode shows the other side of life - those backwoods people who like living that way and want to keep living that way. The Mama carries a gun and is probably more of a gunfighter than her husband and boys put together. Yep, you know the type...

I'm not who you think I am, 11 July 2014

Main characters: Helen Layton

Main Bonanza Character: Hoss

Missing characters: None

Julie Adams...I cannot stand her characters! I remember her in "Nora" when she played on The Rifleman and couldn't stand her for what she did. Now she gets poor Hoss believing her words!

Hoss is a sweetie. He is so willing to do for others and love someone that it didn't take much for her to get him right where she wanted him.

This episode starts out comical between Hoss and Little Joe, and then soon turns serious when Hoss helps a widow in distress. Secretly, she has another problem that puts a wedge between Hoss and his family.

The episode was good, but I didn't like Julie Adams' character!

The truth about Good ol' Pa, 7 July 2014

Characters: Todd Grayson and Diane Jordan

Cartwright involved: Hoss and Ben

Missing: Joe and Adam (gone on a roundup, I believe)

The beginning of this episode shows Luke Grayson coming into the general store drunk with his girlfriend. He gets mad and tries to kill Ben. Instead, he's killed by Ben. It's a matter of self defense. Ben did everything he could to keep from killing him and no one in the town disputes this - except the girlfriend.

Enter Todd, Luke's son who had come to meet up with his father and start a ranch. No matter what anybody tells him, Todd is convinced that his father was gunned down and murdered; and Ben is getting away with it because he's rich and powerful.

It's classic Ben - he takes in the boy to his home. But no matter what he and Hoss try to do, they can't get through to the boy.

Lee Van Cleef adds drama to this. Obviously, we know he's going to be a baddie. And he does not disappoint in this episode. His party is pretty minor, but he serves his purpose.

Dead: 2