shatguintruo

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Woody and Turturro, 12 August 2014

Amazingly this movie ... both in the aspect of direction and interpretation ... John Turturro in the role of Fioravante is priceless! With a striking expression that becomes difficult to know which will be your next reaction ... Woody in the role of Murray

follows the same path in the interpretation aspect ... In fact, I suspect that Woody gave "some tips" for Turturro. Scenes worthy of attention are those in which the character of Woody is taken to the board of rabbis knew ... Turturro lead the scenes, keeping intact the "razor's edge" ... There is known to have what is you face a situation in which they enter the "heart" and "head"? And Vanessa Paradis? What interpretation! Wonderful! And the end ... worthy of appearing on the Hall of the greatest "the end" of history ... Ah! Another aspect: Turturro followed "in totum" the films of Woody: the ability to tell a story in a short period of time, something that most directors do not yet learned. After all, this Internet Broadband, who has time to "put up" 140 minutes of film projection (in the movie) or DVD? As for the quote, on a scale of 1 to 10, my vote is 9.

Sudden Changes?, 29 July 2014

Chris Costner Sizemore, the real person which originated the movie stated: "Despite authorities contraries affirmations, my prior "alter egos" were not fragments of my personality when I was born. They were entities, in their own rights, that lived with my personality before I was born. They were not me, but they lingered intrinsically related with me which means: They were me." The phrase above assumes that Chris was not convinced of the explications given by the psychoanalysts (atheists, in the vast majority) then pursued other sources of explanations. As The United States of America, had always been replenished of bookshops carrying all sorts of themes and subjects, maybe went and bought a book on the subject of Tibetan Philosophy which explains our existence, through many incarnations, always remaining the EGO, that animates several personalities, whom are nothing but a diversity of role plays that the EGO has to perform to learn in this Physical World.

As for the movie itself, it is borderline ridiculous, as a former medicine student, I could verify authentic cases of multiple personality, and none of the inmates changed instantly, as reported in this movie: -May I speak to Mrs. "X"? And just in sequence the other personality "speaks" : -Yes, you may...

That was not the way the inmates behaved, but yes, there were some episodes that lasted for several strait days, thus being totally impossible a sudden change.

I believe that the authors of the book "embelished" the reality for the readers, in their majority laymen, as they could in this way capture the essence of the story.

Joanne's interpretation is magnificent, following exactly what Director Nunnally "ordered her to do". (A more than deserved Oscar) The cinematography of Stanley Cortez (two Oscar nominations) in black and white is splendid.

In a scale of 1 to 10, my vote is: 4.

Movie , just an other wonderful movie, 17 July 2014

Interpret is the art of conveying emotions of a character to the viewers. Based on this premise, Billy Bob Thornton gives us a masterly interpretation. Notice: the character (Ed Crane) is introspective and he keeps all his feelings for him, until an opportunity arises in which he will externalize it. The safe hands of director Joel Cohen the movie unfolds without the viewer be aware of the time.How many movies did you see with this attribute? I'm sure you may count... from to one to ....? Ladies and Gentlemen: this is movie! And movie with capital "m". In order not to spoil the surprises (especially in the final minutes) I will refrain from quoting scenes. On a scale 1-10 I vote 9.

I can see your soul, 31 July 2013

A bored teacher. Despondent. A search for the fountain of youth. ( Oh! How it's dreadful growing old! If I only could stay forever young, in all the splendour of my 15, 16 years... ).

