djderka

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Unfriended (2014)
New online horror movie very real, 13 February 2016

I liked this new original concept. An online horror film. When it first started I thought "is this all going to be online?" Then I thought, 'hey this is all online'.

The plot is quite involved. A bullied girl commits suicide on line. Her friends all go online for a chat. Soon the mysterious Laura hacks their chat and starts posting under a new user name.

They can't get rid of the new intruder although on of them tries with an anti-virus program. Soon their past sins began to play out online in a weird game of disclosure. Very nicely done.

Loved the way it was made very real with miscellaneous clicking and mousing around. When an unwanted song comes on for example one user tries reducing the volume by various ways, none of which are successful.

Another scene has the user trying to click on a grayed out area, his friend suggest reloading the page. The vitality and realness of this movie makes it one of the best new horror films.

The new online cast is very, very good, I felt that they were all really on target. Kudos to writer and director. To get that very real effect I bet there was a lot of computer work.

The cannibals should have eaten the writer/director first, 23 December 2015

I gave it two because of the hot models ruining around with tank top cleavage and short skirts.

To think Herzog, Winders, Fassbinder, Lang, all came from Germany and now this awful film. Hard to believe. The writer seems enjoy chicks running around screaming, which I believe the screams were dubbed anyway.

Other reviews are right, Wrong Turn, makes Cannibal Diner look like a student film shot on 8m.

The lead actress sure spends a lot of time running through the forest and running though an abandoned warehouse. Oops that is the movie. Not to worry about dialogue, there really isn't any. The girls are hot, and I give the casting director the most credit.

TGIF applies here, thank god its finished. Use chapter skip a lot, you will not miss anything. As for the jerky camera no light finale, um, been done before with a lot more style and narration.

Muck (2015/I)
Great for drive in...that is closed for the season, 11 October 2015

Yes, I gave it a 2. Why? Lots and lots of T&A from former models and a playboy bunny. Jiggly boobs in slo-motion, lots of rear view shots of girls in bra and panties. Bathroom scene of a girl 'mugging' the mirror in different bras. Nice girls underwear type t-shirt shirts with lots of nice cleavage. Girls being chased by albinos. Where is Joe Bob Briggs to rate this....let's see: multiple stabbings, 6 boobs. If I was 15 this would be a great movie...you are just aware of chicks.

Plot: Huh? Dialogue: Say Whaaat? Guys acting: Right from public access TV.

Best scene: guy runs to get help, stumbles upon a bar and dozen of hot chicks. He is supposed to call for help, but winds up with a drink and a babe. Take all those hot babes in the bar and run hem out to the house where they can be terrorized.

I thought this could be some kind of wry comedy because the actions of he 'actors' is so stupid. But then I thought, no. the Scary Movie series is so much better. Then the guys are arguing over a junk car???? A feeble attempt at humor because the characters look so stupid.

I noticed Puja's dad was an Executive Producer. One girl in the credits had her named blurred out.

If it was supposed to be scary > see Wrong Turn. Comedy and horror > Night of the Comet.

Maybe if the Whiplash teacher was guiding Steve Walsh he would say, stop! do it again! Were you to fast? Do you know the beat? Do you understand moving making. Slap!

See what happens when you make a Canon 5D available to everyone.

How about another title: Cleavage run aMUCK.

Then again I am thinking this guy thought he was making a comedy and a was John Waters wannabe. People about to be killed make quippy dialogue about unrelated circumstances? And Puja's lines were beyond stupid, I think Steve thought he was making a comedy. That or he is the worst dialogue writer ever.

Title should have been: Let's Be Metermaids., 7 August 2015

This long, long (yes even at 100 or so minutes) is just awful.

PLOT: Two bumbling idiots decide to impersonate cops. Faux hi jinks follow. You are very thankful though when the movie is over, even tho it seems as tho it goes on forever, way past its premise.

Nothing to see here so just move along, folks.

The 'buddy' cops fail to deliver and those two had about as much chemistry as salt peter and zinc.

Horrible plot, poor acting, no sympathy for such bone head characters, and their stupidity and bumbling is so frustrating, you better have ff engaged at all times. Totally stupid situations they encounter. All make mowing the lawn a much better more exciting alternative.

Or better if as in Star Trek you had 'warp speed' you could get through this mish mash much faster.

Was this movie scripted on a napkin at Spaggios? It looked like they winged it.

Too bad, because I think Waylans is funny and loved all of the SCARY MOVIES.

Citizen X (1995) (TV)
Low key but brilliant cop drama, 25 July 2015

What is is brilliant about this story is the persistence of the lead detective to find the killer.

Interestingly the Commissar said that 'there are no killers in the Soviet Union, that is in decadent western societies" Of course we all get the point. But here in the mid-west in a college town in a lefty book store of the the owners actually said that crime in America is because they are a capitalistic empire. Some left wing ideas never die.

Now, back to the movie, it was great and the quips by the Colonel and his astute observations or Soviet society were appro. In fact, most Russians found ways to work outside the system.

But my favorite scene was when they caught Chilikto He is in a park and children are playing the the plain clothes police come up on him from the sides, front and back and tell him to 'keep walking'.. One of the most brilliant arrests I have ever seein. The opposite of course of our cops yelling for him to get on the ground and every manner of gun pointed at him.

Great film.

Fastest and funniest comedy in the West (Berlin), 21 July 2015

I thought Airplane 1 & 2 were very funny. I liked all the Scary Movies (the comedies). I really liked It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World with all of the greatest comedians of the time. And Bridesmaids was really funny too.

But compared to One Two Three they all are in slow motion.

