jackrabbitslims-1

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Brilliant Adaptation, 3 November 2002

Before I read the novel Frankenstein, I thought about what I knew of the story. All I reallly knew was from those old monster movies and I thought of the story as silly. After reading the novel and falling in love with the actual story, it occured to me that the old movie Frankenstein was very different then the original novel. In Kenneth Branagh's adaptation he sticks close to the story I know and love. Robert De Niro is fantastic as the creature, good scary fun.

left me depressed and a bit dissapointed, 27 September 2002

ok it's been a while since i've seen this film, but i still believe that anyone who goes to see this will feel sad for seymour. anywho, the visuals were striking and very good direction. the ending was dissapointing in my opinion but my pulse was running.

Frailty (2001)
faith is a funny thing, 24 September 2002

this movie is pretty cool because everything is justified and you do not find yourself hating the characters. I do not know how i can explain this without spoilers (which I do not like because whenever you see a review with SPOILERS written on it you are tempted to read it) but the characters are very well structured, I commened Paxton on his directorial debut.

Dick Tracy (1990)
too sugary, 3 August 2002

while watching this movie you have to understand that Batman had come out the year before and was a huge smash. The problem is though, is that the villain's aren't believeable (what's with that makeup?) and also the backgrounds are all cartoon. It's a nice little fun ride but it just doesn't have the full effect of the dark knight.

my second favorite soccer film, 30 July 2002

for those that are fans of Guy Ritchie's films, this movie is fun to watch to see the actors come together in these roles. jason statham is a gem and should be put in more roles, for he truly is psychotic in this great but brief role.

Swept Away (1974)
interesting, 30 July 2002

pretty chill italian flick, it shows the drastic changes of 2 people when there is a change of environment, I never would of expected such graphic scenes by a female filmmaker. you'll have to see it to see what i mean

so dark and disturbing... and Hilarious too!, 30 July 2002

wow what a comedy. this movie is pretty compelling and it gets pretty dark, my god the only grudge i hold against it is that it's too short, there should have been 3 segments but then again what the hell am i talking about this movie is so pure evil, but in a good way.

It's a dubbed Seven Samurai in color!, 30 July 2002

yes it's true, this is exactly what this movie is, it's not neccesarily a bad thing, but if you look at it, the sets look exactly the same and watching this film will make viewers of the kurosawa classic go deja vu. McQueen is so cool

best hostage situation film ever made, 23 July 2002

now i know that's not saying much, considering the only other ones of that genre that come to mind are The Negotiator and Airheads both of which are pretty good. Bottom Line: this movie is superb, acting is excellent, it is a spicy meatball, kind of a drag ending though.

Amélie (2001)
I think i'm in love, 23 July 2002

with amelie of course. god this movie will bend your mind a little, it entrances you with all it's quirky characters and interesting subplots, it's a nice tune to dance to. If your prejudice against foreign films cause your too lazy to read to enjoy a film well im sorry then you'll just have to miss out on this one. "the fool looks at the finger that points at the sky"

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]