Troy2Slick

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

I haven't laughed this hard in quite a long time...., 9 June 2008

The critics are out in full force and tearing this movie a new one. I can understand some of the criticism, it's a brainless comedy chop full of cliché jokes, stereotypes, crude toilet humor, so it's to be expected that it's going to receive a lot of negativity.

With that said, that's exactly why I loved this movie so much. I'm a movie buff, have over 2,000 DVDs in my collection. I love virtually every movie genre there is. So, I knew full well what I was getting myself into before I paid my ten dollars and a Coke the size of Zohan's crotch.

What I loved about this movie so much, was that the jokes never stopped coming. I've watched all of Sandlers movies, many of them have long breaks of nothing much to get in stitches about. Sandler is the type of actor that I look to for this sort of humor. When you're having a bad day and want to watch a brainless, popcorn flick that will most likely have you cracking up virtually the entire movie, then I suggest you see this movie as soon as possible.

This is another reason why I love Sandler so much. He's not afraid to push the envelope to garner a laugh. He knows he's capable of doing a more serious role and have success. I know how good he was in Punch-Drunk Love and Reign Over Me, but he's very versatile and I can't complain about an actor with that quality.

I gave this a 7 out of 10, I'm not afraid to admit that I liked the Zohan.., and I certainly wouldn't mess with him!

Very eerie, very disturbing, very nightmare-ish and very entertaining!, 17 June 2003

I absolutely loved this movie. I have always loved to watch a good flick that puts my brain to the test. Maybe the film isn't suppose to make much sense, but that's what I love about it. You have to try and analyze it and make your own theories about what just took place. This movie isn't for a lot of people and I mean a lot. You have to like movies like Mulholland Drive, Memento, The Man Who Wasn't There, etc.. to even begin to like this one. I'm not necessarily a big David Lynch fan, but this movie rocked big time.

One of the most eery parts of the film is when (Bill Pullman) is making love to his wife (Patricia Arquette) and her face turns into the mystery man (Robert Blake). A very freaky looking individual, indeed. In my eyes, he represents the devil. But, that's my take on it.

Another great scene is when Pete is making love to Patricia Arquette in the Desert. The lighting, music, camera angles, emotions and everything is just one of the best pieces of cinemtography I've ever seen in my life.

My recommendation is this: If you liked Mulholland Drive, Memento, Pulp Fiction, Fargo, The Man Who Wasn't There, Blue Velvet, then this movie is your cup of tea. If not, don't waste your time, cause you'll hate it, more than likely. 3 1/2 *'s out of 4 *'s.

A very fun movie!, 30 July 2002

I remember watching this when I was 8 years old. It was all that and then some. When you are a kid, anything amazes you though, I guess.

However, I recently had the chance to watch this flick again. I must say, that it still has it's redeeming value to it.

If you ask me, Number 5, is STILL alive! I recommend this movie to anyone. 7 out of 10.

The Call (2013/II)
This is one "Call" definitely worth answering..., 17 March 2013

It's been quite awhile since I've reviewed a movie, but this one warranted one.

I had seen the previews for this movie left and right over the past few weeks and it did a sufficient job of pulling me in, so I decided to go to to the theatre and check it out. I didn't have too many expectations going in, but were they definitely fulfilled and then some.

This movie has an old-school vibe and feel to it. It doesn't rely on heavy CGI to get it's point across. In fact, it has a very meagre budget, but it doesn't show or feel that way one single bit. I was on the edge of my seat for much of the film. The tension was top notch, the tones were absolutely spot on, the close-ups of the actors and actresses faces showed their true nervousness, stresses and worked effectively.

The story is over the top, but the acting is very good. It's been awhile since I've seen Halle Berry in a film where I deemed her performance to be honest and believable until this one.

Some people may not like some of the camera work during the "cruel" scenes, but I happen to like it.

There were a few unintentionally funny scenes, but I chalk it up to dark comedic moments and it isn't detrimental one bit.

I highly recommend you check this movie out if you love a top notch, edge of your seat, over the top plot, well acted thriller. You will most likely not be disappointed.

9 out of 10 stars, easily!