One Two Three is the fastest most witty comedy I have ever seen. I just saw it on cable. And it is one of Billy Wilder's finest films. You cannot afford to laugh as you will miss the next zinger.

The comedic innuendos come a flying at ya' and you better have a cup of Dark Roast coffee to stay alert.

Fun is made of East/West, North/South, Communism/Capitalism and a ton of everything including society itself. A real tour d'force of life in the 60s and the cold war.

Cagney has the fastest and longest lines you have every seen and he is backed up by a great supporting cast. The story is simple: Executive has to confront his capitalistic boss with the fact that his egocentric daughter falls in love with a commie. The quick witted dialogue between the Russian embassy guy and Cagney are great!

I have to buy the video and show it too my friends, ASAP. And had to get my 2 cents in for a legacy post.

And no CGI special effects, explosions, gun fire, car chases, impending disasters, foot chases, and the big mean bad guy.

All dialogue and funny sight gags. Why can't we make this kind of comedy today.

Boring and overdone, 23 June 2015

There are plenty of other black films out there that really entertain and sometimes make a point about race perceptions and relations. (see last paragraph)

The filmmakers scripted a real life situation, A racial Halloween Party in Texas...how boring can you get. Whites in black face... zzzzz..huh, oh I fell asleep. Why make a movie about one incidence of jerky white guys.

Then the movie turns into a black Dinner with White People where people chat on and on.

If you are into b/w dialogue just listen to the audio. Nothing to see here except a few very hot sorority girls. The filmmakers must have said, 'let's bring in comments on 'the weave'. Sorry Chris Rock did an entire documentary and it was great.

Was Dear White People a class project? What was the point. "Hey some fraternity dudes can be assholes." Big surprise.

Rent Hollywood Shuffle by Robert Townsend and then check out the reset of his film. He is good.

Zoom in and check out this flick, 19 March 2015

Although most of you know the plot by now, I found the story to be very accurate as I did work as a 'stringer' for news stations in Indianapolis awhile ago.

Jake is great as an up an coming 'if it bleeds it leads' camera prowler looking for a story. Reminds me of the famous Wee Gee who covered the police beat in NYC in the 1930s with his trunk full of camera gear and a police scanner. Coverage and the need for a 'bleeds it lead' story hasn't changed much.

Jake really fills the role of an up and coming, 'wannabe' news night time stringer. His performance reminded me of the great performance of Robbin Williams in One Hour Photo. Truly stunning jobs by both of them. Bill Paxton was wonderful as the grizzled Nightcrawler.

Lots of news satire in this movie and the great line of course is from Rene Russo (hot) when she says "we are interested in the uptick in suburban crime and how crime is spilling out to the burbs."

I just sent an email to 5 of my friends to watch this movie.

However, I think the dialog was a bit too wordy and more like an essay at times and dragged the story down a little. Remember For a Few Dollars more and the man with no name and little to say. There seemed to be a little too much psycho babble by the character and his actions made a lot of the points anyway. I didn't think that at the end he needed to say to his partner who just died in a shoot out that he was just a story lead, it was obvious. So less verbosity would have really made a better movie, I think. Sometimes too much dialog is like hitting the brake on an Indy Race Car before it crosses the finish line.

But all in all a wonderful cast, great visuals, good direction, great writing, cool subtle soundtrack, and current absorbing storyline.

There was another film, Paparazzi, that viewers may also want to check out.

Weather TV casters save Sharknado, 5 March 2015

Actually this was a fun film with quick pacing and some interesting CGI effects.

However, the newscasters and the TV news shows saved this from being the run of the mill 'disaster' film.

I cracked up when Al Roker and Matt really gave a great, great comic yet believable relief from an otherwise run of the mill disaster film. Add their special weather graphics and the movie is worth watching for just this part. Truly funny.

IN ADDITION

The move likes quips but could have been improved by a few tweaks.

1)Kelly use her sky high red heels to kill one shark, it was forewarned in an early segment by her showing off her red heels to her co-host. What was needed was a slow motion CU shot of those red high heel coming down on to the shark's head and in slow motion with appropriate sound effect. We could almost hear the shark saying nooooooooo.

2)The hero uses a chain saw in one scene to split a shark in half, lengthwise. I expected him to do the "chain saw dance" like in the chain saw movies, but he never did.

3)Great scene in the pizza place where a shark comes in and the owner bats the shark into a pizza oven. I expected him to put up a sign that says: "NEW, Shark Pizza soon".

4)In one scene the hero says to his friend, "we need a bigger bomb', she should have said, "yeah, like Heavens's Gate".

There were some of these missed opportunities, but overall a fun, fast moving film with good homages to other similar movies. View the extra features for some inside info. Well directed and with great cameos. I enjoyed it.

Horrible way to make a film, worst photography ever, 3 March 2015

A serial killer does his usually stchick on unsuspecting characters after he escapes from jail. His ex-girl friend is in hiding and under witness protection because she testified against him.

But, the cinematography was so bad, it was hard to follow the story.

I think the director got a string of Christmas lights and decided to use them in an out of focus foreground for a 'anxiety' effect. Really? A very poorly conceived decision. 'Shaky cam' was used on Blair Witch and a few others. You might try a tight story line, good actors, and scenes and presto a movie and a tripod.

Rather than move you into the story, such techniques take you out of the story since you are very aware of the effects and fail to follow the story. But maybe the cinematographer had the d'ts'

Pulp Fiction had very little 'artsy out of focus lights' as an effect to get the audience in a tipsy mood.

Story line wasn't bad, but ruined by the constant use of out of focus lights and jumpy camera work. Did you not have access to a pair of sticks?

Plot at the end was good though and should have been extended instead of endless AA meetings.

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]