ja_kitty_71

Page 1 of 42:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

An awesome new supernatural anime to watch, 17 September 2017

I'm always on the look-out for new supernatural anime to watch or manga to read. Then I had come across pictures for this series was curious about it. I had come across the original manga and I thought it was really awesome; I had read up to volume seven. Of course I think both manga and anime series are awesome too.

It has been a long while since I had finished Season One on Netflix, but all I could remember is this: Raised by a priest exorcist named Shiro Fujimoto, Rin and Yukio Okumura are twin brothers living in a monastery. But during a demonic attack and Fujimoto possessed by Satan himself before his death, Rin learns that he and his brother are in fact Satan's half-blooded sons. Fueled by vengeance, Rin decides to become an exorcist himself to defeat Satan, so he enrolls in a cram school along with other would-be exorcists and Yukio as their professor.

You know I'd started to hate Izumo Kamiki for being a total b***h. I had thought her only friend Noriko Paku left cram school for just not keeping up, but also she the disappointment she has for Izumo for making a fool out of Shiemi, when she only wanted their friendship.

All in all, I love every bit of this awesome TV series, and that's my last word.

An awesome sci-fi anime series by Captain Harlock's Leiji Matsumoto, 9 September 2017

Here is an awesome sci-fi anime series I love by the creator of "Space Pirate Captain Harlock" - Leiji Matsumoto. I was really whether this series is a spin-off of a story Leiji worked on for a manga called "Galaxy Express 999," which has been adapted into an animated series by Toei Animation in 1979. Of course after questioning, I know now that this series has no direct relation with Galaxy Express, except for the very same trains that can travel the far reaches of outer space.

The series' story as I could remember centers around Manbu Yuuki and the many trials he faces when he enlists in the S.D.F (or the Space Defence Force) just like his father and older brother before him. Then the story leads to a climatic battle with invaders from a parallel universe. Overall I would say this series is an awesome from a sci-fi genius like Leiji Matsumoto. With superb animation and awesome sci-fi action.

Favorite movie based on Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel, 4 May 2017

You know, it really baffles me when people review a movie because they had read the original book and say it doesn't live up to the book. This is a movie review and NOT a book to movie comparison review. I think some people would want to know about this movie's existence and not how well it was scripted from the book. Of course, I really enjoyed this movie based on Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel after watching it on YouTube through my smart TV. But since I had never seen the 1926 and the 1995 version, this film from 1934 is the only version of the novel I now love. And also I think Disney fans would love to see this film, because Hardie Albright (Arthur Dimmsdale) was Bambi's adolescent voice.

I thought Pearl (in this film) was a cute kid, and it was sad the other kids won't play with her because they are "mini-versions" of their parents, including one punk-a** kid who takes after his battle-axe mom. As for the comedy between two original characters that everyone bashes about, I found it to be a "breath of fresh air" to a somber (yet beautifully told) story. Overall I really love this film; that is my last words.

Favorite Fox and Crow cartoon, 23 February 2017

This is the first Fox & Crow cartoon I had ever reviewed. I have had watched this cartoon series from Columbia Pictures on YouTube, and I'm starting to like those two guys as a fox-lover. This short has to be my favorite and it shows nice character study between the refined, fastidious fox and the loud, obnoxious, rough-neck "New-Yorkese" crow.

I thought the part where Crow shooting a toy Japanese warship with a real pistol in the bath and the "rapids ride" down the stairs, when the bath water was drain by the holes the gun made was a little funny. I like this cartoon because I would act out lines from it, and I would make those lines a little more funny. Overall, my last word is that it's a really good short, and I still think there should a DVD with all of the Fox & Crow cartoons.

Pepe le Pew's Casbah, 15 February 2017

"The Cat's Bah" is another cartoon favorite starring Pepe le Pew after watching the 1938 movie "Algiers," which gave some inspiration for Pepe's character. Also I had wondered what the Casbah is in the phrase "Come with me to the Casbah."

