165 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Resident Evil: Full of Life
5 September 2010
I am a huge fan of the video game series; I've played & completed every Resident Evil game there is and I have 100% trophies of Resident Evil 5.

I loved the previous Resident Evil movie trilogy although many fans were disappointed by them because it wasn't to close to the games and Alice is the main character who isn't in any game. The filmmakers can't please everyone when it comes to movies based on video games because if the movie is very similar to the game then people will say that "What is the point of the movie when it is just as same as the game?" but if it is very different then people will complain that it is not related to the game in any way, shape or form. What Paul W.S Anderson has done is created an original story and had the setting of the game in the first film & in this one as well. Which is the best thing to do and he has proved that he is a terrific writer & director, he may not be the best filmmaker ever but he does know how to make good movies based on games and he is one of my favourite directors. His two movies Mortal Kombat & Resident Evil are both the best video game adaptations to date.

The plot of Resident Evil: Afterlife is that it takes place after Extinction and Alice is continuing to look for survivors in world that has been infected by T-Virus that has turned into flesh eating zombies plus she wants to take revenge on Albert Wesker and this time she if fully prepared with her clones, telekinetic powers and awesome weapons. Fighting Wesker isn't an easy task because he is superhuman himself just like in Resident Evil 5. This instalment is very close to the games and particularly Resident Evil Code Veronica & Resident Evil 5. Those who have played the 2 games will get flashbacks while watching the movie.

This was the most anticipated film for me this year and it absolutely did not disappoint me at all. I loved every minute of it right from start to end. Resident Evil: Afterlife was relentlessly entertaining, exiting and a perfect popcorn movie at the cinema kind. The movie had a great blend of action, horror, sci-fi and thriller. This one had a much more post-apocalyptic look than in extinction and has amazing special & visual effects in just in a $60 million budget. The monsters were just like in Resident Evil 5, e.g. the zombies look like the majini's with their predator like mouth, the executioner and the dogs that split their heads open with teeth inside it. So it was fascinating to see that.

The cast was great, Milla needs no introduction & is fantastic just like always and she is improving in acting, stunts and she doesn't struggle to get the job done because she can do it. Shawn Roberts was a much better Albert Wesker than Jason O'Mara in Extinction.

Overall it's not an Oscar winning kind movie & it doesn't need to be. It's a movie for the fans not for critics so ignore their negative reviews but I had a really good time watching it since I am a fan and check it out if you're looking for an entertaining movie and it's a must see if you are a Resident Evil fan.
172 out of 345 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Piranha 3D (2010)
Blood, Guts, Teeth, & Naked flesh in Red Water in 3D...What more can you ask for?
20 August 2010
I really liked the original Piranha (1978) and the 1995 TV remake so I was really excited about the 2010 remake, particularly when I heard that it is in 3D and when I saw the trailer that makes you want to go see the movie. I have always loved underwater horror movies ever since I've seen the all time classic Jaws (1975).

The story is that there has been an underwater earthquake which has unleashed prehistoric piranhas. These piranhas were supposed to be extinct 2 million years ago but their habitat was 200 feet underground of the sea all along. The rest of the story is all about stupid teenagers who can't act and we don't care about trying to avoid turning into fish food. This kind of story is a much better idea because Piranhas are generally not that aggressive.

The movie was bashed even before it was released because most people thought it was a cheesy movie with bad CGI but I loved every minute of it because it was so entertaining; fun, very relentless and I had a really good time watching it.

Piranha 3D is not a masterpiece or is going to the Oscars (unless it is nominated for the best movie with flesh getting peeled off the bones) it is just a fun popcorn movie that has more than enough to keep you entertained.

If you are the kind of person that likes gore or nudity or both then check this movie out. Personally I enjoy gore and also if you liked Snakes on a Plane.

Overall Horror & Thriller are my favourite genders which Piranha is and after a long time there is an underwater horror movie that can be seen on the big screen since not every movie is the kind that can be viewed on the cinema.
52 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Inception (2010)
A good idea that wasn't planted well
19 August 2010
Christopher Nolan is one of my favourite directors and Memento & The Dark Knight are my favourite movies but for the first time I am disappointed with his movie Inception. The film is all about is all about stealing & planting ideas in people's mind by using their dreams.

The idea of the movie is good but the bad screenplay, 2.5 hours length that drags really badly, plot holes & unanswered questions & Cobb's annoying wife ruined the whole movie.

