MsMovie

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

My daughter was waiting for this all summer - she was not happy!, 24 September 2015

I consider the Muppets to be a family oriented show so for me it should be funny for all the family. What we got with this first episode of the NEW Muppets was like watching a reality version of the Muppets, with the meetings etc, and my daughter didn't find ANY of that entertaining at all. I can't say I really did either, although I could perhaps appreciate what they were trying to do, but it just didn't work for us at all.

We may give this a second chance next week, but if the format and content is the same, well, for us, they sucked ALL the fun out of the original Muppets and it's just not the same.

I gave it a 4/10 for the effort, but anything that gets a 4 in my book will be canceled in a few weeks, or else it better improve pretty dang fast!

Home (2015/II)
OK movie, MANY BOGUS 10 scores!!!! Beware!, 29 March 2015

This was an OK animated movie - not a great story at all by any stretch, very predictable BUT the two lead characters were voiced well and were very appealing. Rihanna and Jim Parsons are carrying this movie for sure, which is a good thing.

Now to the BOGUS "10" score reviews - check out how many USA reviewers gave this movie a ten score and have been members of IMDb for the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME - at the time of writing this I believe it was 1 week and 2 days for every single USA IMDb member review that gave it a ten and they NEVER reviewed any other IMDb movie at all - only this one - ooh spooky? Or ballot stuffing? you decide!

This says to me that the studio got a whole load of their people to create accounts and log in here and "big up" the review score because they didn't think it was going to do so well by itself.

Make sure when you're reading reviews they are from someone who has reviewed SOME OTHER TITLE and not just this one single movie as their first movie and they just joined a week ago.

Bogus 10 scores to get parents to take their kids - very uncool! So, my review is, if you have a little extra cash and your kids are really bored, they will probably like this, just don't expect a Toy Story level movie, because if Pixar gets an A, then this gets a D+, maybe a C- at best because the script wasn't well developed at all.

Congrats to Rihanna though, she did a great job!

Insurgent (2015)
Liked it a lot BUT worst 3D ever - go for 2D instead!, 20 March 2015

Firstly, I want to start with how much I enjoyed the movie, although it was a lot different from the book, but I still liked it. They developed the characters nicely enough, but there were no real major twists.

It definitely lacked the pace and action of the first movie as some of the action in this one was a little boring and too much centered on simulations.

Having said that, I have a MAJOR peeve with this movie - I went to see it in super wonderful 3D and it WAS NOT WONDERFUL.

I would say it was possibly the worst movie I have seen made in the modern 3D (I was around for the 70's version which was horrible).

There was no need at all for 3D in this movie in my honest opinion and you'd be better off saving your money and just seeing the 2D, you'll have more for the concession stand.

There were a lot of birds flying around - ooh, how exciting - and there were things falling and coming apart, and then there were just scenes with people walking around that was enhanced with the 3D, to what purpose I'm not sure - just for the hell of it? Just so they could make us pay more thinking it was going to be this major 3D event?

As to the movie and the development of the story, it was OK, I will go and see the final chapter, or most likely it will be chapters as they love to make 2 movies for the last book of any series and that's just a money grabbing effort in my opinion too.

All in all a good movie with some interesting cinematography and special effects, just not quite as good as I was hoping, and especially not the 3D part.

I gave it a 6 which in my book says solidly watchable, but not one I'm likely to be quoting lines from any time soon.

OMG, this is SO bad., 13 February 2015

I have to say right from the start that I read the entire first book and that I thought it was absolutely horrible - badly written erotica at best with a lame plot and a horribly pathetic female lead and a very unlikeable hero (who was no hero to me).

That out of the way, I saw Jamie Dornan was cast and heard they changed a lot of the story for the movie script and thought maybe it would be OK, but it wasn't.

I counted 10 people who left at some part during the movie and never came back, which is rare these days as people tend to stay to get their money's worth out of the price of the ticket.

The settings are nice at times and so is the music, but the acting (Jamie what were you thinking????) was so wooden. It was almost like a Saturday Night Live skit, except they weren't playing for laughs in this movie they were serious, but it was cringeworthy at best.

Christian Grey is no hero, and Dakota Johnson was so understated it was like she wasn't even there at all.

Not a good movie - definitely not a date movie (I was so irritated by it by the time I left, no one was getting lucky!).

The good parts of the movie - really the music is the best part and the end, because it was finally over - could have been a good 20 minutes shorter! The bad parts - the script was like a really bad 1960's Mills & Boon romance, and it was so slow you could honestly fall asleep if the acting weren't so painfully wooden.

