D.E.B.S. (2004)
Priceless, 18 August 2006

This may be (no, it is) the most fun and repeatedly watchable and enjoyable movie I have ever seen. Jordana Brewster has "Bette Davis eyes" on steroids and the amount of devilishness, comedy, cleverness, sexiness and emotion that she conveys so effortlessly and relentlessly with these brilliant and most deadly of all the formidable weaponry that appears in this She Spies/When Lucy met Amy extravaganza is staggering, and endlessly enjoyable. I'm sorry, but Jordana is a revelation. I know this is a goofy movie, but seriously, she deserves any and all awards possible for her performance. The writing and fashion and dialog, and sheer cheekiness and utter girlness and goofiness of the plot and the sets are simply priceless. In fact there are several absafrigginlutely "Priceless" characters in this move.

Jordana Brewster (Lucy Diamond) Sara Foster (Amy Bradshaw) Janet (Jill Ritchie) Scud (Jimmi Simpson)

Particularly Lucy, Janet and Scud. There is simply not one scene that any of them appear in in which they are not quite simply priceless. Watchable again and again and again and again. When Jordana and Jimmi lip sync Erasure's "A Little Respect" in a montage scene I can literally watch it over and over for hours.

When Lucy and Amy first come into contact they collide in a warehouse chase scene, go down and come up pointing their huge guns at each other, it is one of the smartest, funniest, silliest and sexiest scenes in cinema history. I'm sorry, but it is!! Every look, every facial crinkle, every lip curl, every line and every flash of the eye could not be improved one bit whatsoever, period, end of story.

But perhaps most of the kudos for this kitchy, catty, silly, lezurely masterpiece should go to Angela Robinson who came up the idea when she was in film school, as she explains in the extra footage on the DVD. It is clear that this project is near and dear to her heart and she put so much into it, as it was her first major film, and there are so many tributes to so many other movies that it's hard to count them all. She had to coach Jordana (Lucy Diamond) into acting like a "rock star" in order to get her to appear so convincing in her pursuit of Sara (Amy) and it in the process, she created a monster, for which I will ever be in both of their eternal debts.

It has been said that Jordana channels Demi Moore, but she is so much sexier and funnier and smarter than Demi ever was. The simple little touches and dialog are what make this movie so worthy of my undying madly in-love-with-ness.

Here, as Lucy and Amy are having their first fight, Lucy (the goody two shoes) of the pair tries to justify her existence:

"Just because I'm not some bad ass master criminal doesn't mean what I do isn't important" There is line after line which will make you chuckle until you can't chuckle anymore....

And when Lucy Diamond wants to turn the continent of Australia to burnt toast with a Dr. Evil style supermegadestructo gun, after she can't have her way with Amy, well, again watchable a hundred or a thousand times over.

But through and on top of it all, is a very clever, touching and believable love story in the midst of all the goofiness, between two incredibly hot women, but the hotness is not in sex scenes, which were deleted to get a PG rating, but in their expressions, conversations, kisses but mostly, in the way their lips and their eyes are used when they are not kissing, but when simply engaged in conversation.

I stumbled across this movie on accident on YouTube. And YouTube is the reason I went out and bought the DVD the very next day. I simply had to have this movie in full length and full quality. Go YouTube!! Keep infringing copyrights, Go independent thinkers, writers and fun loving producers and studios for making movies like this come true!!

THANK YOU ANGELA ROBINSON!!! You are a rock star!!

Anyone who does not like this movie is probably a Republican. Or dead.