Garfield (2004)
Garfield is as fat as ever..., 19 November 2004

I think that this movie accomplished what it set out to do. I don't know why so many people are hard against it. I think it's a very cute movie, beings that I grew up reading Garfield comic strips and watching Garfield and friends. I'm 26 and still am a kid at heart, what can I say, I love cutesy little movies such as this. It won't win any awards or anything, but I think it's great for the kiddies out there, or adults who still have a kid in them. I rate this move about a 6 out of 10. Not too shabby. If you're expecting a movie the calibur of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, them maybe this movie isn't for you. It's mainly for children or fans of Garfield. Rest in peace, Lorenzo Music, you will be missed and your voice matched perfectly for the loving fat orange cat we've all grown to love.

Enchanted (2007)
Amy Adams Is Definitely Enchanting!, 30 December 2007

I went into this movie not knowing what to expect. I read the plot and was a bit intrigued as to how they were going to pull it off. Of course Disney always has a way of bringing charm and smiles to the big screen and this time was definitely no exception either.

I'm not a big fan of musicals, but this did win my heart over from the get go. We start of with old school Disney animation. Come to think of it, I had forgotten what a regular animated feature looked like that didn't include CGI, it seems like it's been so long since we've seen that. In any event, fast forward about ten minutes and you have Amy Adams propelled into a real life world in New York, a far cry from her fantasy world.

Amy Adams brings a lot of charm, energy and cartoonish mannerisms to the real life character. The acting is brilliant and she is definitely a delight to look at. She is very funny in the opening half an hour and some change into the movie. Not only that, but she has a very nice singing voice and I felt like jumping out of my chair and singing along with her.

Fast forward to the end, as I don't want to give anything major away... I've never seen so many people applaud during a movie in all of my life. I've been to hundreds of movies in my thirty years on this earth and the crowd absolutely ate it all up like a big steak dinner. When the chipmunk was playing charades, a boisterous round of applause came to fruition. When the credits finally rolled, after many oohs, ahhs, bursts of laughter and genuine smiles, many of the audience clapped, it was quite a movie experience for the holidays, one I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

If you want an enchanting evening, I suggest you take your loved one, if you have children, take them as well, because as a huge movie buff, I promise you do NOT want to miss this one. Go see it at all costs... ON THE BIG SCREEN!!! 10 out of 10, anything less would be an insult.

Pleasantly Surprised..., 16 March 2003

Say what you will about this movie, but it pleasantly surprised me. Sure, it has millions of cliches and isn't very original, but it was a good movie, in my opinion. Ja Rule and Seagal worked well together. There was actually some emotions in a Seagal movie, that shocked me by surprise. Pretty good action sequences and lots of gunfire and explosives, what more can you expect out of an action film. Don't believe all the negative reviews until you've seen it. You will either love it or hate it, but at least give it a view before you knock it. 7 out of 10 stars for me.

Highly enjoyable Stallone flick..., 12 November 2003

I've read numerous reviews on this movie and am surprised by what I saw. How can you not like this movie? It's classic Stallone at his best. It's touching, has good acting and is great. If you want to see Stallone in his very most underrated movie of his career, then watch this one. I love this movie! 4 *'s out of 4 *'s!!!

What?, 30 July 2002

It's on the top 250 movies of all time?

That makes me want to hurl chunks the size of Texas! Who in their right mind actually thought this movie was great? True, it is original, but that doesn't mean it's entertaining. It bored me to death. If you want to watch a movie that LIVES UP to it's HIGH rating, then check out the Shawshank Redemption.

One of the greatest movies of all time.

However, this one isn't. I'd rate this one a harsh -10 if I could, so I had to stick with 1.

Cocoon (1985)
A feel good movie!, 30 July 2002

This is one of those movies that just makes you feel good to be alive!

It deals with the issues of aging, dying, dealing with a loss to loved ones. Don Ameche, Wilford Brimley, Hume Cronyn, Jessica Tandy, and many more, bring this film alive!

In the question of our we alone, is frankly answered in this movie. When aging friends decide to break into a house, for a friendly swim in the swimming pool, they get more than they bargain for. It turns out that the pool contains something that their bodies can't resist. Something that turns back the hands of time.

I'd continue more onto the plot, but I suggest that you read up some more on this title and check it out for yourself.

It contains great acting, comedy, drama, and hell, even some romance!

A feel good movie for anyone of all ages. I recommend this as a must see. 8 out of 10!

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]