46 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Unfunny, Bad Acting, Template Pap
1 May 2014
First, saw it free which was the only saving grace about this movie. I thought it was going to be funny based on the reviews. What I failed to consider was the aptitude of the reviewers! The theater was primarily women that giggled at every stupid nuisance and sounded like the canned laughter from Lavern and Shirley...I think you get my drift. Upton can not act in any form. She danced liked she did in high school and maybe that was the extent of her acting. I suggest, if she does another movie, perhaps she should audition for the remake of a remake of "The Fifty Foot Woman" because that should be a big broad, with an overrated big body, with guys hips, just like Upton has. And the rest of this ridiculous movie was just that, ridiculous! I suggest you go see anything else instead of seeing this. Save your money! If you get in free as I do, then catch a nap. You'll be much,much better off!
7 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Pap-Rubbish. Pure, Inane Garbage!
14 June 2013
Walked out on this garbage. Had no idea real people would stoop this low. Teenybopper, filthy humor that wasn't funny except for the derelicts in the audience. Ridiculous plot, written by those who have no concept of a life here after or what the scriptures say. I'm not caring about anything biblical, this movie was just pure inane pap. I only wish I would've got up and left sooner. I left about the time the devil was banging the short, fat actor. I was offended. I didn't laugh. And if I can save just one person from wasting money on this waste of celluloid, it will have been a very worthy undertaking...that and hoping my '1' score will help drop the '8.1' down lower because I swear, this is not higher than a '2'. Promise! (I just wish too, I hadn't paid for this waste, it wasn't at where I do get in free.)
21 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Spring Reunion Sprung a Leak_And Sunk
7 March 2013
There's a reason there is only 4 or 5 reviews of this odd, stupid movie. It's because it's odd and stupid! Is this movie the actual cause of Dana Andrews and Betty Hutton's untimely deaths? I think it could be. This movie was too anal to even know where to begin how useless and worthless it was! Oh, I so pity the people who went the movies in the 50's to see this rot on screen, paying good money to see it. Let's hope the popcorn was good, right. Or at least, they found romance at the movie. Very bad movie. Senseless. Infantile. That is all. It was so bad, having just watched it on TCM, even Robert Osborne didn't say a word about it when it ended! BTW, my wife just said, "How can anyone review a movie from 1941! and Don't you have anything better to do?" LOL. Well, I suppose I could watch the Jodi Arias trial with her, but I already bet her $50.00 that Arias is going to walk! Why? Because any one idiot on a jury, in our diverse walks of life, can hold our justice system hostage and vote her innocent and because we unfaily require a unanimous decision, she is guaranteed to be freed. (It should be majority to find guilty and unanimous for the death penalty or otherwise, life in prison. That is all :~)
0 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cash Cow Revisited: Lord Oh Rings 4
16 December 2012
What do you get when you have a ton of little gimps running about, always going somewhere and not really ever arriving? Lord of the Rings Four! Oh, and you can bet after an opening weekend of $84 million, there will be plenty more! What's the attraction? I was bored to tears with the first misguided attempts to put the books to screen. All I could see was this...journey. To somewhere. These movies draw an audience, with about a 5th grade intellect and others who are just hungry for any screen entertainment whatsoever or are film enthusiasts like me: They like a dark room away from it all just to enjoy some fresh popcorn (theater yellow salt, no butter.)
2 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Samo Samo_NBAR!
5 July 2012
Nothing But a Remake - NBAR! Maybe it was just me, but since the First Spider Man was still modern; still relevant, on the heels of Toby Macguire and Cliff Robertson, WHY did we have to make the same ol thing over again? What: To see if there was an upside down kiss? C'mon! I expected more. The spoilers are...wait! Only everything you saw in the last one! That's all. The kid gets bit on the back by a spider, albeit digital one; Kid meets girl - falls for girl; Uncle gets shot dead; etc., etc. Couldn't they come up with some creative ideas, enough to write a new flippin' story? Like after several Batman movies, we were treated and rewarded with "Batman Begins"! as a great example. This spider movie version, because of the disappointment of watching the same old plot lines, makes this nothing but a quick spin, with a few new faces and a few changes with story and villain -- this ends up being nothing but a 'cash cow' for the production executives and all y'all have fallen right into their trap. Yes, true. Me too...except I got in free.
