Thornfield2

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

I speculated with a friend and thought about it all night, 16 October 2001

Spoilers- I believe this is the first movie to ever make me think for hours upon end after watching. And I have seen more than my share of movies. Ok where do I even begin? One of the most interesting scenes to me was when he was having dinner at Ferrin's house and after he attacked her he rolls into this little ball on her carpet. It makes me wonder along with everything else he does, what kind of a childhood he had. I talked with my ex-roommate who councels people in group therapy sessions and she and I speculated nearly all night on what kinds abuse he suffered or what kinds of things he saw or experienced as a child. Was killing his way of helping people? And why was sex or love expressed so violently by a gentle and likeable man who handled even his murder victims so delicately? We speculated more. What is really scary is that I could almost identify with the guy. We also speculated that there must have been something he could see in his victims that reminded himself of the things he hated about his own persona. Things he wanted to kill. Like I compare the young football player with his father to maybe himself and the outside world.The bar chick and her addiction lead me to believe that maybe he was addicted to his killing and the business man in the diner was eating by himself and maybe he was eating by himself. Maybe he was lonely.

What were his parents like? We could ony speculate but it seemed to us that the reason he cleaned his landlord's room and no other roomin the house was maybe he was trying to clean up his image of his parents in his mind. And then there were some things we could even speculate on. Like when he is delivering mail and he talked about the smells coming from each house and he said he would leave them unexplored. Was he maybe thinking of entering these people's homes? I agree with another comment in saying that even though what he did was horrendous, I still wanted him to be ok. Hell, I could go on forever but all I know is is when the mail is shoved through the window of my door this movie is always brought to mind.

I speculated with a friend and thought about it all night, 16 October 2001

Fine Work!, 6 September 2001

This film was magnificent and nothing short of breath taking. You know when you've got the talents of Mira Sorvino and Alison Elliot (Spitfire Grill) you can't go wrong. Not only were these actresses brilliant and believable, in their wretched marital situations, but I was also able to discover the talents of Cherie Lunghi and Carla Gugino. Gugino, especially shined as the philosophical and impetuous, Nan. Lush settings and beautiful costumes were just the crowing touches to this film that illustrated, wonderfully and very accurately, the foreign social customs of England and the USA in the 1870's. It also showed me how cruel it can sometimes be when the most crucial decisions in life are given to the young and innocent. Splendid entertainment and with all confidence I can truly say that this film is one of closest films to reach to perfection that I have ever seen.

Kudos to star power and a scene that scared me, 4 September 2001

There was a scene that frightened me, but just one scene. It was when Nell was lying in her bed and Hugh Crain's dark ominous shadow drifted over her bed from the window. Chilling. The house was cool and creepy too. Hey if anything watch it for the stars. Neeson and Wilson especially. Could have been so much more though. 6 out of 10.

M-E-A-T-M-A-C-H-I-N-E...Meat Machine...Meat Machine...Yeah!, 29 August 2001

I was so suprized to see how many people know this movie! It definatley has cult classic written all over it. I liked the green team. These Blue Ribbon beer guzzlers were out of control. The funniest parts to me were the scenes at the airport and the arcade. It took some imagination to come up with something like this and Leon rules. Why did the yellow team have to win? They were kind of cheesy but I guess it's expected. Anyhow despite this predictable ending and the giggling, chubby twins from the red team (that to me were kind of disturbing) this movie rocks!

It just didn't seem to fit, 29 August 2001

Don't get me wrong this was not a bad movie, I just didn't think that it fit somehow. It didn't seem like a sequel or the "missing middle chunk" of the beloved cartoon. The first film, to me, seemed to have been set in the middle to late fall, I can stretch my imagination and see it possibly being November but not December. I think they could have made Forte' much more interesting and menacing and Fife was cute, but I think the real kudos goes to Haley Joel Osment's Chip. Paige O'Hara's Belle sings a lovely song about story books and this little sequence was charming, but still it seemed to lack the essence that made the original so magical. I rarely watch these Disney sequels anyhow due to the animation not being what it's like in the originals. I took a gamble and watched this and it was good, but nothing like the first and finest.

Cast Away (2000)
Little Wilson steals the show., 23 August 2001

This comment amongst so many others only has one thing to say. Wilson is one of the greatest characters in a movie I have ever seen. Tom Hanks you were in fine form as usual, but Wilson stole the show for me. Excellent movie.

My very favorite couple in the only soap I watch and soap history for that matter!, 23 August 2001

Jack and Jennifer are the best couple ever in a Soap! I know that Jen is tied up with Collin right now and that Greta is developing feelings for Jack. This is all fine and dandy...but please keep them on the show! Please. I go to college part time and work full time and it's the only current television(out side of a movie I occassionally catch on cable)I watch right now. Seriously, Jack and Jen left me in the mid nineties and two fakes took over their roles and it really took me a while to recoop from this. Matthew Ashford and Melissa Reeves I love you and so do many others. With Jen and Jack's return I am now hooked once again. I miss Carly too, but her departure didn't make me cry as I did in 1993 when I was a junior in high school and I saw Jack (out of guilt for causing his daughter's bone disease) lean over Abby's cradle and say good bye. And also when Jen discovers he's gone and was angry and upset. Ok, I think I made my point. DOOL, Matt and Missy thanks for bringing J and J back. Now we loyal J and J fans can come home from work a watch our taped episodes and see the progression of these two fabulous characters. I wonder what Jack will think of next!

Stiller's back talk, 23 August 2001

Alright there are 200+ comments here and I'll keep this one brief. This was incredibly funny. Stiller and DeNiro make a great team. The cat was a little scene stealer. It's was great to see yummy Owen Wilson make a few scenes. Most of all the funniest parts are when Stiller's character is by himself and mimmics Jack's put downs such as "I have n's can you milk me?" when he's alone in the kitchen and while out driving looking for Mr. Jinx he mutters "He's out there without food water or toilet." Very, very funny. I'm looking forward to Meet the Fockers. Peace.

Sabrina (1995)
I've never even seen the original..., 20 August 2001

Not seeing the original, I can't really say that the old one was better or worse. But, it if it is, the 50's version must be a fine piece of work because this charming adaptation was truly a pleasure to watch. I adored this film about a simple girl in love with the unattainable man who is everything to her. The message in this film is what gets me most and I don't remember the exact words but it was basically saying to be careful with obsessions and that they can be illusions. That's so true. Outside of the movie it seemed to me that Julia Ormond and Greg Kinnear had more chemistry than she and Harrison Ford, but that was just my opinion. I really loved this movie and I agree with the other user comment in saying it is truly a one of the best of the 90's. A real gem amidst many awful movies that came out during the past decade. Bravo!

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]