thehardyboyz2043

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

WrestleMania XIX (2003) (TV)
Much better than expected..., 30 September 2005

A great pay-per-view event and one of the best Wrestlemania's of all time, in my opinion. Now on to the match descriptions and comments.

1. Cruiserweight Championship: Matt Hardy (Champion) vs. Rey Mysterio- This was a good opener, though it should've been about 4 minutes longer. Finish saw Hardy roll Rey up and use the ropes to retain. 7/10

2. Handicap Match: Undertaker vs. Big Show and A-Train-An all right match, really should've had 'Taker win by DQ instead of beating two big heels, but the match wasn't all bad. Nathan Jones run in at the end was nice, as was the Tombstone finish. Limp Bizkit doing Undertaker's intro. was awesome by the way. 6/10

3. Triple-Threat Women's Championship: Victoria (Champion) vs. Jazz vs. Trish Stratus-Not too bad actually, Victoria's actually a decent wrestler, though Jazz is and was clearly the better one here. Finish saw Trish hit a chick kick out of nowhere for the win. 7/10

4. Triple-Threat WWE Tag Team Championship: Team Angle (Champions) vs. Los Guerreros vs. Rhyno and Chris Benoit-A good though very short match, nothing really noteworthy though. 5/10.

5. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho: Great back and forth wrestling contest, actually though Michaels was going to lose, and thought he should've. The finish was nice, a roll-up out of nowhere by Michaels. 10/10

6. Pillow Fight: Catfight girls vs. Stacy Keibler and Torrie Wilson-Purely pointless, could've used the time and added it to other matches. 0/10.

7. World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (Champion) vs. Booker T-Pretty good actually, Booker T proved he deserved the title and I wished he would've won, thought he did win, when he hit that sick Harlem Hangover off the top rope. At least the finish was clean, HHH hit a pedigree in the middle of the ring for the 1-2-3, to retain. 8/10.

8. Street Fight: Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon-A hugely entertaining match, actually thought this was going to be a sluggish bout, but it stunned me. The leg drop off the ladder from Vince on Hogan was sick. Piper's return was a little weird. Finish came with three Hogan leg drops. 10/10

9. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock: A good match, and a good way to close out Austin's active wrestling career. Nice to see the Rock go over even though he left a month after this event. Finish came after a third rock bottom to Austin. 8/10

10. WWE Championship: Kurt Angle (Champion) vs. Brock Lesnar-A great match, even with Kurt's neck hurting him like who knows what. Great back and forth exchanges, and the botched shooting star press by Brock, was one of the sickest landings I've ever seen in wrestling. Amazingly, Brock got back up, F-5'd Angle and won the title. Afterwards, Brock didn't look like he knew where he was. 10/10

Overall I thought this was a great Wrestlemania, all the matches ranged from good to great, except for the Handicap and the Triple-Threat Tag match. 9/10.

WrestleMania XX (2004) (TV)
It sorta all began again, 13 January 2005

Wrestlemania XX probably had the most hype of any WWF/E event since the first Wrestlemania and possibly XIV as well, and for the most part it delivered. At least some of the matches delivered, I'll run them one by one:

1. United States Championship: Big Show (Champion) vs. John Cena: Good opening rap by Cena, as for the match it was basic, might have helped if Show wasn't battling knee problems and if it wasn't so obvious Cena was going to win. Nice finish with Cena using the knucks and hitting the F-U. 5/10.

2. Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Championship Match: Rod Van Dam & Booker T (Champions) vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak vs. La Resistance: This one wasn't needed, I like that WWE got as many guys on the card as they could, but this was a pretty boring match. RVD and Booker T retain the Tag Titles, thankfully. 3/10.

3. Chris Jericho vs Christian: A good match actually, went on longer than I thought it would, but that wasn't a bad thing. Plenty of back and forth exchanges, and the finish held a surprise, with Trish turning heel and joining Christian. 7/10.

4. 2-on-3 Handicap Match: Rock 'n' Sock Connection vs. Evolution: A pretty good match, Randy Orton and Batista were just finding their niche at this point, but they both did a good job. It was nice to see Rock and Mick Foley back and I liked seeing Flair wrestle (the fact he could at his age is amazing to me). Finish saw Orton hit the RKO out of nowhere on Foley for the pin. 8/10.