13 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Rock of Ages (2012)
It's Fun. It's a Musical. It's Rock & Roll!
17 June 2012
Consider the musical "Across the Universe" and how Beatles songs and lyrics were used to build a premise embedded in a love story. "Rock of Ages" takes a similar story line and take some of our most enduring rock songs from the age of vintage rock & roll; rock anthems we know and love to tell us a fun for all frolic of a by gone era. Some of the songs that I didn't really like -- most I did mind you -- add to the story being told and suddenly didn't seem as distasteful as they were when I actually heard them on the radio. Indeed, for the first time, some of the lyrics actually seemed to make sense. I liked it. Cruise takes a dare and succeeds! He could've decided the part was beneath him, after remaking his brand in the last 'MI'. While Julia Hough needs to work on line delivery, the rest of the cast successfully just 'roll with it'. It's predictable and that's okay because it was never meant to be anything more than it is. Just enjoy - don't think. 'Ages' is a fun salute of our rock experiences with some of our trademark rock and roll songs that shaped our upbringing and lives. 'Ages' will settle in over time as a music testament of our coming of age past, our soul and salute to our rocking past. Go see it! Sit back and enjoy!
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
LAME Games
25 March 2012
Teeny bopper haven! Take an idea, dumb it down for teens, include inane plot points and wha laa - you have all the ingredients for a teeny run on the movies. Hunger takes an interesting idea and it isn't long after the whistle sounds, with multiple kids getting killed right out of the starting block, they start banding together in an extremely inexplicable plot point - since all have to die but one - so why are they all buddy-buddying up to the bully of them all? WHY didn't the screenwriters have a bit of originality and having the weakest of those take out the big favorite and thereby create a great twist to the plot? Where was the fear of them losing their own lives around that small group banned together trying to take out Katniss? Just bad. And how do they keep changing the rules nearing the end, when the rules presumably had been the same, as they were instructed in the beginning -- for the past 74-freaken years! They grouped up together reminiscent to the 'Lord of the Flys'. This is an extremely ho-hum plot that will appeal to the high school kids who now will be caught up in the euphoria and the frenzy to see it twice, also picking up those more challenged, out-of-the-loop nerds and emo's from school who didn't go this weekend. I give it 4 out of the kindness of my heart and am so glad I saw it for free!
18 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Thousand Words (I) (2012)
Good Message_Destroyed in Lousy Movie Presentation
16 March 2012
Wow. So stupid. Blowing leaves 'out cho mouth'. Should've blown em' out his...well you get the push back here to such a stupid movie. Nothing wrong with the message - the importance of family really only thing that matters - over money and success, but so completely, painfully, ridiculously demonstrated in a non sensical plot idea and childish, unfunny Murphy-mannerisms that really pushes ones limits in not walking out on this...bad, and I mean pap-bad movie presentation. The ending makes the point about these important things of life, but getting there is about as painful of a movie watching experience that you'll suffer for quite some time. Note too, that I didn't resort to being too cruel here and completely sarcastic, like one might feel as revenge for watching this movie. This movie simply does not deliver.
20 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Jack and Jill (I) (2011)
Jacked to the Hilt! DON"T SEE!
11 November 2011
It literally is AWFUL. I don't know, I seem to always confuse Stiler with Sandler, when I don't see one of Sandler's movies for a long time, then pay dearly! I mean payment in waste of time, unfunny skits, fart jokes and generally Sandler doesn't get it. Yea, I know, he continues to make money, but this movie is the worst of the year. Promise! Now, even though I get in free, we were passing time till we'd see "J. Edgar." While we didn't lose money, I got so frustrated because this pap was wasting my time by being so completely unentertaining, I even had difficulty in saying, "Well, at least we didn't have to pay for it!" No, I STILL felt cheated. What a total waste of theater space, not to mention the out of place, stupid cameos at the twins birthday party that falls flat. Go see ANYTHING else!