Alás, now suddenly arises everything I would like to be. And how this appeared? Through myself? No... Through my wife, Jeanne, an intellectual like myself. accomplice of all my successes and all my failures. an open dialogue, for better or worse. A boy, yet, Claude Garcia who challenges me. I, who always thought of myself as being the best, now in my mature years I can read between the lines, in all my conversations with any person, a little bit of their personality. How I acquired this ability? It came from all the literature I have absorbed over the years. This would surely be Germain's thought, if we were given the power to enter his mind. With this movie, François Ozon gives us a present: It is the old story of the sphinx: decipher me or be devoured. The sphinx: François Ozon... who is about to be devoured? We, The spectators. In the purpose of what I have just written: remember the scene in which Claude just made love with Jeanne? The way he faces sideways the camera? Traces of a smile, such as Leonardo Da Vinci's La Gioconda... "enigmatic"... (Is it really a smile or isn't? Is she shy or is she a challenge?) The movie is almost a reality show, many things are left to the imagination of the ones who appreciate this genre. Germain is a voyeur, though he might not know it, or perhaps he knows but denies it to his wife and even to himself, voyeur still, nevertheless. Claude Garcia realises this since his first talk with the "master". Henceforth, he unravels a plot which the ending he already knows. And it is so clever that makes with Germain thinks that HE is the one who directs the plotting. To finalize: impeccable masterpiece for all those who go to the movies in search for more than just a fun and amusing blockbuster. In a scale of 1 to 10, I give this movie: 10 (masterpiece).

Strange...but beautiful, 6 July 2013

Strange movie this ... to begin is a short film and I confess that I am not a fan of short film. The story is about a young man who is sent to fight without further analysis of his psychological profile. If, prior to entering the war he was already problematic, after then gets even worse ... psychosis is such that any noise scares him ... any attempt to approach with other people becomes an unsolved problem ... isolated, with no means of communicating with other people, he builds himself an impenetrable cocoon ... scared, scares the loved ones, including his little sister, the one who nourishes brotherly love, almost obsessive. With a mother who does not understand his behavior, this misunderstanding increases insofar as the days go by, since his arrival, to the tragic outcome which is not shown to the spectator, only remaining on screen the child's face, forced to witness such dramatic scene (the film has the beginning: August 31 and ends just at the beginning of September). On a scale of 1 to 10, vote: 9

Amour (2012)
Love and death, 19 January 2013

Once more Michael Hanecke surprises the spectator with an opening scene. Just as in "Caché!", this one is overwhelming. In the very beginning of the movie, quick paced scenes, abrupt cuts then the camera stays static, "open image" focusing on the audience with a voice in "off"of a woman welcoming the crowd asking them to turn off their cell phones, etc... The vision we have is the one we would've if we were that presenter, such one we never see no-in one moment, neither we do see what's coming next. The character Anne now is lost in that sea of faces. The spectator awaits all the time (at least the ones whom have watched many movies) for the image to back up slowly to see the presenter that after so many applause entered the scene. From now on the "great magician and movie maker" Michael Hanecke "has got you" (Caché)... Nothing else for you to do but to "glue your eyes to the silver screen" and follow the drama that's about to unfold before you, one that you'll become a par of "that sea of faces", even just virtually! Not to spoil the surprise that the director has reserved for us, let us approach some of the scenes worthy of figuring in a hall of one of the best scenes of all times: 1) Scene in which Anne (Emmanuelle Riva) has the first cerebral attack, eyes glazed, completely spaced out, leaving totally perplexed her husband Georges (Jean Louis Trintignant) who does not know what is going on (he thinks his wife is just joking); 2) Scene in which Anne's cold and distant gaze, for seconds transforms in hatred, when Georges refuses to perform euthanasia; 3) Scene in which it is heard an indistinctive noise, "waking up" Georges, whose equilibrium is already seriously compromised (he tries to get up from the bed, falls down and with much difficulty he stands up); 4) Then the noise is revealed: Anne "reapears" washing the dishes and turning to Georges: "I am almost done, soon we'll be able to leave..." Metaphoracly: the dishes(plates and cutlery and glasses) something we use to put on the thing that nourishes our bodies, water to keep us alive... Nothing more is necessary anymore... Death came to free them from the slavery; put your coat on to keep you from getting cold (death's cold). 5) Closing this magnetic movie, Eva (Isabelle Huppert) enters the apartment that served as the stage for the tragedy (now the image becomes splendorous, clear, with brighter colors) as if she had left once and for all a psychoanalyst's couch... In a scale of 1 to 10, I vote 10 (master piece).

