sherrie shaw

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Twilight (2008/I)
Not as good as I hoped ...., 11 February 2009

Well, all the people I talked to it was 50-50 on how they felt about this movie. I decided to go check it out before it left the theaters and well me and 4 other strangers (along with 2 children under the age of 2) watched a movie that could have been so much better. I was disappointed I really expected more after hearing all the hype. It was very slow, and there was a lot of holding back (I guess due to the rating?). The girl who played Bella was BORING. The guy who played Edward was over the top, you know, over acting. The guy who played Jasper, what was he doing, was he channeling Edward Scissorhands, come on. I guess since this was really meant for younger viewers the whole thing was really tame so in that sense it was okay. I guess I'm just so used to seeing no holds barred in any movie or TV these days I'm getting a bit callus about sweet and innocent. I read the 4 book series and liked all but the last one so I'll give the next movie a chance as well. Parents there is nothing to worry about in letting your teenagers see this movie. Things I really liked was the scenery and the copper looking contacts the vamps wore when they were newly fed other than that, I got nothing.

If you liked the 2 before this one ......, 10 February 2009

Then you will probably like this one as well. I love that it's shot in the blue tones, cause it's so much more dramatic. Micheal Sheen was amazing!!! I just really like these kinds of movies. If you haven't seen the other 2 movies, Underworld and Underworld: Evolution, I suggest you watch them first. Missed Kate Beckinsale in this movie but, it dawned on me this one was the prequel story before she was a part of it. The sets and costuming were also amazing. When I saw this movie I was one of 6 people in the theater so glad I went when I did. I wouldn't have wanted to see this on a TV screen. For those of you who decided not to see cause someone told you it wasn't worth it, or it wasn't as good as the first two, I say see for yourself and you be the judge.

16 Blocks (2006)
one of the better movies I never heard anything about!!, 2 July 2006

I had remembered sitting in the theater and seeing the ads for this movie thinking "Man, I haven't seen Bruce Willis in a movie in a long time, hope it's good". When it came out it must have come and gone really fast cause I never saw it advertised on TV or heard anyone even mention it. I just happened into Blockbuster yesterday and there it was on the shelf so I picked it up. It was a good movie. The story was good. The characters were good. The actors played well off each other. The guy who played Eddie had a really annoying voice but he was such a likable character that it didn't ruin the movie as I thought it might (didn't know if I could sit through a 2 hour movie and listen to it). This is one of those movies that had an alternate ending as well and actually both were good. As I said in my summary, this is one of the better movies I never heard anything about. Rent it, you won't be sorry.

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 20 October 2005

I heard a review of this movie last night and one guy said he hated it and that Orlando Bloom was NOT the best choice for this part. The other one said it made him cry several times in the movie and that he felt Orlando was perfect for the part because of his awkwardness to emotion, like he didn't know what to do. I have to agree with the latter guy I think the awkwardness was perfect in the beginning and as the movie progressed he was letting his guard down more and more till it all fit in the perfect spots. He has such soulful eyes and a I need a hug look that you just fall in love with his character. I'm not a big Dunst fan but I really liked her character in this film as well. You just totally get everything going on from the meeting of the Elizabethtown side of the family, to the road trip home. It was just great and I loved it!!!! Please do yourself a favor and go see it for yourself.

intense!!!!!!!, 15 September 2004

I don't think I have cried so much in a movie in my life. I am not a religious person but the graffic torture in this film just brought me to my knees. If people back then are like people are now, I have no doubt that this was the way it went down. Everyone is happy as long as nothing goes wrong but when it does .................. the guy in charge better watch out. James Caviezel was phenomenal.

I have to admit that if this movie was made in English it wouldn't have had the impact that it does. The cinematography was amazing. Kudos to Mel Gibson, I think he did a great job. I'm glad that I waited till it came out on video cause as I said before I cried during the torture scenes which was about 45 minutes of the movie. It's one of those you can't look away sort of things. You really want to but, you just can't. I agree with others that this is NOT, and I repeat, NOT a movie for children.