113 out of 150 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One Day (2011)
Ridiculous just Ridiculous: One Wasted Day!
8 September 2011
Absurd plot. Total Junk. Contrived love. Weak plot to the point of being inane! So, these two people meet on July 15th. Have a so-so relationship at best and all of a sudden, they're best friends deciding to meet on that day every year. Sounds weird, right? What about the other 364 days, over the next 21-bloody years? What about the other day to day relationships, interpersonal situations, struggles, challenges, obstacles that hits those dealings with reality-mortality -- which is all of us? What's the big deal about one lousy kiss on the sidewalk? The one missed opportunity to ball the old lady? (Didn't she say in the movie when they first met, when she graduated that she was 40-years old? If I heard that right, that makes this old broad (and Hathaway in real life) like 60 when she drives the bike out into the street from a blind alley, without looking! Really! Okay, you get it. I give this lousy movie a 2 because I'm feeling generous. At least Hathaway was fully deserving as a candidate for this year's "Darwin Awards" had it been based on a true story, which thankfully, there's no way in 'heck' this could ever possibly happen to any two people that ever existed on this planet. What's worse? I had to actually pay admission to see this pap!
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Green Lantern (2011)
Every Bit As BAD as Critics Say! Waay Lame!
23 June 2011
Okay, I recognize it's a cartoon. It's Marvel for goodness sakes. But, did you know that when Marvel published the first issue, it had started out as a prank to copy all other super hero's and that while they stole every idea plausible and possible from their competitors, they picked everything that was the exactly opposite to avoid law suits! True! (He's green, Batman Black; Superman Red and Blue...see what I mean?) Now, this movie is rubbish, exacerbated by CGI. And bad CGI at that. Here's a hero that only needs to think of whatever he can to win and what does he think of to defeat the big ol' bad, monster in a cyclops-octipus mode? He sucker punches the thing with a big fist. Duh! Too loud; to childish; too long; pure cinematic pap! Now, Thor wasn't bad and I loved Batman Begins...so I do like this type movie when done well. This sucked. So glad I got in free!
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Something Gay* (*Ridiculous)
9 May 2011
Follow along with me here...you are sitting through this mess, heading into 2-hours and still you have zero empathy for the characters and all you can do is comment on the lousy acting; the weak personalities and the absurd plot! . In fact, you don't care if boy gets girl, boy loses girl or if boy or girl die in a head on collision. The audience don't care. Granted, the three fat girls that sat behind me, who don't have a social life with the opposite sex thought it funny enough that you couldn't help but hear her stupid laugh. A bad experience all around. And the beach party they go to...they start binge drinking like it's still the 60's and by the time they get to the night spot, they'd be so incoherent drunk they couldn't have walked! Just a poorly designed movie from the start. AND...they had the colossal gull to say instead of "The End" they flashed, "To Be Continued". Please...I pray not! Lousy acting, lousy script, stupid love story and non-sensical movie idea all around.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Hanna (2011)
Inconsistencies, Plot Holes Galore_Gets Ridiculous in Berlin!
8 April 2011
Spoilers: See first! First off, what's with these so called expert killers Kate brings into the mix to get the girl? There fat, out of shape and more like clockwork orange hoodlums, that couldn't win a bar fight let alone beat a superior, fighting hybrid! If all the hybrids (for a lack of a better word) had to be 'terminated' and Hanna was the last left, think about this..., here's Kate keeping up with her, in heels! chasing her and Hanna was not able to put distance between them? The point is: If that's all the hybrid can do, WHY does the U.S. have to see her dead? (Obviously, she's not all that bloody superior if that old, British broad is out thinking her! And how do the clockwork orange goons ever find her in Morrocco? Was that the ONLY seedy, little joint in the whole country that the lugs somehow knew that's the one she'd be at? Give me a break.

