kellyleighcrutcher

I've liked this cartoon ever since I saw it., 14 January 2008

I think ever since I first saw this cartoon I've liked it. I can't remember the last time I saw it, though.

*I* read Hazel's potion ingredients as:

1: Eye of needle 2: Tongue of shoe 3: hand of clock that points at two 4: neck of bottle 5: tail of coat 6: whiskers from a billy goat

===========

My favorite scene is when Hazel's playing her broom like a banjo and she goes into this country square-dance piece to get Donald to kick out that key.

Which nephew's wearing what outfit? I always assumed Huey was wearing the devil outfit, Dewey was wearing the ghost outfit and Louie was dressed as a little witch. But I could be wrong.

I'm a little confused over the ending scene in the movie. Does Krelbourne get inside the plant to destroy it?, 26 July 2007

I'm a little confused over the ending scene in the movie; I think there's a scene in this version where Seymour Krelbourne (Jonathan Haze) gets inside the plant and it eats him? I know the scene's not in the musical version, so it's probably in this one somewhere.

I remember seeing a version of the movie a long time ago where Krelbourne got inside the plant and it wound up eating him. At least, I *think* that's what happens at the end; its been five years since I've seen it. I've never really understood the meaning in that scene.

Does Krelbourne get inside the plant-- A: originally in an attempt to destroy the plant from the inside, or B: because his guilt over murdering and butchering people for the plant to eat drives him to commit suicide?

A Christmas Carol (1999) (TV)
I think Patrick Stewart's performance in "A Christmas Carol" is wonderful, 20 December 2006

I've seen other versions of "A Christmas Carol" with other people playing Scrooge, but I think Patrick Stewart's performance in "A Christmas Carol" is wonderful; his version has to be my favorite. I think that almost scene-by-scene, it's true to the book. An example of this is the 'girl' and 'boy' you see with the Ghost Of Christmas Present. Even if the "Silent Night" scene *is* a goof as someone said, I like it and I think it's a good addition to the movie. I think that scene's pretty. I like how the viewers are taken along with Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Present and shown the various people celebrating Christmas, first in the Cratchit's home, then in a lighthouse, then out to the mariners at sea on a (is it a German or Norwegian?) ship; the song "Silent Night" is continued through the entire scene. I especially like the ending scenes with Scrooge joining the choir at the church, then visiting his nephew, then surprising Bob Cratchit. Cratchit, just like in the book, thinks Scrooge is going crazy at first and reaches for the poker. If I could rate any higher than a ten, I would. :) This is one of my favorite movies; I try to watch it or record it every Christmas. As soon as I can find a copy on DVD, I plan to buy it.

This isn't meant to be taken seriously; it's a movie that you can laugh your head off at while you watch, 6 December 2006

This isn't meant to be taken seriously; it's a movie you can laugh your head off while you watch. I loved the entire movie, but my favorite scenes have to be the mistakes with Dr. Pratt's wig; the entire "dueling saxophones?" piece where the president and his clone are on-stage, and the scene where Dix tries to sneak into (is it Pratt's?) office and starts playing that piece of classical/can-can music. I also like the little 'in-jokes' during the ending credits and right at the beginning of the movie. A previous reviewer called "2001: A Space Travesty" one of the stupidest and worst comedies ever? I don't know if another reviewer already said this or not, but: 'Describing like that implies that it was meant to be taken seriously.' Hey, the movie's an excuse to be silly. If I could rate any higher than 10, I would. This is one of my favorite movies ever.

Spirited Away- One of the best anime movies ever!, 15 November 2006

I don't really know if my comment has spoilers, but I'll mark it as having them anyway. I saw the movie once this year; I can't remember the exact date, though. If I could rate it higher than a ten, I would. My favorite characters have to be Chihiro/Sen; No-Face; the little mouse? (Or is it a gerbil or a hamster? I'm not sure what that one little character is); the little black spider or bat; and Haku. The scenes where the dragon Haku turns back into his human form are really good, but I don't really think I can pick a favorite scene. I love the whole thing. I'm looking forward to finding my own copy of the movie on DVD.