Inception is supposed to be a movie that requires multiple views to understand it like Memento but there is no way I will watch it again for the second time because it wasn't that confusing and it boring throughout. The dream sequences were not dreamlike and only the hotel dream looked cool. Cobb's wife was so annoying that I wanted to pull my arm out and constantly bash my head with it. There were so many unanswered questions like what year is the movie set in? Why does Cobb steal ideas and now he has to plant one? It was 2.5 hours long and they still couldn't explain anything.

Inception isn't even original it is ripped off from a Japanese animated movie called "Paprika" which was out in 2006.

I don't know why it is #3 on the IMDb top 250 it is not a visionary masterpiece or anything and it is only about 80% on rotten tomatoes and there are many great movies with 90+% on rotten tomatoes and they are not on the top 250 like Run Lola Run.

It is nothing but an over hyped movie and the film makers must of written that "Inception is good" on a piece of paper and planted it in people's mind although it's not.
16 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Avatar (2009)
Avatar is a masterpiece & a breakthrough in cinema
15 December 2009
It was Terminator in the 1980's and then Titanic in the '90s and it's definitely Avatar in the 2000s!!

James Cameron is my most favourite director and he has once again broken all boundaries and created a visual extravaganza.

Avatar is Cameron's latest magnum opus is probably one of the most anticipated movies since Titanic and now it seems that the visionary director has indeed created a film that'll revolutionise the world of cinema.

The movie is set in the year 2154 and is about a man called Jake who can't walk and he is selected in the Avatar program where he has to go to Pandora jungle which is not a planet but it is one of the three giant gasses that is about 4 light years away from earth. On Pandora there are life forms such as the navis that are about 10 feet tall have sparkly blue skin, big eyes and tails. The humans have genetically bred human-navi hybrids known as Avatars. Jake is able to walk but falls in love with a female navi and now he has to choose the side between humans or the navis.

The film was absolutely fascinating, interesting, entertaining and emotional. I loved the look on the Pandora jungle and it must be the best scenery in film history and the navis are definitely the best digital characters since Gollum from The Lord of the Rings. The special effects are so amazing that Pandora looks like a real location and you can mistake the navis as real characters. Avatar was almost 3 hours but it didn't seem that long.

Avatar already makes it on my top 5 favourite movies and I intend to see it again and I am already waiting for it to release on Blu Ray because I'm sure that it will be one of the best Blu Ray titles.
985 out of 1,930 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
2012 (I) (2009)
Finally a real apocalypse movie
13 December 2009
There have been many movies with end of the world story lines but there never was a movie made where we get to see the apocalypse happening properly but now we do with 2012. I was really disappointed with Ronald Emmerich's previous film 10,000BC but now he is back on track. The story is based on the Mayan calendar theory that the world will end in 21st December 2012.

Before I seen the movie I was wondering that how are they going to have a proper storyline for a 2.5 hour movie on just an end of the world topic but the movie revolved around many people such as a failed writer with family, the president and a geologist which made a really good 2.5 hour film & I loved the suspense that was building up towards the apocalypse. The best scene was the destruction at California. There were some comical scenes such that were really funny like the Indian man at the start said "that felt so good" and the chicken that was about to get headed also they did not ruin the movie because 2012 is meant to be a serious film.

Overall 2012 was a really interesting, entertaining, funny, emotional and a blockbuster movie. The only reason why anyone would hate it would be because it's that good.
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This Is It (2009)
A fantastic tribute to the legend that will always live on in our hearts.
11 November 2009
I truly love Michael Jackson ever since the first time I heard about him. He is the greatest singer, dancer, music composer, song writer, actor, entertainer and person the world has ever known. He is recognised as the King of Pop but that title is so limited for him because he is much, much more than that.

When I heard about his death I was about to faint and I felt sick, then I spent about five hours watching his music videos and I couldn't sleep all night. I never seen Michael Jackson perform live so I really wanted to see him at the O2 arena in London but sadly that cannot happen and now this movie is here so we can see him on the big screen.

I was really looking forward to this movie and counting the days remaining towards the release date when it was announced. This is the only movie I got the advanced tickets otherwise I always get the tickets on the day I see the movie. I usually get popcorn and juice at the movies but not for this one because I just wanted to focus on him.

Anyway This is it is really it. The movie was fantastic, amazing, heartfelt, emotional, colourful, glossy, and a visual treat. The director Kenny Ortega has done a really good job with the movie because there were about a hundred hours of footage of the rehearsals and he picked the out the best ones and compiled them in the right order creating a really good screenplay and the way the This is it concert would've been.