Why doesn't it reveal whether the British couple and their kids were killed or not? Anyone who can jump onto an undercarriage of a Humvee while traveling over them at speed is frankly, CARTOON! And WHY does Eric, after waiting 13-years in hiding near the Arctic Circle, with a beard and long hair, suddenly cut his hair/have to look...EXACTLY like his file photos, to be instantly recognizable when he leaves the forest? Senseless. And oh BTW, he leaves in suit in sub zero temps. Hello~

What in the world were Kate's gums bleeding for? It has nothing to do with the plot at all! When Eric fights the 3 guys in the vacant space, when the thugs after incredible hesitations, finally do decide to fire their weapon, Eric had time to through one of them into the line of fire and throwing a knife to kill the gunmen. To coin a classic line from Eli Wallach about clowns just like these losers..., "If you're going to shoot...SHOOT. Don't talk!" Great acting by Hanna, for sure!
189 out of 325 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Unknown (2006)
Unknown, Unimaginable and Unremarkable
20 February 2011
Okay, there is some 'action' scenes that make it good for a 2-hour getaway. But c'mon! It's laughable beyond the action when one considers for a moment what it's trying to make us accept or believe.

Such as: --Forgetting the 'brief case' with all the pass ports, information is unfathomable. -- He rushes back to the airport to get it without so much as a hint to the 'wife' that he's doing so. -- What does 'oz' mean everywhere? Another blogger already noticed that. -- Why did the 'wife' go into the suite to onhook the bomb because her face still would've been recorded when they were there 3 months prior anyway! -- And why didn't she break the wall out further to get to the bomb deactivate system, rather than reaching down blindly down through the wall and blowing herself up anyway? -- Why did the hardened, East German spy readily eat cyanide just because that old rogue showed up at his apartment? Why'd he give in so soon, when he could've killed him as a trespasser or robber? -- Why was it that the only two people catching a train was Liam and the other hit dude? -- Save your money and go see instead: Barney's Version.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Poster Child Template For Inane Script Writing
31 December 2010
Great cast. Woefully abhorrent script. Badly acted. This thing was nothing but bad. Really. The audience, as small as it was for a Thursday night, at least sat through the thing up until we left, having endured a full hour of this, somehow hoping it would make sense; allow us to grow empathy for the characters; give a care for any of their situations...but it never happened. We didn't care she was cut from a ball team! We didn't care the male ball player screwed anything that moved. And we didn't care or fully understand the corporation thing and Nickelson's involvement. This pap was nothing more than a mega star, cash cow pay check. $100M to make this!! No wonder the industry has no decent middle ground of movies and is replete with remakes/sequels and very little imagination. BTW, by the time we walked out, the coach who said he was coming over, after saying he only emails the team selections...never did. This movie epitimizes what happens when a movie is heavy loaded with star power with a script written over the weekend by some poor a** clown, born into the business without talent or skill and lends strength to considering the argument: Have we reached the point where we should stop presenting movies in theaters all together? This movie begs that question. Finally, armed with an annual free pass card, my one bit of satisfaction was that I didn't pay for this and help perpetuate star salaries without receiving an expected deliverable in the form of a real movie script.
19 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fair Game (I) (2010)
Political Folly_Liberal Attempt to Distort and Confound_Underhanded Penn Diatribe
7 December 2010
Okay, we know Penn's a good buddy of the Venez. dictator Hugo Chavez. Would we expect anything fair and balanced from this unAmerican? Of course not. And that's exactly what we get. A movie hell bent on attempting to prove Iraq didn't have WMD's. Of course! they had WMD's! They used the chemical ones on their own people, killing over 5,000 of em. Frankly, it wouldn't have mattered if they didn't have any with such a corrupt, evil, murdering dictator as they had in Hussein! If our guys would've only found a pack of firecrackers...they were justified in the unified invasion...agreed to by the Dem's AND Repubs as well as the international coalition! So please, let's quit, once and for all in blaming Bush and Cheney for something that was agreed to by our entire government, albeit a few and I mean few exceptions. And the only real thing we can blame on Cheney (excepting Hallieburton) is that he's a lousy shot!