Skylark (1993) (TV)
I think this is one of my favorite movies now. :), 4 November 2006

I don't know if my message has spoilers or not, but I'm marking it just in case. I saw the first movie and "Skylark" for the first time on November 4, 2004 (I'm watching Skylark as I'm typing this, in fact) and I think they're both wonderful movies. Glenn Close (Sarah) and Christopher Walken (Jacob Witting) are wonderful playing together. I saw Close in the 101 Dalmatian movies as Cruella DeVil, but I think she's better in the role of Sarah Wheaton/Witting. Sarah, her cat, Seal, (Seal's a lovely cat) and the Wittings are my favorite characters from this. If I could rate higher than a ten, I would. Has anyone thought of making a fourth movie in this series?

Rottweiler (2004)
I liked the movie, but I did NOT like the way it portrayed Rottweilers., 16 October 2006

I liked the movie, but I did NOT like the way it 'sterotypically?' portrayed Rottweilers. I'll have to give it a five instead of a ten for that. I love animals and I think all animal cruelty's wrong. What makes a dog vicious isn't the breed, but the way the animal's treated. If someone treats a cute little poodle or a Peke mean enough, it'll become an attack dog. I don't have a Rott myself, but I know that with the right, caring, gentle people, they'll become caring, gentle dogs. WARNING: On a gore scale of 1 to 10 (1 being least sickening, 10 being most) I'd have to rate this a 9. If you don't like a lot of gore and violence, then please don't watch this.

Cast Away (2000)
I saw "Cast Away" for the first time on October 8, 2006, 8 October 2006

If I could rate any higher than a ten, I would. I really liked the character 'Wilson' that Nolan (or was it Noland?) created. When he lost 'Wilson' at the end of the movie, to me, it was like seeing a living character being killed. I don't know why, though. I literally began crying. Wasn't 'Wilson' his only friend for. . . how many years was he on the island? Four? I don't know if I'm the only one who cried at that scene or not. I grinned when I saw the other Wilson volleyball in the car with him in a later scene. His 'relationship' with 'Wilson' would continue, I guess, is what I was thinking. What awards did Hanks win for this role?

This is one of my favorite movies. Michael Caine makes a wonderful Scrooge., 6 October 2006

This is one of my favorite movies. If I could rate it any higher than a ten, I would. Michael Caine makes a wonderful Scrooge. I have it on VHS and try to watch it every Christmas. I like how Scrooge reformed after seeing Tiny Tim sick.

My favorite song in the movie has to be the one the Cratchit family sing together. Every time Tiny Tim (Was Robin the Muppet name of the little frog?) gets sick at the end of the song I get a lump in my throat and start crying. And in the future scene when you realize Tim's dead you can't help crying. My second favorite is the song Scrooge does at the very end, I think it's called "With A Thankful Heart," but I'm not sure. I like how they show him playing Santa Claus to everyone. I also like the ones "There goes Mister Scrooge" in the very beginning and "Marley and Marley" by Statler and Waldorf.

When Scrooge sees his gravestone and realizes he's the one everyone was talking about: "I only know that he's dead, it's a shame he didn't die years ago" I feel sorry for him.

I like the little mice living in that hole in the wall.

I'm not sure about one thing. Did another of the Muppets (Sam the eagle, maybe?) play the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come?

Shrek 2 (2004)
Does anyone else think Puss in Boots was their favorite character?, 5 October 2006

If I could rate this any higher than a ten, I would. This is one of my favorite movies.

Does anyone else think Puss in Boots was their favorite character? He was mine. I loved the cute little 'innocent kitty' face with the big eyes he made several times to catch enemies off guard during the movie. It did the trick! I also liked the way they based Puss off 'Zorro' with the black cape, the rapier and the black hat and had him carving a 'P' into trees instead of a Z. I especially loved the lines when he was telling Shrek and Donkey: "Please, no, por favor, por favor, please no, I implore you. I was doing it for my family! My mother she's sick and my father he lives off the garbage. The king offered me much money and I have a little brother..." and the later line where Donkey says, "Do I look any different?" Puss' reply is priceless: "You still look like an ass to me!"

Antonio Banderas played the role perfectly. I really hope they keep Banderas on as Puss in the following "Shrek" sequel (s? I don't know if there'll be more than three.); now that they introduced Puss, the movies won't be the same without him.