This cartoon is basically Pepe being interview about "the greatest love" of his life, and as his story unfolds we see him meet Penelope Pussycat as a pet of an American tourist; then white paint splats on her back from a ship painter's brush. This cartoon was also the first one in which Penelope's name was mention, and was officially given the name ever since.

As I had said before: I do not have one particular scene I like because I love this cartoon from beginning to end.

A funny Western starring Tweety, 14 February 2017

Here is another cartoon favorite starring Tweety, one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters too. I kind of like the idea of the Native American cats riding on bigger cats with mustang patterns like their human/horse counterparts. Mind you that this cartoon has a stereotypical depiction of Native American indians, but this cartoon is still a funny western to me.

I thought the other cats look like relatives of Sylvester because of their colors and since he's one of the "tribe" of cats trying to get Tweety. I don't have one particular scene that I like because I love this cartoon from beginning to end.

Falcon tomfoolery in another Speedy Gonzales favorite, 8 February 2017

As I had said, I have found negativity towards the Speedy Gonzales cartoons that were made in the late 1960s', but I frankly enjoy them including this one. In this Speedy cartoon, Sylvester doesn't want to lose face as a mouse-catcher, takes on falconry to catch the fastest mouse in all of Mexico. So that is all I have to say about the story - spoilers you know.

I thought the animation of Sylvester getting peck by Malcolm the falcon is really funny. I don't care if the rest of the animation is shoddy like most Looney Tunes fans think, but it's the story is what I love about this cartoon. So anyway, I thought this cartoon is another Speedy Gonzales favorite.

Another favorite Noveltoon with rhyming you would find in a children's book, 7 February 2017

Here is another "Noveltoon" I love after I had found it and watched it on YouTube. To me, it is like an adapt of a children's book version of the story of George Washington and the Cherry tree. The reason I had said "a children's book version," is because of the rhyming in this cartoon is like the rhyming you would find in books like Madeline and ones by Dr. Seuss.

I know you might hear this from me, but I thought the little animals and blue birds are really cute! And I say this a few times too, but I have nothing else to say about this cartoon, other than the animation is perfect. So anyway, this cartoon is another favorite Noveltoon.

Another instant anime favorite with stunning animation, 5 February 2017

Here is another instant anime favorite. As I had said, I am always on the look-out for new anime to watch and manga to read. So I had come across this violent and..."ecchi" manga (which I didn't know had that kind of content), and I thought it was really great. I had read all of the 3 translated volumes, and now it's one of my favorite manga series; I'm really into witches . I was really surprised that an anime adaptation of the manga had been made, so I had watched it online and love it.

The story is set during The Hundred Years' War, where a young French witch name Maria, who some unknown reasons despise the fighting and uses her illusions and familiars to intervene during battles. But as a powerful witch, news of her magic became known in Heaven and the Archangel Michael came to Maria. He warns her not to use magic publicly and say if she loses her virginity, her powers would be lost. To make sure Maria would not interfere, Michael send a young female angel Ezekiel to oversee that. I didn't know why the she was named "Ezekiel;" isn't it a male name?

So anyway, that is all I have to say about this anime series folks, and I love it for its story and stunning animation

Tweet Zoo (1957)
Looney Tunes' bird-and-cat duo at the Zoo, 3 February 2017

Tweety & Sylvester are one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters. This is also the first Tweety & Sylvester cartoon I had ever reviewed, and this cartoon is one of my favorites from the bird-and-cat duo. Another reason I love this cartoon is because I love the zoo, and in this cartoon Tweety is a zoo bird, until Sylvester opened the door to his cage and chases him.

I love the design on the zoo animals and Sylvester's fearful jabbering before: "Alligators!" that was really funny. Another line I love is Tweety's: "Ooh! You're a glutton, Mr. Elephant!" after being sucked up by the elephant's trunk, and spitted out. I know I say this a few times, but I'm sorry to said that I have nothing else to say about this cartoon other than the animation is perfect, and I thought it's another favorite.

Page 1 of 42:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]