13 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The American (2010)
Clooney Tunes_Absurd, Cheap Shot-Ending (Read AFTER Seeing)
29 September 2010
It's okay that there's little dialog throughout. Motion pictures should be capable of telling a story without incessant dialog. That's good. The story line has Clooney not only being an international hit man but he also builds the specialized guns he uses or that someone else needs for a specific target. Clooney's so good he can make them from leftover garage parts. Okay, still all acceptably believable. His character, while a little skinny, is working out all the time, staying toned and true to his killer craft. The story pulls us in; keeps our interest until the last few scenes. When the ending occurred and credits appeared, it left the audience jilted, cheated and in a way, molested in a laughable way. We wait the whole movie, while he builds a special gun, with the balance and power of a rifle, the flexibility of a machine gun and the muzzle that misdirects the sound. Then bam! The switch! The gun he's building is to kill him! First off, the chick firing could've plugged him at the first meeting; at the little creek. And as soon as she does fire the gun, everyone looks in the same direction where's standing to kill Clooney! (OKay, maybe the gun didn't function as designed, that's why it was so obvious to everyone.) Then, there's a separate serial killer, killing hookers that we never get an inkling of what that's all about. Yet, his hooker girl friend has a gun given her for protection...and she NEVER suspects Clooney as being the killer! What's that all about? Cheap, cheap ending is like, really, the budget and screenplay brain trust went on strike...or they had their 110-pages of script and just ended it...just like that, since they already had their financial backing for the project and didn't matter that the ending was a slap in the face to the movie viewers because they had their money already. Hint to producers: We've been watching movies for decades. Don't sucker punch us with inane, stupid endings like that! Frankly, we didn't care if Clooney lives or not...his girl could've called her doctor friend and she could've stopped the bleeding till help came and could've nursed him back to health or not. The problem is why on earth does the movie go to such an extravagant plot when he could've been killed without the unnecessary twist of him making his own death weapon to be used on himself. The intelligent audience member felt cheated...a lot.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Keep Your Distance From This Badly Acted Bore
18 August 2010
I was privileged to catch a director's screening of 'Distance' in Beverly Hills Park this week. And yes, Nanny Burstein was a no show, go figure. I realize I should be grateful to have seen it amongst Hollywood's power brokers but, I can't be dishonest about it. It's bad! I should've realized with Barrymore and her never ending, sh*t=eating grinning coupled with her absolute incapability of acting, I should've known it would be a waste. And it was. A weak script, ridiculously poor timing and stupid, stupid non-laughs, this movie never got my interest from beginning to end. I found watching the people ignoring the screening; talking about everything...most of which can't be repeated here, far more fun and interesting. And Barrymore is really starting to balloon out, as in waay fat. (Maybe she just had to add all that weight because the script called for it -- I'll give her benefit of the doubt on that one.) Bottom line: Skip this rubbish. Watch a squirrel fight; get a root canal; clean the frig...anything but see this movie.
3 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Inception (2010)
This is NO Deja Vu! (And just hints_no spoilers really.)
20 July 2010
Ever notice how some movies are really long and after you're done watching it, you can't believe you've just sat there for 2.5-hours because it was sooooo good? Yes? Well, Inception isn't that! This is one long, long movie and seems, about half way through it or so...it just keeps getting longer! Like when the van drops towards the water. I counted. It took the darn thing 25-minutes to finally hit and I had already been watching the clock for the ending to happen quick! (Yes, I realize it was 'dream-like'.) And what's that 'Ice Station Zebra' segment all about anyway! I was looking for Rock Hudson, for goodness sakes! Dicaprio is brilliant; in fact, all the acting is way above par, except for maybe 'Juno' who seriously needs a hair change. Badly. (You're a millionaire. Fix it!) Squeezing through the tight space was, admittedly, very dream like. I liked that. My pea brain, late, had trouble with some of the plot lines, as you can tell from my above sarcasm, however...the points made should be considered as being problematic with the general delivery of this picture.
