lottatitles

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Original Much, MUCH better., 18 April 2004

Here is a test for sci-fi writers. You must write a script where:

1. The car always starts. 2. People DON'T start searching for the vampire 30 minutes before sundown. 3. There ISN'T a storm during the climatic ending. 4. Someone DOESN'T go into the house, open the door (box) whatever, after being told NOT TO. 5. Pollution doesn't play a part in the monster's growth. 6. All the 'bad' people DON'T get eaten; some of the 'good' people do. 7. The kids aren't so precocious you WANT them to die. 8. The adults actually make sensible decisions. 9. The characters take precedence over EFX. 10.EFX are less...not more.

Crocodile (2000) (V)
(bleeped), 18 April 2004

Here is a test for sci-fi writers. You must write a script where:

Excellent Thriller********, 17 April 2004

The naysayers must have seen a different film than I did. This is a scary movie. Stephen Dorff is excellent as the manical killer (You know it right off so this is no give away). Denis Quaid and Sharon are just fine as the Parents. This play on every fear you've ever had about moving to a strange country town. The Devil's Throat scene is nerve racking and the ending is very frightening. I think everyone today has become jaded and wants more and better monsters. Monsters who are people are always scarier...and this one delivers. The swimming pool will get you, too. Julliet Lewis is a strange character. I think she (and a lot of the town's people) knew about Dorff's character all along. They were too afraid to do anything about it.

Solaris (2002)
Sleepy Time, 12 April 2004

I've tried to watch this film all the way through 3 time. Fell asleep every time. Finally, on the 4th try I made it...unfortunately. This movie is why I intensely dislike outer space sci-fi. Too many people trying to make a 'meaningful' movie in space. A little too Camus for me. No...a LOT too Camus for me. I didn't care about these people one way or the other. I didn't care about Clooney's fantasy, reality, or anything in-between. I didn't get it. I'm not embarassed that I didn't get it. I'm GLAD I didn't get it. This movie is the epitomy of a director masturbating on film...and not very well. This is MORE than ten lines. They've got to change this rule. Some movies, like this one can be summed up in ONE line. It stinks.

A dud from the word 'go'!, 19 March 2004

Bears almost no resemblance to the book (unfortunately). Two of these kids are big enough to have jumped the grandmother AND the butler and gotten the hell out of there. They wander around like meek little mice and refuse to question their mothers sanity. They make half-hearted attempts to escape but not really. The boy is the worst when it comes to standing up for the kids. They let this bible-thumping crazy grandmother reek havoc on their lives and their mothers (who's already nuts). She's (the mother) already allowed the grandmother to pay her back for what she considers 17 years of sin. It just goes on and on till the writer and director have decided they're never going to get the book on film. They shrug their shoulders and walk away from the film at the end. This might be a great re-make in a few years with a well-thought-out script, a good director and especially a good cast.

Orca (1977)
Where to Begin, Where to Begin, 13 March 2004

I wish I could use just one line. I wish Richard Harris had never done this movie. I wish the Whale had eaten Charlotte Rampling. What to do what to do. A killer whale is chasing me because I killed it's baby. How about...MOVE TO ARIZONA! Unless the whale has some frequent flyer miles to use up, or a railroad ticket handy, it's not going there. But that's too logical a thought for this man. No, he going to do the macho thing and see who's the biggest fish in the sea. I was rooting for the whale all the way. But, this is the 70's. I'd hoped we'd be seeing more sensible, thought provoking movies by now. But 'B' screenwriters haven't learned much. This IS ten lines.

Snakehead Terror (2004) (TV)
Ho Hum...almost, 13 March 2004

(Spoilers) This could have been a nice monster flick. I mean, there ARE snakehead fish, they DO grow to over four feet and some, in Asia, have been rumored to attack humans. So, all they had to do was stick with facts and rumors to get a good story going. No...they had to use the old..."we can't close the lake, it'll ruin business" line (Jaws) and "I know they said don't go near the lake but..." from every monster movie made. Next we have the obligatory teens hunting the fish...in the water...with a gun. Lots of munching and chomping. And, of course, it was all caused by human-growth-hormone released in the water. Oh, well. It could have been toxic spill or acid rain. It also could have been a much better movie.

Wonderful, 6 March 2004

I pity the people who have become so dependent on efx, blood, gore and technology they can't appreciate a movie like this! They have lost a major part of their lives...imagination. They may regain it but not if they can't appriciate a movie like this. Cain and Duvall deliver their expected greatness. Osment (contrary to some statements) DOESN'T still seems like he's doing A.I. He's very good as a teen in transition. The animals play a major part in this fun movie, too. See this movie. But put the jaded adult away for awhile. This in extra writing to use up the ten lines. I've said it all. What more can I say? This IS ten lines! Your verw comments is screw up!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!, 21 February 2004

OK, that's it! When are we going to demand of the Sci-Fi channel that they stop making this crap?! Komodo was fair, but THIS....IS....CRAP! It's an excuse for a little T&A and a lot of bad acting, writing, and directing. It's not even worth a review except I'm hoping this will save a lot of people some money should they decide to rent it. This movie has NO REDEEMING QUALITIES!

Bravo Depp!, 18 February 2004

To say Johnny Depp is amazing in this movie is an understatement. He is remarkable...from his slight, drunken slur to his swagger. How he changes his voice to play Captain Jack Sparrow is the stuff awards are made of. It never falters. His screen presence is everything in this movie along with Geoffrey Rush'. I've love Edward Scissorhands to From Hell starring Johnny Depp...but this is the icing on the cake. I really hope they DON'T make a sequel unless someone takes the time to write one that's really good...and then if Depp doesn't do it, it's pointless.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]