richard.fuller1

Page 1 of 87:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Uncredited Actor, 7 November 2016

Robert Ellis, of Meet Corliss Archer, appears in this episode, but he isn't credited at the end, nor is he credited on IMDb.

Overall, the episode is mildly amusing in its own way as are many of the Miss Brooks episodes, focusing on apparently a 'trend' of the times when things were swapped for other things, no matter what.

Bit more entertaining with Mrs. Davis preparing veal scallopini and garlic toast for Miss Brooks instead of the usual boiled egg and regular toast.

But really wondering why Ellis is uncredited, even tho Richard Crenna also appears, Ellis starts out in a very similar way to what Crenna as Arthur always does.

Silence of the Lambs Meets The Good Son, 29 October 2016

The approach in this episode was Henry (Ethan Cutkosky) is a psychopathic ten-year-old, but it's obvious someone used Macauley Culkin's The Good Son or Silence of the Lambs as source material.

Description seems to give the impression that It's A Good Life, from the Twilight Zone, is some sort of inspiration here, but Billy Mumy played it better as a kid than Cutkosky does here. This fellow here was obviously aware of 'bad' portrayals and really falls flat trying to be manipulative with that stare of his.

The most amazing hiccup I saw first off was when Pino was getting the child held hostage out of the play tunnel, he utterly failed at making any attempt to get the gun from Henry, which would have been the absolutely ideal moment to do so. The hostage was clear and Henry was having to make his way out of that tunnel with a gun in his hand. This kid wasn't a Gulf War vet.

Then there was Henry's talking to the blonde lady officer, "can I hold your gun? You're very pretty." Hiding a butcher knife (which we are told is kept locked up, but Henry knew where the key was hidden) under his pillow would have been the last straw, especially after officers had investigated him for pushing his sister down the stairs. Things would not have escalated like this; oh, okay, we don't have any substantial evidence, do we? A clearer picture of psychopathic behavior would have been more innocent in nature; when Henry's mother told him it was time to go to bed, he would have silently reclined as if to sleep, then put that knife to work.

But the show seemed to think hostile attitude was all part of the behavior, as well as 'unnerving' the unsuspecting potential victims, like when he requested to hold the gun or something.

A child with a psychopathic nature would have definitely been more "I don't know" when asked why they do what they do, as tho something or someone else was definitely to blame, not come across with all this anger seen here.

Don't rely on the depiction seen here.

Astonishingly Bad 'Cause' Episode, 7 October 2016

Gun control and birth control were explored in this episode, but in a phenomenally bad and unrealistic way.

In essence, the problem here is the character Jonah, who has a job, but seems to think he is entitled to say what he can and cannot do on the job.

If this were the case, then there are endless teen-agers who would be paid for doing nothing, as they are offended at being told what to do.

Since gun control is a liberal issue, the episode sought to achieve a balance with another character protesting birth control, but in his attempt to control the selling of the morning after drug, he purchases all the pills THEN turns around and must SELL them as he spent too much money on the non-refundable items.

We get nothing like this with the gun control issue. Oh, I have to do my required job, which is sell these guns, or I won't get a paycheck.

Tossed in is an astonishingly ridiculous sub-plot with crows in the store.

In the end, the episode offers no humor (as tho it were lightening these topics) and resolves nothing on either issue, so no point of the entire episode.

Josh Cooke Made Augie Unlikable and Annoying, 28 September 2016

Which was who Augie needed to be. The hacker Augie emerged as unbelievably annoying as he hacked into various sites, only to now find himself pursued by hit men from various international organizations.

When his own personal information is jeopardized by the assassins, now Augie is worried and afraid.

Cooke, as Augie, made Augie unlikable from one extreme to the other, realizing how much he didn't know when he thought he knew so much. It was quite a turn-around in character.

At no time do you root for Augie with what he had done, nor is there any sympathy for him afterwards. It was an interesting transition.

As for the hacking, woe unto those who engage in such behavior, but it seems to be the way of the world these days.

Overall, an interesting episode dealing with the topic.

Amazingly Convoluted, 30 August 2016

Hair-brained schemes is one thing, but this episode just throws things all out of proportion. Lucy wants to impress rich society women who all happen to have maids, so she has to work as a maid so she can hire a maid for herself to impress these ladies. It's all just a bit too far-fetched.

On top of this, we get Kathleen Freeman as the maid she hires, essentially reprising the same thing on I Love Lucy when Lucy hired a maid to help out with Little Ricky and she ended up doing more work than before, but this time the subtlety of Lucy Ricardo's intimidation is lost with Freeman, nevermind Freeman appeared on several earlier episodes as a neighborhood buddy, when she enters here, it's to 'special guest star' applause.