If you are looking for a good mainstream movie to watch to get turned on, find one on Netflix, Google movies that are sexy, you'll find something much more titillating.

I am so glad some of the actors who were originally considered decided to say no, this movie could be a career killer! I hope it isn't the number 1 movie this week purely because it would be a shame if this drivel is what Americans actually want to watch and think is sexy. Men of course will enjoy the naked parts, of course they will, Dakota has a nice body, but as a woman, I don't ever want to be as wussy as Anastasia and I sure don't want women in general thinking it's OK to be abused by a guy in the name of sex.

Being tied up is great in a committed relationship, it's fun, it's NOT abusive - BUT in this movie, it's creepy, borderline degrading and just uncomfortable.

The funniest part for me (apart from the script!) was how uncomfortable the men who had clearly come in with their wives thinking they were going to get lucky later, and clearly wanted to leave and couldn't. Hilarious! I gave it a 1 out of 10 because you can't go any lower and the music really was quite good, but everything else, give this one a miss and wait for the UV code to come out - at least you won't waste as much money as 2 movie tickets, drinks, popcorn etc, and there's an OFF button on the ROKU, so you can switch this crapola off and just go have sex with your partner instead.

This used to be an OK show for a soap..., 5 November 2014

I really would give this show a 1, but it used to be OK, maybe 5-6 at best, but it was OK. The actors can for the most part act, in the way that is expected from soaps, which is slightly exaggerated, and some of the prior actors have moved on to make prime time shows.

But the writing is what is bringing this show down to a dreadfully, mediocre show at best.

**SPOILERS** We have a female character drugging a priest to make a sex video, and then we have another female character drugging another male character to take compromising photos. Every character who comes into the show has a horribly shady past, going so far as murder perhaps in some of the latest story lines. People get murdered regularly, they get people kidnapped and attacked, they drug people, stalk them, they break up and have incessantly ENDLESS conversations that go for episodes and episodes (broken up by other silliness in the episodes).

Is it any wonder so many people are getting out of this show recently? EJ's character murdered (oh, yet another murder!), Sami (let's face it, this actress can definitely do better!).

I don't know what the ratings are on this show but I am done with it because the latest story lines **SPOILERS** college boy in bed with his girlfriends mother who is the one who had him drugged to take compromising pictures to break him and her daughter up AND ALSO Theresa being pregnant and Kristin paying for her to disappear AND the whole reappearing Chad thing.

I can't watch this anymore, it's turned into a parody of a soap and I keep expecting Dustin Hoffman to rip off his wig and declare who he really is.

NBC, I'd really really rather watch Access Hollywood in this time slot again!

OK, changing initial review - which rarely happens!!!, 18 September 2014

My initial review was on the pilot and I said this has the makings of a decent show. It has a great cast, great location, limitless crime stories to take from real life and fictionalize.

I still stand by my "pilot episode" review in which I said it was irritating. I don't care if a cop has kids and a soon to be ex husband, that's fine. But the kids were so cartoony and cliché it was just painful to watch.

The characters in the police part are great, but NBC needs to either cut the kids part in the show to a bare minimum, or stop with the ridiculous behavior that they are trying to pretend people's kids get up to. I mean, everyone's kids are naughty at times, but these kids were so OTT I wanted to turn it off.

Well, since the initial pilot episode this show has improved weekly, to become a pretty strong police procedural type show. Debra Messing is a good actress and the rest of the cast has grown on me since the pretty poor first episode.

Maybe NBC has some people watch the first few episodes and give feedback as it seems the kids are featured much less, and that is how it should be - they are too young to be of any great use in the plots of a detective show anyway.

I'm going to see how this show goes for the rest of the season run - I have upped my rating to 7.

My only real peeve is PLEASE stop her from wearing the baseball cap backwards - I don't know when that became passé but for someone her age, it was a LONG LONG LONG time ago!

7 out of 10 - probably the most improved show from a pilot - doesn't usually work this way, usually they go more downhill!

So completely and utterly silly but entertaining!, 30 July 2014

I gave this movie a 6 because it was thoroughly entertaining, once you switched your brain off to how totally ludicrous it was.

There were moments where Ian Ziering should get nominated for SOMETHING simply for saying the lines and keeping a straight face.

