MuggySphere

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Fun, fun, fun....... This show was fun and warning of possible spoilers., 1 April 2017

Well where do I begin? I bought this show on a whim, I knew of the show but had not seen it before so I really had no real expectations of what it would be like once I started watching it.

However I found myself really liking this show a lot. They had a good cast of characters, they were played well, and the show is for the most part a lot of fun.

I think my favourite parts of the show were H G Wells, and their take on Wells being that the actual author was a woman, who had her brother stand in for her because in those days a woman being a successful science fiction author would have been unheard of. Also the time machine not being an actual time machine but it moves your consciousness from your body to someone in the time period you want to visit. I liked those ideas.

Overall I had a blast watching this series and it's one of my favourites right next to Farscape.

Eyeborgs (2009)
Fun fun fun, 6 December 2013

I enjoyed this... This was fun.

Possible future in which an advanced AI has control of remote cameras that are now mobile and can move and act. And act they do. They chop, slice and dice anyone perceived as a threat.

I enjoyed the ride and plan to get this if it's on DVD.

I did have a plot point that bugged me. If the system was so intelligent it could fake the president why didn't it just announce itself and be done with? If the AI wants to be in total control of America why didn't it just seize control? Other then that minor nitpick I loved this.

Good episode, religious fanatics lead to conflict., 10 October 2013

This was a great episode however yeah Enterprise now has the security of a jar of lollies.....

Yay! Captain Archer helps a band of people that look helpless. Then what do you know the help is turned back on them because they're all living bombs, led by a fanatical nut case...

And speaking of security what the hell. A toddler with a rattle could take over the ship. Where is the system backup? The database is deleted and there's no backup. Not even a password to the vital commands, like say the ones that delete important data? That bit left me kind of speechless, sheer bad writing..

But overall I thought it a good episode.

What a ride? I loved this., 30 March 2013

Well phew.............

Just finished season 5 earlier the previous evening. Almost 24 hours on and still buzzing. I loved it.

Season 5 was not as bad as I thought it could have been. It was spotty here and there, but that was due to the budget cuts the show has taken. aside from that I loved it. But season 1 and 2 will be my favourites. And now that it ended I feel sad. The last 20 minutes left me feeling sad. Trance is my faovurite character. Who wouldn't want to have a living sun as their friend. That would be so awesome...

Also I loved the design of the ships. The Eureka Maru was untidy, cluttered and on the outside looked like a ship that was made to do lots of heavy work. The Andromeda looked sleek and looked like it was built for war. Though the smooth lines make it very beautiful to look at I would have liked to have had just a little bit more roughness around the edges, say a few exposed guns or such on the hull. To me that says "warship." Just my opinion.

I think they ended it pretty damn well, and did the best that they could do with what they had....

Surpisngly fun, enjoyed this, but it does have faults, 23 July 2011

This was a surprisingly good film. I really did enjoy this when I got it on DVD. Missed it at the cinema. Anyway yes was quite enjoyable, so much so that I have watched it twice already in the first week of owning the film. Something I very rarely would do..

The story is a fun take on the classic tale and many a twist and turn ensue. At first I thought the werewolf was actually Peter the woodcutter's son who the heroine Valerie is in love with, despite being pledged to the blond haired Henry who is rich and wealthy. The two males are total opposites. Henry is blond and has the all around good guy look while Peter wears a lot of black and is a bit aloof, always wanting a bit of adventure..

Basically Valerie and her family live in this village in medieval times that is plagued by a werewolf. Every month they leave out a sacrifice of an animal for it as they have an uneasy truce with the creature. But the wolf ups the ante by killing Valerie's older sister. So the village is in panic and want revenge. They call in the help of a famous werewolf hunter played by Gary Oldman and he kind of steals the show with his character.. Very well done on his part.

I won't reveal who the wolf is but it's not that obvious until the last 20 minutes of the film then it makes sense, who it might be.

Overall a fun film. But here lie the faults. It's a village with snow falling yet no one breathes misty breath when outside. Come on can't we have just a little bit of authenticity here. Every movie I see with snow has this fakery. How hard would it have been to even CGI some mist for talking scenes outside? Oh and you can sometimes see the stage floor where the set and walls are. Noticed this on the 2nd viewing. But it didn't hamper enjoyment of the film. Did love the costumes and that they were excellent.

7/10 from me.

Fantastic. This was so much fun., 23 August 2010

I cant' help but love this show. Brought back so many memories of the toys I had growing up. It was just so much fun.

I have to say my favourite show was the house made out of Lego. That was just brill to see a whole life sized house made out of Lego bricks and using construction techniques based on Lego.