5. Playboy Evening Gown Match: Sable & Torrie Wilson vs. Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler: Not evening worth talking about. 0/10.

6. WWE Cruiserweight Title Open: Chavo Guerrero (Champion) vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Nunzio vs. Tajiri vs. Shannon Moore vs. Billy Kidman: A good idea, though the match wasn't all that good. Nice spot by Kidman performing the Shooting Star Press to the outside and almost snapping his neck. The finish was typical, Rey lost when Chavo got help from his dad. 5/10.

7. Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar w/Stone Cold as Special Guest Referee: This match sucked and the fans watching agreed, it took almost three minutes for the two to lock up and even longer for the match to end. It was great to hear Austin chants while both Goldberg and Brock got booed, though there were more for Brock. Finish saw Goldberg spear and Jackhammer Brock for the win. Nice post-match stunners from Austin to both guys. 0/10.

8. Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Title Match: Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. Basham Brothers vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team: Not as good as the Raw Four-Way, thankfully it ended quickly. Rikishi and Scotty retained. 3/10.

9. Women's Championship: Victoria (Champion) vs. Molly Holly: If Molly loses she gets her head shaved, well five minutes later she loses. It was a basic match, finish was a backslide pin. The post match stuff was nice, seeing Molly lose her hair gradually.

10. WWE Championship: Eddie Guerrero (Champion) vs Kurt Angle: Good match, though it should've been better. Finish saw Eddie cheat by rolling up Angle and using the ropes. 7/10.

11. Undertaker vs. Kane: Great entrance by Undertaker, until you see him that is. The biker/dead man mix didn't work so well, and it was an okay match. Finish saw Taker hit the Tombstone for the win. 5/10.

12. Triple-Threat World Title Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (Champion) vs. Chris Benoit: Best match of the night, one of the best Wrestlemania main events ever. It was great to see Benoit make Triple H tap, so that slug finally dropped the title to someone who deserved it. 10/10.

This was a good event, though a few of the matches were lackluster. namely Goldberg/Lesnar & The Evening Gown match. 7/10 overall.

WrestleMania X8 (2002) (TV)
Good, but not great, 7 January 2005

Possible Spoilers....

Okay, X-8 wasn't was good as X-7, not by a long shot but it was still good, to a point that is. I'll run the matches by one-by-one.

1. Intercontinental Title; William Regal (Champion) vs. Rob Van Dam: This was an all right match, I've always liked Regal's counter wrestling and RVD's style is just well unique, thankfully RVD stopped Regal from using his trademark brass knucks, so the finish of the match was clean. 6/10.

2. European Title; Diamond Dallas Page (Champion) vs. Christian: It was nice to see DDP back on PPV, though it was a fairly short and therefore somewhat boring match. Diamond Cutter finish was nice though. 4/10.

3. Hardcore Title; Maven (Champion) vs. Goldust: There was no reason for this match. Maven was too green, hadn't really proved himself and there were a few missed spots. Thank god it was over quickly, though numerous title changes happened throughout the show, none of which were very interesting. 1/10.

4. Kane vs. Kurt Angle: Good match, plenty of good spots, wished Kane would have won though. Angle cheating at the end sorta tainted the match. 7/10.

5. Ric Flair vs. Undertaker: Best match of the night in my opinion. Both guys put on tremendous performances, and the finish was pretty cool. Actually thought Taker was going to lose when Arn Anderson spinebusted him, but a tombstone later and it's 10-0 for the Dead Man. 10/10.

6. Edge vs. Booker T: Decent match, but it wasn't really necessary to have this far up the card. 6/10.

7. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall: Good, but very short match. The finish was good as well, Austing stunning both Hall and Nash was nice. 6/10.

8. Four Team Elimination Match, Tag Team Titles; Billy & Chuck (Champions) vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The APA vs. The Dudley Boyz: An all right match, Hardy's (my fav. team) got in some nice double team offense as did the Dudley's, but this one didn't seem to have a lot of energy throughout. 5/10.

