ajfhoward

The magic of 90s films, 4 November 2013

This is one of my most favourite films. Every time I watch this, it brings me back to the innocence and charm that only films in the 90s seemed to have. Other films which contained this magic are ones like Mrs Doubtfire and Hook. Every time I watch this movie, I always imagined what it would be like to live in this nice small tight-knit community.

The film explores most of the possibilities on how you would take advantage of being able to re-live the same day over and over again. But also the caulse where you can't kill yourself to escape it. The film offers a strong moral at the end of it which is, be nice to people and live every day to its fullest.

The fact that the writers don't explain why the timeloop occurs just adds to the mystery and is definitely one of those moments where it's best not to explain it. I think thats the problem of films today, everything has to be spelt out with an explanation. Sometimes it's best for the viewer to make up their own mind.

Overall a great film, I wish Harold Ramis still made films. Bill Murray's well timed humour is what really drives this film, and it's this film that made me fall in love with this actor. It's a good, wellrounded, family film.

Not as bad as the critics make it out to be but room for improvement, 8 November 2012

The movie is good but with some tweaks it could have been as good as the first movie. I liked the first movie because of its ability to set the scene and create an atmosphere of dread. I thought this movie was... well... too clean. I wanted to be horrified for the characters but I never felt there was a scene which was intense enough for me to be worried for them.

The first movie had me on edge because of guys in creepy hazard suits, messed up janitor monsters coming out of the toilets and generally keeping all these mysteries unexplained until the end. There was only 1 monster which we hadn't seen before, which giving credit where it's due, was awesome! But I wanted to see more original creatures like this. When we're introduced to our old favourites, there's no surprise.

The acting was good and the return of Claudia is very good. But I wanted to see more of her as well. Another thing that hasn't been mentioned by others is the music. The music didn't put me on edge enough.

The movie makes the best use of 3D I have ever seen and it's definitely worth going to see for that.

The storyline didn't make me wonder "oh why did that happen?". It was just very black and white. As in, this is the problem, we need to do this, this and this and that will happen and that is pretty much what we get without any twists and turns.

In summary, the acting and 3D makes this a good movie. But the lack of new creatures, lack of storyline to make me wonder what's going to happen next and lack of atmosphere made me feel disappointed.

The most dynamic series by far (with the exception of Scrappy), 2 November 2007

This was actually my favorite series of Scooby Doo when I was younger. I thought each episode had more of an edge to it and the villains had a lot of creative thought put into them (and even very scary and believable as well). Some of the best episodes were "I Left My Neck In San Francisco", "Twenty Thousand Screams Under The Sea", "The Ghoul, The Bat And The Ugly" and "When You Wish Upon A Star Creature". If you have never seen these episodes please do. This series was a bit of a mixed bag though as there were other episodes which didn't seem to have the same kind of edge to them such as "Rocky Mountain YIIII!" and "The Ransom Of Scooby Chief". As like the series before it, it was very well put together, interesting storyline and brilliantly drawn. As everyone says though, it would have been so much better without Scrappy Doo. The character was tiresome and distracting to the story that was being told.