Second favourite was the train where they tried to get the longest model train line going and just nearly made it but the train died.... And the Scalextric car setup was fantastic. with the slot car track going down roads and stuff, and across a river.

I'd recommend this show to anyone that wants a fantastic light hearted look at the toys we grew up with.

Have not seen this in a very, very long time., 23 January 2009

And I have to change my score from 7 to 6. It's been quite some time since I saw this film under the same title on an old VHS from my local video library. That was some 20 odd years ago.

Some scenes seem different to me now. The rapes are vivid and quite alarming, and they don't look like they have changed those scenes at all since last viewing this. Leslie Anne Down did a marvelous job of playing Tessa the first victim who can not speak or, do much else after being attacked. Understandable of course.

There is one scene I remember, even from my first viewing of this of a girl in the school library and the headmistress' sleazy husband. She asks him to, and I quote "could you steady me?" I'm thinking this translates to helping her stand on the chair. But he holds her with both hands on her waist, and as she stands then proceeds to move his hands along the curve of her hips and then push her skirt up... You see that in the scene then as his hand gets high they cut to her face with her looking down with a puzzling expression. It looks like a half smile on her face, as if she either doesn't care what is going on or might even like it. Anyway the scene is gross...

Overall the movie tries to be serious, the only serious part is what happens to poor Tessaa played by Lesley Ann Down.... In the end the rapist finds her again right before the film ends but he is dispatched in the most silly manner that I can recall ever seeing.

So after watching this today I don't think I'd give it another go. Pass and put this DVD in the bin.

Eagle Eye (2008)
I was quite underwhelmed......., 23 January 2009

I was totally underwhelmed with this.

The action pieces on their own were good, but when they were all tied together and put into the one movie Eagle Eye becomes quite underwhelming. I liked the set pieces of all the action but this movie did not satisfy me as a whole.

Shia Labouf's acting was alright, as was his co star Michelle Monaghan. They performed their roles well, given the material that they were given.

Once ARIA was introduced I knew things would go from bad to worse. I figured it was behind all the voices on the phones once the computer was introduced to us. Up until that movement I thought it was a real woman ordering everyone around..

ARIA is the most amazing computer in all of movie making, for she can not only direct every single traffic light around you to guide you away from harm but if your car has a GPS unit inside she can take over the GPS and even take control of the car... What a machine? Not to mention that wrecking yard and those cranes, now really who would put that kind of automation into cranes on a wrecking yard so no one need be actually there to drive them..

I didn't much like the resolution to this all. A bit too easy, just pull out all her memory boards, drain the cooling fluid and pike her in the eye. Was that a rip off of GLADOS from the Portal game. Looked a lot like that...

6/10 and that's being generous

Iron Man (2008)
Very Disappointed, 21 October 2008

Well for all the hype I was severely disappointed. The dialogue was not that great. It felt like the same people that did the atrocious dialogue in Transformers did this movie too. it had wonderful special effects. but special effects do not a good story make.

The actors were top notch. I liked that they cast Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow as they're excellent actors, but an actor can only do so much if they are given IMHO a lousy script. Anyway our two male and female leads did their jobs well and I did like them.

As a propaganda piece for the US of A it's wonderful. Lots of flag waving moments, and big things going bang in enemy territory. hoo-rah.

Did like the dogfight between Iron Man and the F22's. That was cool.

I hope if they make Iron Man 2 it gets a much better script and story, as this was less then a Saturday morning cartoon series.

Not impressed 5/10

Far Cry (2004) (VG)
Fun fun fun..... Forget the plot this was fun, 25 August 2008

Well I thought so anyway.

The game was a ton of fun. Lots of exploring and fun things to do but aside from that there's not much that kept me coming back. I do love the locations and the look and feel of the game.

The way all the islands look and how you move about is simply fantastic. But that I'm afraid is window dressing. All you seem to do is explore from place to place, shoot anything that moves that isn't already shooting at you, and that's about it. Then the game ends when you finish the last level in the Volcano.

Some of the atmosphere is also good. One scene in particular when you are in a tunnel like area and these monsters called Trigens jump out at you. That does kinda scare me sometimes when playing this, and it's not that often a game or such can do that.

There are some frustrating parts in there for me too like one part where you venture into what looks like a kitchen area with mercenaries in it. They'll shoot you but you can take them out, then from in the back of the room out a toilet door hordes of these monsters jump out at you making it a little hard to kill them all and escape unhurt.

But I had to keep returning to this spot and kept trying, and eventually did beat that level.

Overall can't say I didn't have fun but would have liked it had they given the game a bit more story and that would have helped make the islands feel that much more real.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]