Nocgirl72

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Not that bad for straight to video B horror!, 11 September 2011

This has been on cable late at night and I finally sat and watched it all tonight. Creepy horror movie and the acting is NOT bad. 3 out of 4 of the main characters have impressive Hollywood resumes so these actors are not no talent bimbos. This movie is actually watchable.

Simple story about 4 young adults that go looking for an "albino farm" in a town full of hillbilly's and misfits. They run across a seemingly nice old lady who tells them stories about the town but it turns out she is just as weird as the whole town. Make-up on the creatures is good and this movie is not cheesy like many of the genre. Script is not stupid either and somewhat believable.

If you are up at night and see it come on, watch it.

Realistic tear-jerker, 12 June 2011

I just watched this movie and had a hard time keeping a dry eye. The sad truth is there are cases similar to this going on in family court everyday..maybe not as extreme as this one (most kids are less than 6 years old) but fights between bio parents, foster parents and adoptive parents go on every day. This is an adoptive parents nightmare. I thought the performances by all were solid and very believable. The kid that played Joey is so cute and a good little actor. I really do not understand how people can bash this movie. They must not be adults, or parents for that matter. The subject matter is very surreal and let me tell you, I would have done the EXACT same thing as the adoptive parents did in this movie.

Really not that bad, 5 July 2010

Keep in mind this is a KIDS move so the standards should be lowered a bit but still to an acceptable level. I really do not understand how this movie ranked a 1.8 unless the same couple posters are making up screen names and writing bogus reviews.

This movie had the theatre cracking up, especially kids. Brenden Fraser is so lovable as a real estate developer who has ticked off a raccoon and his forest of friends to stop a development from going up and destroying the forest. Brooke Shields is his faithful do good wife who stands by him as he gets his butt kicked by mother nature.

A few pretty funny moments including the outhouse scene.

If your goal is to see a movie that your kids will understand and laugh at, this is a good one.

A list cast in a C rated movie, 4 January 2010

It has been said already, the movie is not great but not terrible either.

Story about a circle of friends dealing with complicated love lives.

I was single for a long time and did not get married and have children until I was in my 30's so I got a kick out of this movie. Honestly, it was life in my 20's crammed into a 2 hour movie. Some scenes in this movie had a haunting familiarity to them.

The bottom line is, if a guy is interested he will call.

Good looking A list cast includes Bradley Cooper (in the movie is married to Jennifer Connolly) and they have a troubled marriage. Ben Affleck is dating Jennifer Aniston's character. Scarlett Johansson (who is AWFUL in this film) is dating Kevin Connolly but having a fling with someone else too. Justin Long (Alex) and Drew Barrymore (Mary)are in it but do not date in the movie, but do in real life. Gennifer Goodwin is the single woman desperately wanting to hook up and scaring guys off in the process.

Movie was a bit clichéd and I am a little tired of seeing Jennifer Aniston in the same type of role, which is probably why I do not watch many of her films. She is pretty much typecast as the single woman with boyfriend problems.

Script is OK and had a few funny moments but not a masterpiece by any means. People who have played the field, done the bar scene will get some laughs. Anyone who was never spent much time single is probably glad they weren't after watching this movie.

Tracks (2005/II)
Total disappointment., 9 October 2009

This is a movie that could have been, and should have been good but it wasn't. Bad script. Unrealistic prison and visitation scenes, and just boring. I am not familiar with the NJ corrections systems but if in fact this young man was in a maximum security prison (which the movie said it was when he was admitted) nothing really made any sense. It is almost like the film makers really did not research corrections at all. Even the child abuse flashback scenes were just corny. More like a really bad made for TV but it was worse than most of the stuff even on Lifetime. Too bad a half hearted effort was put in from the makers of this film.

4/10.

