disdressed12

Page 1 of 202:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]
2015 reviews in total

Spaceballs (1987)
" I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate", 11 October 2016

for a parody of Star Wars(at least I think it's supposed to be a parody)this movie is lacking in the comedic elements.i found it boring and slower than molasses flowing uphill in January.i only chuckled once during the whole movie,and that was close to the end.it has a rating of 7.1/10 on this site,which I think is way too generous.there was nothing wrong with the acting.it's just the script.virtually all of the gags fall flat.the Schwartz is definitely not with this film..apparently there is a sequel in the works.maybe that one will be funnier than this one was.i did manage to make it through to the end though.and it's not an awful film.but it isn't very good either.for me,Spaceballs is a 4.5/10.

The Darkness (2016/I)
i found it effective, 11 October 2016

I actually enjoyed this supernatural thriller.i found it very suspenseful and eerie at times.the music was great.and the acting was good all around.Kevin Bacon Plays Peter Taylor.Radha Mitchell plays his wife Bronny.Lucy Fry plays their daughter Stephanie,and David Mazouz plays their son Michael.Mazous is a stand out here.the plot is basically this.Peter Taylor(Bacon) and his family return from a camping trip at the grand canyon.almost from the moment they arrive home,strange things begin to happen.little things at first,which slowly escalate to more serious events.the low rating here(4.2/10)is unjustified,in my opinion.while I wouldn't call it a masterpiece,i think it was still effective.for me,The Darkness is 7.6/10

Hard Target 2 (2016) (V)
not horrible,not great, 11 October 2016

this film doesn't compare to the first one,in a few ways.the action sequences aren't as epic.the acting was okay,but not great,except for Robert Knepper,who played Aldrich,the main villain,and Ann Trong who played the female lead to Scott Adkins male lead.she was also very good.as for the dialogue I also thought some of it was cringe worthy and clichéd.the fight scenes were not bad,although they weren't great.the plot is basically this: Wes Baylor,a retired martial artist is offered a million dollars for one last fight.however,things are not what they seem.what follows is a fair amount of action,though like I said,it isn't as epic as the original.however,having said all that,it was still watchable,and entertaining.for me,Hard Target 2 is a 5.6/10

it's that time of year again, 6 October 2016

I enjoyed this second film in the Purge series of films.this one has nothing at all to do with the first one.the characters are all different.the premise s the same.the U.S. government has sanctioned one twelve hour period each year where all crime is legal.the movie starts out with three different groups of people trying to make it through thru the night.eventually these three groups meet up and band together to survive the purge.this film had more action the previous one and it was more exciting.the novelty of the premise wears off though and it becomes a better than average action adventure movie.plus it echoes a few other films with similar themes.when you add it all up,though it's still an entertaining movie.for me,The Purge: Anarchy is a 7/10

The Purge (2013/I)
welcome to a world where all crime is legal one night a year for twelve hours, 5 October 2016

I liked this movie.it was suspenseful,thrilling well acted and unpredictable.at least I thought so.basically,the U.S. government has sanctioned one day a year,for twelve hours where any crime,including murder is legal.this is called the purge.as I said I liked the movie.the premise is very creative.at ;east to me. I haven't seen anything like it.it takes some interesting twists and turns and doesn't end up the way I thought it would.it stars Ethan Hawke as James Sandin,Lena Heady as his wife,Max Burkholder as their son Charlie and Adelaide Kane as their daughter Zoey.together they must try and and make it through the purge without being killed.that is all I will say on that.for me,The Purge is an 8/10

exciting stuff, 3 October 2016

I liked this film.it's set in New England1952during a massive storm at sea,which crucially damages as on oil tanker off the sea of Cae Cod.a daring Coast Guard rescue operation(with four coastguard members) is undertaken to rescue the crew of the tanker and get them home safely.this is Disney film,so sometimes the music gets a little melodramatic for my taste.but this didn't effect my enjoyment of the film.this being set in the 1950's,the women in the film are mostly relegated to the sideline.the one exception is the character of Miriam(Holliday Grainger(love interest for Chris Pine's character Bernie Webber))who is a strong female presence,but is sadly underused.also,the one black man on the doomed tanker gets one sentence the whole movie.if you can overlook these issues,you should enjoy this film.it's fast paced,thrilling and well acted.for me The Finest Hours is an 8/10

Fright Night 2 (2013) (V)
ignores Fright Night part 2 (1988), 1 October 2016

s far as I can tell,this movie is a re-imagining of the original Fright Night(1985).it's not a remake Per SE,but it does pay homage to the original. some of the characters have the same names as in the original(with different actors) and there are also some new characters.i like how they took some of the original characters and went in a new direction with them.this film ignores the the sequel,Fright Night part 2,which came out in 1988.i rather enjoyed it.it currently has a rating of 4.3/10 on this site,and while I don't think it's a masterpiece,i would rate it higher than that.i thought it was entertaining and well acted.i liked the music as well.for me,Fright Night 2(2013) is a 5.6/10.

illuminating, 1 October 2016

this documentary,narrated by Knox(who is is also seen screen) focuses on her arrest for a brutal murder,her conviction and acquittal of the crime not once,but twice.she was convicted twice and acquitted twice.i found this documentary fascinating and illuminating.no matter which side of the fence you're on regarding her guilt or innocence,her story is captivating.the most compelling evidence points to her innocence.there is evidence that the case was bungled by both the police and the prosecutors.and the media seems to be held responsible for her acquittal,according to the authorities.Knox herself seems genuine and truthful,although some of her behaviour during the whole ordeal was a bit strange,that alone is not enough to make her guilty of murder.on the other hand,even if the authorities bungled the investigation,that does not mean she is innocent.for me,Amanda Knox (2016)is an 8/10

the true sequel to Fright Night, 29 September 2016

I enjoyed this true sequel to the original Fright Night(1985).once again Charley Brewster(William Ragsdale)and Pter Vincent(Roddy McDowall)return to battle some new vampires.this film,unlike the original film has some humorous bits mostly courtesy of John Gries who played Louie.the musical score was once again done by Brad Fiedel,and was again very appropriate to the movie.the acting is good enough for the most part.i thought Traci Lind was good as Charlie's girlfriend.however,Julie Carmen,who plays Regine,really didn't do anything for me.I also thought the special makeup effects were inferior to the original.nevertheless,the movie is watchable and a worthy sequel.Fright Night Part 2 is a 6/10

The Visit (2015/I)
not bad at all, 29 September 2016

Becca and her younger brother Tyler go to visit their grandparents for a week while their mother is on vacation.Becca and Tyler begin to suspect something strange is going on,and they eventually come to the realization that their grandparent have deep dark secret.this is the latest feature film directed by M.Night Shymalan and it's actually pretty good.the movie is suspenseful,unnerving and frightening.the acting is really good all around.i liked the story as well.i also thought the music was perfect fir this movie.there are a few disgusting moments and a few scenes I wish I could un-see,but overall,i enjoyed it.for me,The Visit is a 7/10

Page 1 of 202:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]