So now what will the punchline be? Lucy pandering to her maid or being the rich woman's maid? For some strange reason, I couldn't help but ponder this was only something Ball would know about how rich women deal with their help.

In the end, the final 'joke' is so extremely contrived, it's amazing to behold, with Lucy and Viv cackling out some clichéd tunes of other nationalities, and wearing bizarre little 'disguises'.

But it's an incredibly weak plot; I have to be a maid so I can hire a maid.

Over Forty Years Between Viewings, 29 August 2016

We watched the Lucy Show as kids and loved it, having never seen I Love Lucy at that time. Now, over forty years later, I'm watching many of these episodes my siblings and I sat gathered around the TV, glaring in amusement at her antics.

By far, the shower episode was our favorite. I've since told my mother she should be glad we had no glass door shower like that, as we'd definitely have tried to do that.

I just watched the contact lens episode, essentially as the other review says, a knock-off of the I Love Lucy BBQ episode, the assumptions as to what must have happened play out even more far-fetched than it does here.

It was feasible in ILL for Lucy to deduce the ring must have fallen into the cement (maybe a bit extreme), but it was a tad more incredulous for Ricky to figure out it fell from his shirt.

This time, Lucy leaps to the conclusion her contact lens fell out into the icing on the cake. It could just as easily have been anywhere on the kitchen floor.

Secondly, fear of Mr. Mooney knowing she lost the expensive lens is rather moot when she purchases fifteen chocolate cakes.

The purpose of destroying the cakes is rather dismissive when she learns where her cake really is.

Nevertheless, I remember the amusement at her destroying the cake, but her reason for doing so, as she gives here, is bogus and accepted, whereas on ILL it was hysterical when she told the truth and left Ricky completely bewildered at how she'd think.

I recorded it this time when it aired. I intend on watching it again.

Hiller, All Wendy Hiller, 22 August 2016

In watching many of these Hitchcocks, they run the usual route to the point of absolutely predictable, making even quirky comic book stories seem more compelling.

In this instance, it was all the prim and properness of Hiller and how even she can make a mistake trying to look out for one of her students.

Had she verbally confronted Gloria with her suspicions early on, instead of relying on a letter, she could have explained she saw Gloria while at the book store, where she was buying a book for Gloria.

It's a peculiar commentary on a woman not being allowed about by herself; she must be escorted.

The involvement of Ben was a bit overwhelming, but it delivered the shocked behavior of Hiller at the end. I suppose it also opened up how she couldn't even trust Gloria as well.

Best worth noting was a reference to Gloria as 'p.c.' standing for 'privileged character' and what it means for us today.

Hazel Meets Florence Jean Castleberry?, 19 August 2016

Diane Ladd, the first Flo, not Polly Holliday, the best-known Flo, from Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, then the follow-up show, Alice, appears as the southern cousin who would not leave.

It's up to Hazel to get rid of her.

Partially amusing to think of Oscar nominee Florence Jean Castleberry encountering Oscar Winner Lola from Little Sheba.

At a slight glance, it did seem to be Laura Dern in the role, even down to the hairdo.

Pity they never managed to take things full circle and Shirley Booth appear on Alice, with Holliday or Ladd when she appeared on there as Belle. Then we would have had maid meeting waitress meeting waitress.

Tribal Law Says We Do Not Get Along With Other Tribe, 16 August 2016

When the chief's son from another tribe is injured, it is up to the cave family to nurse him back to health, but the other tribe thinks they have captured his son.

When Katy and Lok seek to tell the other tribe of the misunderstanding, they are taken captive, but fortunately John Butler has a solution for getting the superstitious tribe to relinquish the prisoners.

In the end, both tribes come to a friendly understanding, just in time to contend with their true threat and the reason for the catapults in the first place.

John Butler's 'summoning' for the angry sky gods is very similar to Race Bannon's native god disguise with the red berry dye in the old Jonny Quest episode.

Ironic both were voiced by Mike Road.

He had a bit more fun here with 'hocus pocus' incantations, as compared to Race's loud yelling.

Tribal Law Says Sacred Rock Must Look Over Water, 16 August 2016

A tremor causes the sacred rock called the Keeper to fall off its mantle and the cave family freaks out over water. No one can drink until a new head is in place.

The mothers must do kitchen work and make vines for lifting, while the fathers and the teens go adventuring looking for a new rock.

The small kids are to deliver messages to other tribe members.

Finding a perfect stone, John Butler spends a couple of minutes building a pristine wagon to move the massive object, a wagon that floats as well.

All the while they are pursued by a dinosaur Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Caveman build a device for lifting the stone.

"Yes," says Mrs. Butler. "We call this a block and tackle." "Call it what you want," says Mrs. Cavewoman.

Turns out the big giant head is simply to keep a cork in a geyser.

Page 1 of 87:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]