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Inexplicable Plot Points_Audience Cheating Ending_SEE MOVIE FIRST
25 March 2010
Obviously, near the end of completing the screenplay, Roman began to suffer serious bouts of cabin fever, while hole up in his multi-million dollar, Swiss Alps chalet. C'mon, Roman! There have been thousands of suspense thrillers and how dare you cop out by having our ghost writer hit by a car! How did the wife-CIA agent, if it wasn't completely an accident, know that 'ghost' would figure out the inane clue, in elementary, 5th-grade fashion, detail her involvement in the CIA and to what end? Why and what was her purpose? Are we to believe that your personal indignation and bitterness towards the U.S. is such that you weakly attempt to suggest that she hooks up with the to be prime minister of England...to attack Iraq? Starting that entire effort in the early 70's? It doesn't make sense. I love your work, Roman. In fact, I have a book that you must read while hole up...I will work to get it to you. I'm just sorry that you used the 'timing defense' to finish this screenplay. That is, you got to 110-pages of the script and said, "Okay, enough! End it!" The difference between you and Hitchcock is that Hitchcock always tied up all the loose ends and in 'Ghost' you just leave them all out there. Contact me, I'll give you a much, much better story to screen write...just to give you another chance.
1 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Green Zone (2010)
Damon's Greengrass' Little White Lie Zone
17 March 2010
"Green Zone" attempts to blatantly manipulate the audience into thinking that the U.S. alone, attacked Iraq under the known, false premise of their having WMDs.

This is a lie.

The U.S. attacked Iraq after continued, perpetual deception and defiance of UN sanctions and with the overwhelming support of an international coalition of forces, logistical and financial support to do so! In addition, the U.S. Congress, republicans and democrates alike, overwhelmingly supported the president in so doing.

The truth is, Saddam Hussain's evil regime had to come to an end...even if they didn't find a pack of fire crackers! Frankly, we should've attacked Iran who has been an evil, thorn in our side ever since their illegal and war-provoking hostage taking of Americans on American soil within our Iranian embassy compound -- whom today provide the world's single greatest threat to peace on the planet.

The "GZ" was essentially mediocre; told a routine story of search and rescue and was truly laughable with Damon breaking rank and as an enlisted, 'noncom', attempting to save the world in Bourne-like fashion which was waay, too absurd.
6 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Dear John (I) (2010)
A Nicholas Sparks Cash Cow: An Implausible 'Notebook' Template
15 February 2010
Today, being President's Day, my wife and I had "The Notebook" DVD, checked out at our local library. It's a movie released in 2004 that fell beneath our radar, as we are big movie goers. I'm a published author with hopes of screen playing my first book. I'd noticed references to "The Notebook" in reviews of other movies which is why I brought it up about us watching and this morning provided the perfect opportunity. We both really liked it. It made my wife cry; we could relate to many things in it with our own, continuing love affair and even I fought back choking up.

This afternoon, after lots of chores, yard work and eating, we decided to actually catch a matinée. When we got to the theater, having seen most of the current batch of films playing, we elected to see "Victoria Day" which for some reason was not at the theater, even though both IMDb and my phone movies showed it playing there. So, instead we looked at the poster for "Dear John" and that it was written by the same writer as "The Notebook", making it the obvious choice as we enjoyed 'TN' so much.

What a disappointment! First, the characters did not have the same believability or sense of empathy as 'TN'; and we kept commenting throughout all the similarities -- two dozen or so -- quickly causing us to realize this movie was nothing but, as another reviewer commented, "a poor man's Notebook!" It had a real 'cash cow' feeling, meaning the Sparks simply threw a story together, based on the exact template of 'TN' simply to make a quick buck. Not only that, after the 'bug-eyed' trollop improbably 'Dear John's-John' for the wimp cancer patient, we ridiculed the movie with each, passing soapy stupid line all the way through to the end. There were only about 6 of us in the theater during this 4:45pm Monday matinée and my wife even told me to keep it down so I wouldn't ruin it for the others...it was so bad.

