Quotable

Nice piece of work, 2 March 2009

My low regards for Swedish film industry aside, this is a really well crafted movie. Director Oplev apparently knows the ropes enough to make the Swedish crew seem plausible. The old school with SB Taube and Hirdwall usually deliver good characters, and Nyqvist as well. The younger talent strikes me as a bit more stiff usually and deliver dialogs as they read directly from the script. Not here. The only one that I find off, is actually Lena Endre. Not that she is bad, but she is just as we always see her. Music-wise, a big step in the right direction. I think of Howard Shore scores from Seven and Silence of the lambs. Too bad that the movie sound, the dialog in particular, doesn't hold the same standard. Also, not to give anything away, in the final scenes- bear in mind Bourne Ultimatum last scenes, and Silence of the lambs final. In short, hats of to this magnificent film. This is the proof that you don't necessarily make a good flick just on million dollar budgets as in Arn(lame), but with the right talent. In this case I salute director Oplev.