9. The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan: All the hype, all the excitement built towards this, surprisingly okay match. It was great to hear the crowd cheer Hogan and boo the crap out of The Rock, but the match was really just a fluff piece, okay for the first few minutes and okay again at the end, but besides the crowd's energy, it wasn't all they made it out to be. 6/10.

10. Triple-Threat Match, Women's Championship; Jazz (Champion) vs. Trish Stratus vs. Lita: Another decent match, with the right person winning, though I would've liked to have seen Lita (my fav. diva) win. 5/10.

11. Undisputed Championship; Chris Jericho (Champion) w/Stephanie McMahon vs. Triple H: One of the dullest matches on the card, and easily the dullest main event ever. Everyone dead and alive knew that Triple H was going to win and it was nice to see him Pedigree Stephanie, but boy did this match suck. 3/10.

It was overall a good show, but it wasn't there best and like another reviewer said began the decline in the WWF (now E) quality.

It's a labor of something all right...., 4 March 2004

(Possible Spoilers) Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" has been called a labor of love, among other things. Well it probably is and I applaud Gibson for having the guts to produce a film about such a touchy subject. Well, personally I don't care how accurate this film is, I found it boring. I don't see that as an attack on the movie's subject matter so much as the film itself. It is just a movie after all, Gibson's interpretation of the events. I don't know how these events go, I haven't read the bible since I was 8 and I won't again, if I have anything to say about it, so I'm not an expert, nor do I plan to be, but I just found this film boring.

The acting by Jim Caviezel as Jesus was good, as was Maia Morgenstern as Mary. The cinematography is excellent, but the pacing movies like a snail stuck in molasses, the film itself seems to go on forever and the much talked about brutality, is nothing to write home about, there a couple of cringing moments, but overall not that brutal. I'd like to close by saying that I work at a movie theatre and I've received some backlash, first for not seeing the film, then stating my opinion on it. I don't see why personally, I'm not attacking the bible, or the beliefs, just the film and that's what it is just a film, nothing more nothing less. *1/2 stars

Eh, it's all right..., 21 August 2003

(Possible Spoilers) sure it's not a great movie and yes the acting, special effects and pretty much everything else had a very Cable TV feel to it, but "The Omega Code" is certainly better than it's horrific sequel, "Megiddo." Yeah, Casper Van Dien is pretty bad, but when you're high point picture was "Starship Troopers" it shouldn't come as a shocker. The story is pretty ship shod but at this one had a story, "Megiddo" sure didn't. The special effects are okay, I've seen better, but there all right given the $12 mil. budget.

Overall, it's not great, but there is something more enjoyable in "Omega Code" than in the atrocious "Megiddo." *1/2 stars.

Push the red button..., 24 July 2003

(Possible spoilers) not many people may know this but "The Crawling Hand" was an early MST3K episode from about '89, I think. Personally, I don't feel this was anywhere near being the worst movie they ever did, but it was still pretty bad. The story consists of an astronaut (whose lines consist mainly of "Push the red button" and "Kill" during which he sounds like a William Shatner wannabe) who is blown up and his remains, but mainly his hand are discovered later on a beach by a frolicking couple, a Swedish chick who has to read cue cards and a James Dean clone. For some reason the "James" guy goes on a killing or a dutch rub spree for any one whose seen the film all the while to NASA scientists (I think) and a dumpy sheriff (Alan Hale Jr., whose surprised)are trying to track him down. It's not really a very good movie, though the MST version was quite funny, for an early episode.

Hulk (2003)
...zzz...zz..boring movie...zzz..., 22 June 2003

(Possible Spoilers) Anyone who wants a detailed version of the plot look at another review, this one's simply a bashing session. Ang Lee's "Hulk" has got to have the most boring exchanges of dialogue in recent film history, the actors seem like they would rather be someplace else (though not nearly as bad as the cast of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones") but it's still pretty painful to watch sometimes. Eric Bana is okay as Bruce Banner, Jennifer Connelly ("A Beautiful Mind") is sorta dull as Banner's ex-flame Betty Ross , Sam Elliott is way to dull as an Army general whose also Betty's father and Nick Nolte as Bruce's father just sounds wasted whenever he talks and that's when you can understand him.

