americandragonfreak

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

The Best Episode of the Second Season!, 3 March 2007

Oh wow! Everything you were wondering about Rose's family and the Huntsclan is answered. I would like to take this time to say to you: The Huntsman dies! No, I'm not kidding. And Rose almost dies, too. Almost.

Jake and Rose are nominated for the Homecoming king and queen. But, the happiness is short lived for the Huntsman finds out about Rose's betrayal. The Huntsman then tells Rose that he knows where her parents are and if she doesn't get him all the skulls, he can have them killed.

I will not say anymore except this: this episode is dramatic, suspenseful and it completes the Jake and Rose story, but it is not the way the audience wants it to be finished.

The voice acting is excellent. Dante Basco and Mae Whitman are very convincing at the end and it is quite heart-wrenching. And for Jeff Bennett, out of all the characters he played, the Huntsman was my favorite.

This episode is not to be missed by all Am Drag fans. I would say to the parents, though: if you have a fan who is under 7, I would suggest that you watch this with them. Rose destroys all Huntsclan in a way which might frighten your younger kids and then Rose almost meets the same fate, which will have your kids in tears. They will be crying all night. But it's worth it. Do not miss this episode!

Night Time is the Right Time..., 14 February 2007

To watch this movie! I don't know why all the fans hate this one. The deaths are awesome (ie being electrocuted on a control panel) and this had good acting.

First, the most important thing in a slasher movie. The deaths! The deaths are awesome. Wayne's was my favorite. Ooh! That's gotta hurt! I also liked Mile's. Falling and then being impaled on the deck post.

The acting is also good. Kane Hodder is the best Jason. Kelly Hu did a fine job in her film debut. Peter Mark Richman and Sharlene Martin are good as the characters you are glad to see meeting their gruesome demise. But, probably the stand out for me was Martin Cummings as Wayne. His death scene was awesome and I really liked his character's attitude. Even after being dissed by the girl he wants to be with, he just smiles and insults himself.

I really don't see what all the negativity is all about. Out of the first 8, this one is my favorite and any Friday the 13th fan should check this out!

So far the worst Friday Installment, but still decent, 20 January 2007

I started out really enjoying this movie, but then came horribly done deaths. The double impalement was crap. All it showed was a shocked face and a bloody spear. I just wanted to say I hated that death scene. They could have done better than that. The machete splitting the face also could have done better. It just shows it happen from behind and then he rolls down the stairs. I was disappointed with that death too. Finally, the end was so random! I was waiting to see this film for a long time and I found a spoiler that Paul disappeared and was presumed dead and I thought that would be an interesting thing to see in a slasher film. What I got was extremely disappointing. It was just "where's Paul?" and that was it! Disappointing!

Other than that, I enjoyed it. It had some funny lines. I guess I'll give it a 6 out of 10 and a grade of around C+.

Unique and has the Christmas Spirit, 17 December 2006

This episode is very unique and in a way different than the others.

It is Christmas Eve and Fu is our story teller as he explains about 2 magical creatures who are not having a good holiday. Those 2 creatures would be Jake Long The American Dragon who has dealt with his family's imbecilic Christmas traditions for too long and has finally snapped, and a baby sasquatch who has been separated from it's family. With the help of Trixie, who is depressed because her father will not be home for Christmas and a very festive Spud, Jake goes out to find the baby, but he has some competition: Rotwood who wants to prove that magical creatures exist and 88 and 89 who were looking for a Christmas present for the Huntsman when they heard about the sasquatch. At least they realize the true spirit of the holidays.

As I've said, this is a unique episode. We finally see Trixie getting emotional and Fu hurling up Egg-Nog was great. Even the Huntsboys had some good lines. Although Fu being a minstrel felt a little weird and do the Huntsboys have anything to wear other than those uniforms?

Cute movie and has some very funny moments, 19 November 2006

This was a pretty cute movie. It had a lot of ball hitting, but that was really funny. The film stars Kate Winslet, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellan, Andy Serkis, Bill Nighy and Jean Reno.