Moving portrayal of childhood friendship during difficult times., 22 May 2009

I watched this last night and am still a little mesmerized. The acting was fabulous and the move was beautifully filmed. Simple but moving story of 2 boys. One is a non-Jewish son (Bruno) of a Nazi officer. The other boy is jew in a concentration camp. Through the razor wire they bond and become friends. Bruno is confused as to why the boy is in this camp and does not see the brutal realities of it. Excellent acting by these 2 boys. The whole cast was just terrific especially the brutal Nazi guard Karl ("the smell even worse when they burn"). This movie along with others of this genre makes me sad when I think of how many children were killed by the Nazi's. Although the movie is fiction, it was very well made.

Really bad made for TV movie, 2 April 2009

I am intrigued about Everest after watching the Discovery Channel series "Everest: Beyond the limit" where they follow hikers up this mountain using helmet cams. This movie is based off the book about a deadly day on Everest where 8 hikers died in a massive storm, but an amazing survival story of Beck Weathers emerged. I was pleased to see Richard Jenkins from "The Visitor" playing Beck Weathers. The story gets totally lost in bad acting and bad music. Wikipedia has a better run down on Beck Weathers than this movie portrayed. Early on the movie focus on the dangerous commercialization of Everest and how trekking companies will sell a 50k permit to anyone that wants to hike Everest regardless of experience. It is a very dangerous game. However the move loses focus about 30 minutes into it. The music is really bad too. The whole movie is just bad. Skip it and rent the Discovery series instead, or just read the book.

Beautiful outstanding movie, 15 February 2009

I am not a huge Brad Pitt fan but after this movie, I am now. It is his best by far.

I have never seen a movie like this. Interesting yet simple storyline. A story of a man born old who ages in reverse. As he is slowly getting younger everyone around him is aging normally. The make up and special effects in this movie are great.

This movie made me think about things and made me think of my own children especially by infant son.

It is long, but I liked the premise of examining a life lived backwards.

I am totally in awe of this fantastic movie. I hope it wins the Oscar for best picture. Much better than Slumdog Millionaire which I thought was over-rated. This movie deserves all the praise it has gotten.

Fireproof (2008)
Much better than I thought, 25 October 2008

I am not sure how this movie could have been rated a 4.7. All I can think of it that a bunch of Anti-Christian haters rated the movie without seeing it. You do not even have to be a Christian to enjoy this movie.

My husband is a devout Catholic and very religious. I am not. He arranged for my parents to babysit and for us to see this movie. I'll admit we have had our marriage problems and really did not want to see it. Anything with a former child star doesn't interest me and I rolled my eyes when I read that Kirk Cameron refused to kiss his co-star. I would have much rather gone to Changeling and he almost gave in to let me see what I want even though he really wanted to see this. I felt bad and gave in instead.

The first fight scene was hauntingly familiar and made me squirm in my seat. The obvious lack of communication, tension, fights about money and the internet hit home. This couple is obviously on the brink of divorce.

The cocky husband who at first didn't seem interested in his marriage then does an about face and finds his spiritual side. The wife is on the brink of an affair and is cold, distant and appears to have already checked out of the marriage.

With persistence and patience and spirituality, he continues to abide by the 40 days of the Love Dare and continues to pursue his wife.

This is not a movie just about the bible. There are some biblical verses in it an conversations about Jesus and Christianity, but overall it is about a couple who finds love again. It was also funny and had me cracking up in a few parts of it. The scene where Kirks wife stands in and they kiss, was not as cheesy as I expected. They had her made up to look just like the actress that played the wife.

I think the film makers executed this story beautifully.

Candy (2006)
A stunning, surreal look into addiction. GREAT movie., 19 September 2008

One of my recent faves. Extremely underrated movie and no doubt Heath Ledger's best. Terrific acting and script. The poem Candy write's on the wall is cool and the full poem can be read in the FAQ section of this website.

I was really taken by this film. I have never used drugs but I imagine they can just suck you and ruin your life.

I was impressed with everyone's performance especially Abbie Cornish's. Very talented actress who played the role of Candy the junkie so well I had to remind myself it was only a film. Heath Ledger lovers may be shocked at his grungy un-kept appearance. Geoffrey Rush is brilliant as the functional junkie and dealer. Very touching and surreal.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]