Matt Bain

"Messiah" (2001)
Unbelievable, 1 September 2002

This is the best drama I've seen in a very long time, if not ever. Firstly, Ken Stott is an absolutely fantastic actor, he perfected the part so you really believed he was DCI Red Metcalfe, struggling with all his secrets and dark past. In fact all the actors were excellent in their roles, particularly Neil Dudgeon, Frances Grey and of course, Jamie Draven. The novel in the first place was highly original with an amazingly complex plot, and this was successfully adapted into a high quality, brilliant directed screenplay. To sum up, this was an electrifying piece of ground-breaking drama, every moment communicating mesmerising details about this complex plot and it's highly believable characters. See it if u can, believe me.

Arnie does it again-fantastic plot, fantastic action, 18 April 2002

This is an amazing, action-packed refreshing movie, with a new take on the traditional action-plot. I think this is a new side of Arnie we're seeing, and it is definitely a step in the right direction for changing the way our action-movies look. Whazzup with everyone-there's nothing too bad about this movie, it's a fun and non brain-engaging way of spending a couple of hours.

Arnie does it again-fantastic plot, fantastic action, 18 April 2002

Amazing, refreshing, very fun series, 26 March 2002

This was one of my all-time favourite kid's shows, and it gave Australian TV exports a good name. The actual premise was genius, and the characters really did seem as though they were out-siders just trying to fit in on Earth. The universal themes like love, gratitude and truth being experienced for the first time were handled in a slightly too corny way, but in general, there was a variety of content, from drama to comedy. Good acting, good scripts and a refreshing idea. Why was there only one series?

Rat Race (2001)
One of the funniest films of all time, 26 January 2002

This film took physical comedy to the extreme. The verbal gags were a bit thin, but after a slow start this film really took off, with non-stop laughter all the way. This film did have its faults, Rowan Atkinson was underused, but Andrew Breckman had a very tough job backing up the physical humour with an amazing script. All I can say is that reviewers who found this film too reliant on toilet humour should learn to relax and switch their brains off a bit more at the cinema. I defy anyone who didn't find the squirting milk scene even a bit funny.

Classic, wonderful, beautiful adaptation., 19 October 2001

This series showed how a small and resourceful budget can produce the maximum feeling and atmosphere in this truly classic version. It remains, like the other dramatisations, faithful to the text, and although the special effects are cheap, remember they were state of the art in 1988 and the amazing acting from the children and Barbara Kellermann's stunningly sharp and real portrayal of the witch more than makes up for it. And by the way, unlike other reviews state, this was a series, not a movie, so isn't too long when you think about it. See it if you can, though! Truly classic version.

Children's telly at it's best, 21 September 2001

In my opinion, this was the best of the three Woof generations. It was funny, fresh, and had some good physical jokes as well as great performances from Lionel Jeffries and Owen Brennan. Try and see and episode of this, it was definitely one of the most innovative and quality programmes CITV ever made.

Quite good comedy., 15 August 2001

This was another children's comedy drama brought to the screens by those pros Grant Cathro, Neville Green and Alan Horrox, behind other good children's shows like Spatz and Mike and Angelo. This was an O.K. attempt featuring two girl's efforts to keep an Ice Cream parlour going despite all the odds. Not as good as series' before, but watchable.

Decent enough., 15 June 2001

This was an o.k. attempt at a kids comedy. It tried to have a surreal element of daydreams and fantasies coming true, to make it interesting, but it just came across as a bit boring. The plot wasn't exactly awe-inspiring either, and totally unrealistic. 5/10.

"The Biz" (1995/II)
Great drama, 9 June 2001

This was a great series. It provided good competition for other dramas like Grange Hill and Byker Grove, and was such a fresh and original idea for a drama, brought to the screen in a savourable enjoyable way by the BBC. Why did it end? It was so gripping, and spawned quite a few adult actors like Paul Nicholls of EastEnders and Nathan Constance, now in Bad Girls.