Seeing this on the heels of 'TN' ensured that the rip off similarities were vividly recognizable and Sparks blatant, cheap attempt at template writing painfully obvious. We only wish we could've seen "Victoria Day" instead...no matter how bad it might've been after seeing this poor entry to cinema. And oh..., for the last 30-minutes, I kept saying "...don't give that cow the coins ...don't give that cow the coins?"
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Pap: Pure Pap
21 December 2009
Nothing redeeming. Nothing interesting. Nothing worth caring about. Quite frankly, I figured this movie would be a "template...love found; love lost; love found." But I had no idea how 'template' it was. And the English ponce, parading as an actor is the worst. He's a sniveling, unmanly and dreadfully unfunny actor as can be. What's worse, is that the people who put this foolishness to film should be road out on a rail for such garbage. I've already said my peace about this movie I actually sat through, but the comment below says it's not ready yet. So, I'll keep typing for a while longer...Okay, so if it's ten lines you want then, ten lines you're going to get. I should've went further a field and went to see "Boondock Saints." I haven't seen the first one yet, but maybe I'll check the new one out after seeing the first one that came out a few years ago. BTW, did I mention that 'Morgans' does not deserve to be seen in theaters?
51 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Jay Leno Show (2009–2010)
Old, Tired Leno Can't Let It Go
7 October 2009
Even a train stops. Not Leno. His perpetual-hangin' on...just keeps going... Reminds me of an old, withered, washed up, wrinkled starlet that's in her 70's still thinking she can act. Act like a beautiful, young woman -- in high school -- but she ain't the teacher! Let it go, Leno. Go drive your cars; schaleb with your Hollywood 'fans'...you know, the other schalebs you gave their first big break. What your doing, pretending to be the 'other' Tonight Show, even though contractually, you can't say the word 'tonight' in a sentence is a major dis-service to Conan, who by the way...IS the Tonight Show! H e l l o, Jay. You're looking like you've been branded and your sword has been broken in two. I suggest you do something else. This thing is failing. Badly.
11 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I Want Entertained_Not a Decision Point On Capitalism
2 October 2009
I like our free enterprise system. I appreciate how people, from all walks of life can achieve and advance their dreams. Like Moore himself has done...on the wings of capitalism. I like being free and paying my own way. I don't want a socialistic system. I don't even want to entertain a discussion point on whether we should have the government provide everything. What do I want at Moore's movie? Entertained! Pure and simple. I lived in England for 4-l o n g years and witnessed first hand, the lack of drive and motivation; the vanishment of motivation; the government run television and radio stations...at a time when we were starving (as it were) for good, American music of the 60's and 70's, when pop-pirate radio stations off the coast of England, in international waters gave us what we wanted, with the British government trying to electronically block their signals, remain in control of EVERYTHING and stiffle progress, and oh...TAX the British people to an obscene, 65-70% rate! I don't want that in my America. When YOU come up with an idea...I want to be able to evaluate for myself and not have some government yokel decide for me, whether I can have your service or product. And that's EXACTLY were socialism leads! Now, to be sure, I'm sick of the tremendous greed infiltrating all aspects of our lives here, in the fields of health, finance, energy (oil companies), sports, politics, entertainment! I'm sick of the fact some CEO can work for 8-weeks and be paid a $60M bonus. That needs fixed...before it destroys what we have here, no doubt. But, let's not sell the farm or sell out our founding forefathers or the many tens of thousands who have died in wars, sacrificing their very lives for this country and for the freedoms it has blessed our lives with! Moore is one of the biggest benefactors of capitalism. Just look at his ugly, fat gut. He eats good. In fine restaurants everywhere. His bank accounts and pockets are filled with tons of cash. He loves capitalism! If not by his words...but by the results of his actions. I didn't go see Sicko. I don't agree or listen to his rants on republicans or whatever. (Final commentary to follow here...)
8 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this