pweck

Inception (2010)
Inception is a spectacular masterpiece! A Must See, 10 February 2011

When I first saw the trailers for Inception, I was very excited about a movie not based on yet another super hero! The previews had me impatient to see this new thriller, and when it opened, I was there the first night.

At first, it took a little bit of "brain-work" to get it all, but as the movie progressed, I was more and more in awe of this original and compelling work. I am always excited to see something that makes me work at appreciation, if you know what I mean. When you see it, you need to go in with an open mind.

While there were some similarities to the Matrix, it was easy to dismiss. With all the extraordinary special effects, Inception is clearly very original in its own right.

While I have never been a huge fan on Leonardo, I must say that he did a great job and had a very supportive cast that kept me entertained 2 hour plus adventure.

If you are worried you will not understand it, or get it, and have heard others mention how lost they were, take it from me - go see it for yourself or get it on DVD and see one of the most original movies in recent memory.

Machete (2010)
Another great flick from Robert Rodriguez, 10 February 2011

When I started to watch this movie, I thought I was going to be disappointed. Then I remembered that the style of the Grindhouse series and quickly knew I was going to be in for a treat.

The combination of action, violence and humor make this movie a great choice. The humor is almost slapstick in nature and fits quite well into the movie.

The choices for actors was also great. Getting to see the return of some past stars, like Don Johnson in a role as a bad guy, made the movie even more interesting.

If you can stomach the violence (an insider joke) you will surely enjoy the movie from start to finish.