Laugh a Lot, 9 June 2012

Pleasant surprise! The director Giovanni Veronesi presents us with a film with a format already used in films directed by other directors, but with a unique sense of humor ... When the story moves toward mawkishness, Veronesi immediately "speaks to us", "Hey, you're watching a comedy, remember?" And then in a matter of seconds the laughter comes spontaneous, magical ... In my opinion, Carlo Verdone and Donatella Finocchiaro give us a real "show" the interpretation! Magnificent two with the episode number two! Robert De Niro once again shows that it is an extremely versatile actor ... His strip is comic and the comic actor knows to be dosed ridicule ... And Monica Belucci? Beautiful, lush mature at the age ... ready to be "harvested" with a seductive aspect ... Cinematography made ​​with care and that captures the atmosphere and Italian ... On a scale of 1 to 10, vote is 9.

Breathing (2011)
Poignant..., 30 May 2012

Through the magnificent photography of Martin Gschlacht, we take science, right in the opening scenes, that we are facing a movie totally different then those we saw before. Initially controversial (due to the fact of stupendous interpretation of Thomas Schubert) Roman Kogler will creeping in our imagination as one more important character in movie's history. Take, for example, the scene in which, after more day of labor, he comes back to "his home" : when he observes the others passengers, as if the was trying to guess how the lives of those "unknown": Are they happy? Do they fight among themselves? Do they have enough money to sustain themselves? What are theirs aspirations (secret or not)? After all these thoughts, the final question (made in silence to himself and looking out through the glass train's window, which reflects his inner loniless): And how my life would be without having to go back to "home" = Prison? Poignant film! Karin Lischka (almost the same level of interpretation of Thomas Schubert) is simply sensational when she reveals brutally, bluntly, that she tried to kill his own son! Must-see movie for all those who enjoy a film in which the Director (Karl Markovics) seeks to dissect with a scalpel, the soul of all his characters. On a scale of 1 to 10, rating: 10 (masterpiece).

Who has not had the will?, 30 April 2012

Director Bobcat Goldthwait practically unknown to me gives us magnificent driving lesson! Through an agile camera, perfect setting and an exceptional performance by Joel Murray, the film is all that we, ordinary citizens would like to do. For some time that I have left frequenting movies, theater, concerts, because there's always someone with the cell phone on, and the worst ... answers calls ... makes one want to do as Frank does ... In shopping malls in life ... is the same ... people who think the world revolves around them, occupy the vacancies for small cars and large cars put ... makes you want to do what Frank does ... Tara Lynne Barr in the role of Roxy, gives an excellent performance, accompanied by Mackenzie Brooke Smith (Ava) promising actress. The film resembles another Falling Down directed by Joel Schumacher in which the main character also "goes mad" with the situations experienced by all of us that we holding everything until (in real life) not to "explode", we punch the walls,the doors cabinets, the doors, etc ... In my opinion this is a movie-catharsis, and ... costs less than a session of analyst ... On a scale of 1 to 10, vote 9

When the God is Money, 30 March 2012

L'Apollonide Again the French film gives us images that will last forever in our memory. The director Bertrand Bonelle supported by a cast of first category (Céline Sallette, Alice Barnole and Noémie Lvovsky) can bring the characters closer all the sadness and rare moments of joy of prostitutes living in a French brothel in the late nineteenth century. Using the metaphorical language of colors used by painters of the classic era of Peter Paul Rubens what the film gives us is several times (especially one in which the screen splits and some scenes are momentarily frozen) of pure visual delight. What else comes to our notice is the character (Madeleine, "the Jew" who has his face disfigured by a stupid frequenter of the house of tolerance that is intended to be the owner of that "lump of flesh" designed used only for their selfish and despicable pleasure , undergoes the humiliation of being tied up in bed, taken by the illusion that eventually will be sought in marriage, without realizing what is before one be worse than a an irrational animal. At times it is impossible not to compare this film with another: Belle DE Jour. Occurs in this case the character played by Catherine Deneuve seeks the house of Madame, is to see his true sexuality while in L'Apollonide, the characters work to get rid of slavery being laundresses, maids. Vibrant film that will be forever in the minds of those who attend. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give 9 (excellent)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]