nickilancaster

Only OK., 12 November 2008

Well i was looking forward to watching this film and i was let down i have to say. The actual idea for the film is a good one but unfortunately it didn't really work as the acting was very bad and also the script was terrible. Right from the start you cant tell its going to be bad with the crap scally accents and the obvious stereotypes for each character. It could have been made so much better with more talented actors and a better script but sadly all this film seemed to be was lets see how many drugs, sex and swear words we can put in to make it interesting but it just wansn't. However it did get a little better about an hour into it when they all started getting killed off. The reason why i gave it 6 out of 10 as it was satisfying when the annoying scally guys got killed, i would have done the same if i was one of those girls. Anyway it just goes to show, scally easy girls don't get on a boat with total strangers and start taking drugs, its not going to end good. OK to watch if your bored and its on t.v, i wouldn't pay to watch it.

Hack! (2007)
Boring, 8 September 2008

Me and my partner rented Hack thinking that it would be quite a good/gory horror film but i was very disappointed. I should know better by now not to rent low budget straight to DVD horror films as they are never great. First of all the acting was terrible, i could have done a better job myself and i mean it was really bad, i don't know where these "actors" came from. The dialogue was very poor too and you could just tell it was very low budget and not a lot of thought had really gone into it, well thats what it seemed like to me. The only one good thing about this movie was that there was a twist towards the end and i didn't see it coming so thats why i gave it 4 out of 10, i thought that it was clever but thats it. The characters were not well developed at all and you couldn't care less really if they did end up being chopped up with a chainsaw or whatever cause they were just so bad. I have to say though, it was a very good idea for a horror film but it just didn't seem to work, between the bad acting and the script it failed which is a shame because it could have been so much better. I would say watch it if you have nothing better to do if its on Sky or something but don't buy it, it would be a waste of money.

An excellent scary film!, 5 September 2008

Well i have to say, what a film! I really do not scare easy at all and i love the Saw films etc, (give me gore anyday) but this really made me jump. I had to put my hands in front of my face cause i just couldn't bare to watch some parts. There are so many parts in this film that made the whole audience jump and let out a few screams and the masks on their faces were so freaky! The story is a really good one and i haven't seen a film like it. Yeah there are a few parts where you think what the f**k are you doing but thats the same in any horror/thriller film, the characters are always doing the opposite of what you think you would do. If your a fan of horror films or films that scare you this is well worth a watch. The fact that this really could happen makes it even more scary and you think what the hell would you do in a situation like that, it was just so scary thinking about it. Also what i thought was a good idea was that you never saw their faces and you never get a real reason why they are doing it which makes the film very creepy indeed. A good 8/10.

Not bad at all, very enjoyable., 14 August 2008

Having been a fan of The Mummy an The Mummy Returns i was excited to hear that they were making a third. Having read some of the reviews on here first i was put off a little about going to watch it but i went and i have to say that i really enjoyed it. Yes its not as great as the first two, mainly because Maria Bello wasn't that great at taking on the role of Evelyn (i do prefer Rachel Weisz) but it wasn't as bad as people are making out. I don't think she got quite into the character but she did an OK job. I was so glad that John Hannah was back because i think that his performances in all 3 make them, his character is so funny and i think he was far the best actor in the third film. The story was the usual but it works and i liked it, the cinema was quite full and there were lots of laughs and i got the feeling that everyone enjoyed the film. I really cant understand why people are slating this film so much, if you are a fan of the first two films you will be sure to like this one. A good 7/10, well worth a watch.

Fantastic!, 29 May 2008

I have to say that I'm a very big fan of Sex and the City and had high hopes for this film and i wasn't disappointed, i loved it. This is definitely one of the best films this year, and anyone who enjoyed the series will love it. Right from the opening i was hooked and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. There are so many laugh out loud moments and also a few gasps in anticipation of what is going to happen in certain situations. I cant put down in words how amazing this film was, the cinema was packed full and you could tell from the reactions from the audience that everyone loved it and was happy about the outcome. The acting was brilliant as always and the characters and their stories were well developed enough to last throughout the film. I have to say that I'm so happy that Carrie and Mr Big ended up getting married, and a sense of satisfaction came over you when the film was finished. It was very well written and the dialogue was fantastic. 10 out of 10.

Amazing!, 15 May 2008

What an amazing show, I love Sex and the City and have the box set. I can just put a series on and I'm entertained, it never gets all. I love all of the characters especially Samantha, i think she is fantastic and so funny. I enjoy watching the whole series over and over again. The story lines are fantastic and i love the relationship Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha have. Well worth watching, for both men and women, my boyfriend likes it too. It is a real insight into how women think about relationships and men and you will be sure to learn a thing or too about sex which is always a good thing. 10 out of 10. And i have to say that I'm so pleased that Carrie and Mr Big got together in the end, they are meant for each other.

Excellent! Very funny!, 28 April 2008

I saw the trailer for this film and thought it looked funny so when i went to see it i was hoping that i wouldn't be disappointed and i wasn't. Jason Segal is very talented to write such a funny film, i loved it. There was an amazing cast and Russell Brand was excellent, i loved his character and he played it so well, i just couldn't stop laughing at him. I was very impressed that he was so good and he looked gorgeous! There was so many laugh out loud moments that the cinema was not silent for too long before something else funny happened. Its not as good as Superbad but it is well worth a watch, you cant help but laugh and love this film. Very impressed and would definitely watch again.

21 (2008)
Excellent!, 10 April 2008

21, what an amazing film, i absolutely loved it. I thought it was fantastic, the whole story was so entertaining and gripping, i was left wondering what was going to happen next. The twists in this film were so good, i just couldn't wait to see how it all ended. Kevin Spacey and Jim Sturgess played their characters extremely well, i couldn't think of better actors to play them. Its not often that i watch a film that blows me away, i loved everything about it, and the scenes in Vegas were amazing, it really makes you want to go for yourself and live the lifestyle they all have. This film doesn't disappoint at all, i would recommend it to everyone who wants to see an amazing story done very well. 9/10.

Don't bother!, 18 February 2008

First of all I can't understand why this film has an overall rating of 7 when it's such rubbish .For one it takes a while to actually get going and when it does nothing much good happens anyway apart from a group of extremely annoying characters gets killed. I didn't like one of the characters, they were all so typical, a skinny blonde who has drug and body problems, teenage guys who wanna f*%k anything going and the quite innocent one who turns out to be a killer. This film is so bad, the story is pointless and the acting is quite appalling. There was only 6 people in the cinema watching this film and 2 of them walked out half way through and which is what I should have done but I thought I would stick it out to see if it got any better which it didn't. The ending just didn't make any sense; it gave no answers as to why Mandy Lane was the killer which I thought was annoying. I knew why Emmet was in on it, that was pretty obvious but why Mandy was on a killing spree? it gave no explanation. Don't bother wasting your time or money on this film, its boring and you really couldn't care less if all the characters die or not as they are so irritating and none of them can act apart from the guy who played Garth, he was the only one who wasn't too bad to watch. Total rubbish, it felt as though the film wasn't finished.

Superbad (2007)
Fantastically funny!, 28 January 2008

I was so excited to watch this film having seen the trailer for it and i have to say that i wasn't disappointed. The story may seem like a pointless one but its so funny, i loved it. There are so many laugh out loud moments, it really is one of the best teen comedies out there. The guy who plays Fogell or McLovin is fantastic, he really really plays the character well and i found him very funny but having said that all 3 of the boys played their characters well. If you are ever in the mood to be cheered up or just fancy a good old laugh then this is the film for you, im 22 and loved it. Very funny, and well written 9/10, well worth a watch if you like teen comedies.