Roddy (Hugh Jackman)is a mouse that is living the high life, until someone pushes him in the toilet and he is... well, Flushed Away. There he meets Rita (Kate Winslet) a mouse who is trying to keep her ruby out of the hands of the evil Toad (Ian McKellan)and his 2 henchmen (Andy Serkis and Bill Nighy). At first, Rita and Roddy hate each other, but after a while they start to work together and spend some quality time together. But the Toad won't give up and he hires his cousin (Jean Reno) to capture the 2.

This movie is well done. It has funny moments and likable characters. The slugs singing "Mr. Lonely" was funny even though I can't stand that song.

Why Rotwood? Why?, 18 November 2006

I was a little disappointed when I saw this after the preview looked so awesome!

Jake gets ticked off with Rotwood and gets him fired and ends up with a new principal who has a plot to reveal dragons to the world! The ending is great. I loved that it kept you in suspense. Just like Avatar always does. The subplot with Stacey being wooed with onions was funny and the opening with the Spud/Stacey sitcom was great.

But why Rotwood, must you trick Jake into him revealing his powers to you? Oh well. At least you now know and could become even more of a villain. Wooh! For a minute there, I really thought Jake and Rotwood were going to bond. Disgusting! How could Jake bond with that evil evil evil man?

The villain was kind of lame. I was really hoping he was the Huntsman. He made such a good first impression and then he turned into the Principal from Hell!

Student Body by Jake makes a lot more sense than Supernatural Tuesday, 29 October 2006

Let me just start this off by asking: Other than legal reasons, why did they change this to Supernatural Tuesday? Student Body by Jake makes more sense.

Pretty good episode. Very funny. The end credit scene was great. The rap battle was just as good as I expected. But the scene where Jake is reading that kid's mind;he hears "I'm just a vote to him" and he says "You're more than a vote to me" and when he hears Spud thinking "inhale, exhale, inhale again, exhale again, I need to blink" was incredibly funny. I was kind of hoping Jake's new crush would have some lines. Nigel's spells sounded really cheesy, though.

Good episode. I really hope I don't have to wait a month or two for the next new episode of Jake.

What's up with Keone Young's voice?, 22 October 2006

I like this movie. It's probably the second best in the series. Sarah Paxton was really good. Judith Houge was very funny with the talking to the toilet and bird bath and using her magic in public. Kristy Wu was wonderfully wicked. J Paul Zimmerman was well, Dylan. Lucas Greebreal was pretty darn good, although I felt he could have done a little bit more. Debbie Reynolds, in her very small role, was quite good. The people who played Grogg and the Chancellor lady had their moments. My only problem was with Keone Young's voice. I hated that they altered it. It was quite annoying. The lady who played that Professor who was undercover was great.

Good acting, good story, funny scenes, great effects for a DCOM make this movie a success. 8 out of 10.

Wildly entertaining, 1 October 2006

I really enjoyed this episode. Jake persuades Haley to do something bad, which for her is to watch a puppet show that Mr. Long thinks is repulsive. Haley enjoys it so much she sneaks out at night with Jake to a video game givaway, she later steals a DVD player from her grandfather to watch her show. It turns out that the show Haley is watching has an evil star that is brainwashing children to become punks and it's all Jake's fault!

This episode has one of my higher ratings. I feel that Mr. Long should lay off his son and because he is so overprotective he's starting to think Jake is becoming a rebel. I'm glad Haley finally got hers after her harrassing Jake in "Family Business". Overall, I found it better than "Family Business" and the ending is very silly.

A Pleasant Surprise, 10 September 2006

Let's just say I was not too excited about this episode. An episode all about Spud. Oh boy.

Jake tricks Spud into getting a perfect score on a test and Spud is taken away to a University. Little does Jake know, he set his friend up with the evil Eli Pandarus. Pandarus plans to use the smartest out of all the kids to use them to open Pandora's Box. And it ends up being Spud. Jake and Trixie save Spud, but Pandarus escapes. We also see Monty Hall again. And a crying Rotwood.

This episode was pretty good. Loa-Shi laughing himself to death (not literally) when he found out Spud aced the test was very funny and also when Pandarus has Spud tied up and Spud laughs evilly and says his evil laugh needed work was pretty funny. The Spud mime thing got old pretty fast.

Pandarus is much better this season than he was last season. He is less of a coward and he is a lot more willing to kill people who get in his way, unlike last season. I would like to see at least one more episode with the new Pandarus.

8/10, B-