There were sharks, lots of sharks, in places where you will never ever see a shark. Sharks in the streets, on stairwells, falling from the sky, swimming down NYC streets - yep it was completely silly.

But, I still enjoyed it because all of the actors did a fantastic job of B-movie acting - not a single one of them acted like they thought the premise was stupid, or the dialog corny as all hell, or some of the special effects unexpectedly dumb.

If you're going to make this kind of tongue in cheek type disaster movie, this is the way to do it.

Great fun, beyond belief, but an entertaining way to spend a late night couple of hours.

It's got to be seen to be believed - don't just listen to what your friends say about it - watch it, it makes every other cheesy movie pale by comparison!

Favorite part? Ian Ziering's "shark walk" - watch it and you'll see!

Blended (2014)
I went into this movie praying it wasn't like Grown Ups 2 AND it was NOT, it was funny!, 4 June 2014

I have to say I am an Adam Sandler fan and I really enjoyed this movie.

It really was on a par with Grown Ups (the first one!) and 50 First Dates and featured family friendly humor for the most part, and there were these guys who kept popping up and singing and that was hilarious to me too for some reason that some others might not get.

Humor is very subjective, so if you've never liked one of Sandler's movies you might not like this one.

Drew and Adam are a perfect pairing - the story features them both as single parents and they are struggling and many of us can relate to that. Factor in a horrible blind date and a set of circumstances that sees both of them and their families on vacation in South Africa and you've got some really funny, touching, cute and hilarious moments.

I have an 8 year old and it's suitable for her, any sexual innuendo type jokes go right over her head anyway.

This is a return to some A grade comedy from Sandler and is easily going to be in profit just from a couple of weeks of its USA release, so it's going to be a money maker overseas.

But again, if you have never liked an Adam Sandler movie then I really don't understand why you would bother to review this because it's likely you're going to hate this movie.

If you're on the fence because of Grown Ups 2, please reserve judgment and go see this movie - it's a cute date night movie because it's not so romantic that you'll be uncomfortable on a blind date yourself! I rated it 10 because I will buy it when it comes on DVD and no doubt watch it a few more times.

5 stars and a 10 rating from me!

Great movie for the under 10's and for Sophia Grace & Rosie fans!, 22 May 2014

My daughter is 7 and is responsible for the 10 rating on this movie.

Obviously it's not an Oscar winning movie, but it is on a par with the movies that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen used to do when they were young.

It's a cute story about the Ellen Show sending the 2 girls to an invented country to report on the coronation of a new queen being chosen from 3 princesses, one of whom is socially inept in almost every way. This is where the girls excel by helping the hapless princess to discover her true inner princess.

There are lots of cute songs, lots of genuinely cute moments as these adorable kids take over the whole movie.

If you have kids under 10, especially girls, they will likely have a lot of fun.

As a parent, I found it cute and not as annoying as some of the cheaper straight to video kids movies out there.

In all, I'd say definitely rent it, your kids will be giggling and you'll be dancing along with all the catchy songs.

And remember, it's aimed at under 10 year old girls really, so don't expect rocket science and if you really don't care for these 2 girls then avoid this one like the plague because they are in virtually every scene. (In my opinion they steal every scene with their totally lovable personalities!) As an adult I'd give this a solid 6/10, but as I said before, my 7 year old is the one I based my rating on and she said 10/10.

I can see a lot more movies for these girls, perhaps with a slightly better storyline!

Sorry, did not love this at all - very average fantasy movie., 16 December 2013

The basic story from the book is good - but it reads better in the book because you get to fill in the scenery and actors with whatever you want.

This movie had an average script, which was based fairly well on the book, but somehow came across as dull and lifeless. The fight scenes were a little fake - it was like I was watching actors doing a pre-rehearsed fight scene - which is exactly what I was watching, but in a good movie I don't think that. I think wow, I think ooh scary, and maybe I might think wow this CGI is amazing. In this movie I frequently found myself thinking, well, this is the worst fight scene ever, but then another would happen and I'd realize the first bad scene had friends.

The romance in this movie is completely unbelievable too - at no point was there ANY chemistry between the 2 main characters at all and yet I'm supposed to believe they have feelings for each other... really? I mean, really? There is a reason this movie hasn't even come close to making back it's estimated costs budget - it's because it just isn't that good.

If you don't really care if anyone lives or dies, then a movie and it's script and director have failed abysmally - and this movie failed to connect with most of its audience, save a very few.

it's over 2 hours long - use those 2 hours for something more fulfilling instead!

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]