It is really hard to pick out the best bits because it was brilliant right from the very first second to the last. During the Human Nature song my heart was flying and I loved the new segments of Thriller and Earth Song.

I also felt really sad while watching this film because they are Michael's last days mainly the They Don't Care About Us song which was shot two days before his death. At the end of every song I starting applauding in the cinema and everyone else started to cheer as well. Although I never applauded in the cinema before.

Overall anything related to Michael Jackson is always great whether it is songs, music videos, interviews or even movies. If there is anything Michael can not do is make anything awful. I only his music and no one else's. Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStroy, Blood On The Dance Floor and Invincible are my all time most favourite albums.

Michael Jackson may not be with us anymore but his legacy will live on forever and he still is and always will be the King of Kings. Michael Jackson I want to say "Thank You!" not "Goodbye".
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
G I Joe: Rise of an entertaining and rocking movie
10 November 2009
G I Joe: Rise of Cobra is not a masterpiece or is going to the Oscars or anything like that. It is just a fun popcorn movie that has more than enough to keep you entertained.

I was really looking forward to this movie when the first time heard about it because it is directed by Stephen Sommers and I really like his style of film making. Not every single movie is worthy to watch on the big screen but his films are such as The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Van Helsing and now G I Joe: Rise of Cobra.

The movie was absolutely awesome, it had amazing action, advanced technology, brilliant costumes, hundreds of vehicle explosions, reasonable storyline and twist & turns.

My most favourite parts are the chase scene in Paris & the test of the nano technology on the Eiffel tower not just because it had the most action but also because it was very well directed and the cameras were absolutely still so you can see what's happening and I loved it.

Overall there is nothing more you can ask from a movie like this and I intend to get it on blu ray.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Transforms into nothing but boredom
9 November 2009
Yikes what happened to Michael Bay after he made the first enjoyable flick. I was forward to this one so I seen it on the IMAX and I hated it right from start to end. There was absolutely no story and so painfully boring throughout. The movie had so many ridiculous jokes (mostly sexual) that were not even a jot funny and they actually embarrass you.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen tried its level best to be as entertaining as possible but it actually had the opposite effect. Anyone who has liked this torture device should go see a doctor.

This is probably the second movie after The Dark Knight with IMAX scenes and even those scenes were awful, they were not well made and were merged to normal scenes. So there was an IMAX scene for a few seconds then a normal scene then IMAX until it drives you mad. The Dark Knight had amazing IMAX scenes. Anyway after I seen this stupid movie I had a headache for about a few hours. Overall it is the biggest let-down of the year after Spider Man 3.
6 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Salvation of the franchise
1 November 2009
Terminator Salvation has saved the franchise. The first two terminator films are my all time favourites but the third one was not needed so a reboot was a much better idea than making Terminator 4.

Terminator Salvation is a beginning of a new trilogy and we finally get to see the war between the machines and the humans lead by John Connor instead of another time travel concept.

The movie was really interesting & entertaining right from the beginning to the end with a lot of soul about John Connor a prophet who is mankind's only hope for survival in a post-apocalyptic world.

We also get to see new machines instead of just the T-800s and they were a lot more darker & sinister looking than the ones in the previous films. Christian Bale's performance was amazing and McG who is not a well known director has done a really good job with a high budget summer movie.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Watchmen (2009)
So far the best movie to watch this year
5 March 2009
2008 was a great year for comic book movies but this year isn't looking to good. Watchmen is probably the most anticipated comic book movie of the year which lived to its expectation. I'm into the DC comics and there aren't many films based on the DC universe and Watchmen is added into the list which is why this is one of the most awaited films of the year for me.

The story is set in an alternate 1985 America where tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union are high and the "Doomsday Clock" is set at five minutes to midnight, former superhero turned vigilante Rorschach discovers that one of his former colleagues has been murdered. As he investigates the murder he uncovers a plot that is intent on killing and discrediting all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with members of his former crime-fighting legion, including Nite Owl II, Silk Spectre II and Dr. Manhattan, they uncover a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy that not only links to their shared past but has catastrophic consequences for the future.

Watchmen is such an amazing film that is entertaining and exciting throughout, the story is really appealing and is assembled with glossy professionalism. I really like Zack Snyder's style of film making it is visionary and has lots of slow motions. The slow motion scenes may be annoying for some people but not for me because I think that it makes the scene very effective. The cinematography was excellent and you can see every penny spent from the $120 million budget.

Overall Watchmen doe's have something for most people to enjoy and I really intend to watch the movie again on the IMAX because I know that it will be like a dream world in that experience.
33 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this