ofjeworstlust

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Triloquist (2008)
Son of Leprechaun and Chucky, 27 May 2008

Man, I expected a lot from this movie. It sounded like one of those puppet horror movies with a killer twist. Trailer seemed nice, but what a let down this was.

The role of Angelina seemed way over the top; first it was like watching a killer spoof from Scary Movie. Not believable. Her brother was a retarded nut that didn't convince either.

Was it a comedy? IMDb says it's horror. A few slightly scary moments, a few unexpected story lines. But the rest has been done before and better.

The 78 minute runtime of the DVD was too long, I skipped some scenes. I wondered why it wasn't in the cinema in Holland, and why not released on DVD with my native language as subtitle, and only in German. Well, there is a clearly obvious reason for that. Thin characters, annoying at times.

Epic Movie (2007)
Strange mix of movies, 24 January 2008

First of all, don't be mislead by the first 30 minutes. I thought this was going to be a complete hit. Loved the trailer, and the begin was quite funny.

But the Gnarnia-part lasted too long, and after that there were just old movies (robin hood and stuff) that weren't as entertaining. It felt like a regular movie started after 40 minutes. And it started off as a kind of new naked gun parody.

If you're going to watch it, please take the current rating as 2.5 for the overall movie. Watch the first 30 minutes which I would rate as 9/10 and skip the rest.

Long Distance (2005/I)
short distance, 20 January 2008

Just before the movie ends, the 'twist' really spoiled the fun. We've seen the killer that comes after the single white female. And the ones that phone them before entering the premises. It was quite good, except for the cop of which I first thought: is he the killer perhaps?

No pretenses on the story or the acting, but man, I have to say again: what a bad twist - has been done so many times before. Many DVD's have alternate endings, it would have been so easy to add a satisfying one.

The too sexy neighbor across the street, overacting all along. Loved the head actress by the way, and the scene where the cop pulls a gun in front of the opening elevator, and the old lady drops her groceries ;)

Brick (2005)
Another brick - not on the wall of fame, 6 December 2007

Man, was this movie building up slowly. Too long shots of some one looking far away, walking. The colors were a bit gray and white, which gave it a strange and distinct feeling.

Perhaps someone likes difficult movies, not me. Don't get me wrong, I like more than popcorn movies, like supernatural or inter-character conversations, but this movie simply has no characters you can identify with, or feel some sympathy for.

Well, at the end I only fancied the girl in question, and she was the reason for a 3 out of 10. Perhaps it's like with Donnie Darko, hate it or love it. It's not an art-house movie, but yet another clever trick to make a hype of a simple story.

Oh come on..., 30 January 2007

Men, do I love police movies filled with action, shooting, chases etcetera.

Boy, was I let down after watching this short and unsatisfying movie. We've seen it all before, the hostages, the bank, the surrounding... Yet, 2 bad guys that shoot down multiple officers and innocent people who simply stay in the line of fire - without getting hit due to some Kevlar.

Not just a few shots, no, hundreds of shots. Going back into the bank, where the dumb hostages didn't lock the safe or doors when the bad guys went out. How stupid did the director think we'd be.

Okay, the shots in between that fake a documentary were good, but after seeing the film I only got the thought: why didn't the police get a decent shooting course? And why where there so many cops and was SWAT on a real long break. Truly bad.

Oh come on..., 29 January 2007

Sure, I laughed with American Pie I, a small chuckle with American Pie II. I loved Wayne's World and like comedies with 'nerds'.

But this time, one'll feel uncomfortable when watching this film with someone else. Sex jokes that teens might think are cool, and at the end of the movie a more serious (a bit at least) relation comedy. It simply doesn't mix.

There was actually one great part; when the main character wouldn't think about sex, and everything he saw and ran away from, was related to... You get the picture.

The acting: yeah right, as if a mix of these guys exist. If so, the end of the world is near. Nay, wish I'd checked IMDb before watching this. Don't get the high ratings either.

Comedy without jokes, 19 December 2006

Come on, I really expected something more from this movie. As being marketed as the follow up to Shouf Shouf Habibi, which was also a multi cultural comedy, one would look forward for some laughs and political incorrect remarks.

No, a real thin romance, cliché first generation immigrants from Morocco, overacting actors. No surprises and really not a single character you might feel good or sorry for. Can't understand the relatively high score on IMDb. Dutch movies most of the times consist of curses and sex. Well, this movie consists of nothing worth writing a comment about.

*Wow*, 4 August 2006

Me, I never have been fond of rollercoasters. Saw them in Las Vegas, been in some in Holland, but hey, after FD3 I really doubt if I ever will enter one again... ;) Loved the horror and gore of part 1 (as I again didn't like something, like airplanes ;) and was thrilled after the traffic accident of part 2. But this time the unhappily events are built up really carefully, much more intense than in part 1.

The characters were quite alright, except for the punk like dude which picture isn't on IMDb. He really acts childish and simply doesn't fit in the picture.

Loved the fact that during the movie they refer to the events of part 1 and 2, that they read on the internet. If you kind of liked 1 and/or 2, don't miss this one.

Soulkeeper (2001)
SoulKILLER, 19 June 2006

Man, as a real horror fan the story sounded okay, the ratings weren't that bad. But hey, don't all good horror flicks start out okay as well ;) Please read this again after watching, and you'll agree on the following. Take the usual ghost things somewhere in the middle east, some losers with retro jokes, the regular good/bad/weird horror characters, and that was soulkeepers.

After 20 minutes we agreed on switching to another movie, I wouldn't even bother skipping to the end or next chapters. Seeing it was from 2001 surprised me more than anything else in the movie, the story and lines could've come from way back like the 1980's. Simply a no go, ignore the ratings (4.9 as we speak)

The Net 2.0 (2006) (V)
Predictable, 19 June 2006

The conclusion is simple, watch this promo film for Turkey with a slight story, and all clichés will pass one by one.

The chases are not state of the art. A small car chase with no surprises, some running, some more running.

The flash backs and flash forwards started to annoy me, just as the characters and their roles which weren't a surprise at the end.

Sandra Bullock's trailer was on the DVD as well, and I have to say: watch the Net trailer for even more action and entertainment.

Not too bad for a B-movie, don't expect anything new or refreshing. IT people like myself will of course see through the technical terms, but who'll watch for that purpose ;)

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]