The movie takes way too long explaining the origin of Bruce and by the time he transforms into the Hulk, about 45 mins. in I was about bored to tears. The only time I was even sitting up in my chair was when the Hulk was running from a couple of Army helicopters, while hopping throughout the canyons of Arizona or somewhere in the southwest. Then the movie lags back into more dull discussions, that finally drove me to the point where I just wanted the film to end and it seemed to last forever, especially after the last action sequence, the next scene where Betty and her father talk via cell phone just about drove me mad, because it was so pointless.

The special effects were nice, the Hulk looked real (well about as real as a 10-15 foot green monster can look), though the Hulk dogs looked absolutely terrible and as I said before the sequence where he's evading the Army was intense. This was a terrible movie for the most part, the only saving grace were the special effects. If there happens to be another one, take this in mind, less talking, more hulking. *1/2 out of 4 stars.

Better than the original...., 15 June 2003

(Spoilers) but that's still not saying much given the fact that the first film was a complete and total waste except for Vin Diesel's presence. The sequel cleverly titled ('snicker') "2 Fast 2 Furious" has Paul Walker being recruited by the FBI or CIA or whatever to help them catch a columbian (or mexican or whatever) drug lord (yep, no type casting here at all), so Walker gets his childhood friend (R&B singer Tyrese) to come along for the ride. A lot of car chases ensue, and I mean lots. There's no Vin Diesel this time, so the sources for acting are Tyrese (who's okay) and Walker (who makes Keanu Reeves' Ted seem like a genius. Basically the only saving grace in this movie is one sequence where our heroes pull into a parking garage that's quickly surrounded by police, only to have the squad cars of the said police crushed by souped trucks that come pouring out of the garage, then the remaining cops chase after numerous cars that come pouring out. That's about it, the rest of the movie is loud and annoying. 0 stars.

It's finally here...., 18 April 2003

and you'll probably like this film (if you're a big horror or Rob Zombie fan that is). If you're not then you'll likely find it to be boring and not terribly horrifying. (Possible Spoilers) That was my impression of it at least. I'm not the biggest horror movie fan around, not that I don't like them, I've just never gotten around to seeing a lot of 'em. But I don't have to be a big fan of that genre or any one for that matter to know "House of 1000 Corpses" is a really, really bad movie. I can usually ignore plot and character development if the idea interests me, but despite these low standards for horror flicks, "Corpses" was more or less an irritating mess, with very annoying actors, not the characters, the actors themselves. I'll say this the camera work was interesting, even at times fancy (not very though) and the whole film seemed thrown together. Finally, for all the hype I heard about how bloody, gory and disturbing "Corpses" was, it didn't scare or disturb me at all. I was actually laughing quite a bit, especially during that one scene where there's what seems to be a never ending pause until the cop is shot by one of the killers, it was quite laughable. My overall impression is this film was really not worth being delayed time and time again, because it was too gory and disturbing, if anything it should have been delayed because it's a really, really bad movie. 0 out of 4 stars.

Hmm.... let's see here..., 31 March 2003

"Dreamcatcher" sucks, plain and simple, (which the movie isn't, simple that is) and it took me a couple of days after seeing it to arrive at that decision. (Possible spoilers ahead) I agree with anyone who says the early scenes that introduce the four friends and their ESP gifts are quite effective and feel very real, having Jason Lee and Thomas Jane helped out quite a bit and Damien Lewis was very good. But what does not feel real or in the least bit effective is the remaining 2 hours of the movie. The introduction of the aliens is ridiculous and the special effect are just silly most of the time. The second half of the movie really lost me, like when Morgan Freeman and his army wage war on an alien craft that's nestled in the mountains nearby (located somewhere in Maine, I think). The rest of the flick is a very shoddy mess and only the scenes where we see the inside of Jonesy's (Lewis) mind are noteworthy. It's really an overall giant waste of time, money and talent. Lewis is quite good as Jonesy and Mr. Grey and Jane is good though seems quite dumbfounded by what's going on (as we all are). I found the best line that sums up "Dreamcatcher", while I was watching an MST3K episode called "Future War" and near the end an explosion in a church, happened for some weird reason (that I will not discuss during this review) and one character (Mike) said "Huh?" and another (Tom Servo) said "The movie that delivers more huhs, per second." That I believe is the best way to describe "Dreamcatcher." 0 stars.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]