Non-stop action, 29 July 2004

For those of you who really liked The Bourne Identity, you will REALLY like The Bourne Supremacy. It is non-stop action for the entire hour and 48 minutes you're there. I don't know about anybody else but I have been pleasantly surprised by Matt Damon's abilities in the action genre of films. I always thought of him as goofy but he has made a believer out of me that he CAN and HAS pulled it off not once, but twice! There are many twists and turns and a few surprises as well. There were several big names in this one as well Julia Stiles, Brian Cox, Joan Allen and, an added bonus (for me that is), Karl Urban. I enjoyed him in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and was glad to see him in something completely different (all though I have seen him a few low budget films). Anyway, it's a great movie and you should really see it in the theater to get the full effect.

Troy (2004)
so many beautiful men ..............., 18 June 2004

I saw Troy today and I don't think I have ever seen so many beautiful men in one movie in my whole life. Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, all of them beautiful, yet so macho (well maybe Orlando wasn't so macho). Who cares if they spend the entire movie in skirts they looked fabulous??? The bloody battles were just as I would have pictured them to be. The honor between kings or leaders and the men who laid their life down for them was awe inspiring. The sets were amazing, the interspursed stories between battle scenes were touching. All in all I really enjoyed it. I love these epic movies! I saw a few faces that I hadn't seen in a while, Nigel Terry (who I will always remember as King Arthur in "Excalibur) There was also Peter O'Toole (who could forget those beautiful blue eyes of his), and Julie Christy. If you're going to see this movie, please see it in the theater, that's the way it was meant to be seen (then you can rent or buy it on DVD and watch it at home).

Paycheck (2003)
Really liked it, 21 May 2004

I have read the short story this movie was based on and I think I liked the movie better cause I'm more of a visual person. I guess basing it on a story means, just that, cause there were many things in the movie that I don't remember from the book. Anyway, I really liked it. You want the bad guys to get what they deserve and you want the good guys to as well. I really liked how he has to figure out how all the things he sent to himself would help him along the way. Uma was pretty good in this as well. As with any movie with Ben Affleck there's NO romantic chemistry that you can see between the 2 characters but thankfully that wasn't a lot of screen time set aside for that. It's pretty fast paced with very few lagging spots.

Pleasantly surprised, 10 April 2004

I didn't have real high hopes for this one but it turned out to be pretty good after all. Seann William Scott was pretty amusing. The Rock was definitely used to his full potential. He has the body, the moves, the coolness factor, his acting was good. That's what I like about him he seems to take roles that are believable for him, you know bruiser parts. Both guys were pretty easy on the eyes. I love action movies that have a sense of humor as well and this movie had that. All actors played well off each other. I really enjoyed the surprise cameo appearance in the beginning. Christopher Walken played his usual (although expected) weirdo part. Rent and enjoy.

21 Grams (2003)
Wow, what a depressing movie!!!, 21 March 2004

This is one of those pictures that if you're not willing to give 100% of your brain power to, you might as well forget watching it. This is a story of 3 totally unrelated people and how one moment in time connects them forever. This was a very deep and dark story and not for everyone (there is not one single thing in this movie that will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling, I assure you). I travels between the present and the past, very erratically, I may add so you MUST pay attention at all times or you might miss a very important piece to the puzzle. Sean Penn, Naomie Watts and Benicio Del Toro all gave outstanding performances in their own right. It's a movie that shows how one moment in time can change your life, and those around you, forever. Depression is a serious mood and it's shown here like I've never seen it shown before. How each character handles their sorrow and their need for redemption or revenge is way over the top. It really makes you think about what you, yourself, might do in this situation. It's a good movie but it's VERY depressing and I'm not sure that all will be feel that there was closure in the story (I'm not sure myself that there was).

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]