jprice-4

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Let's Do it Blaxploitation Style!, 8 March 2005

"Original Gangstas" is a movie written by Aubrey Rattan and directed by Larry Cohen, released by the now-defunct Orion Pictures (now part of MGM) and Po' Boy Productions.

This movie leads with an all-star cast staring Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Pam Grier, the late Paul Winfield ("Sounder", "King"), Charles Napier, Wings Hauser, Robert Forster, the late Ron O'Neal ("Superfly"), the late Isabel Sanford (Louise on "The Jeffersons), and Richard Roundtree of "Shaft".

With Christopher B. Duncan ("The Jamie Foxx Show"), Eddie Bo Smith, Jr., and Dru Down.

In an urban Gary, Indiana. From a drive-by-shooting, to a attempted murder of grocery-store owner Marvin Bookman (Oscar Brown Jr.), John Bookman (Williamson) comes back and reunites with his friends and gets revenge on the gang they created years back.

I give it 10/10.

The Rousters (1983) (TV)
Let's Have Some Action...Carnival Style, 8 March 2005

The made-for-TV pilot "The Rousters" which later turned into a short-lived TV series on NBC from 1983-1984 was good. Created by Stephen J. Cannell ("The A-Team", "Hunter", "Ridtide",etc.) Chad Everett ("Medical Center") plays Wyatt Earp III who's a bouncer which people don't believe that's he related to Wyatt Earp, at the Sladetown Carnival run by 'Cactus' Jack Slade (played by the late singer/actor Hoxt Ayton who wrote the 1971 Three Dog Night's hit "Joy to The World"), with his brother Evan (the late Jim Varney known better as Ernest), lived with their bounty-hunter mother Amanda Earp (Maxine Stuart), and Wyatt III's son Michael (Timothy Gibbs). Also Mimi Rogers appears as Ellen.

This pilot was released on VHS by Vidmark Entertainment and I give it a 8/10.

And I like that tag-line "The Rousters are gonna sink The Love Boat".

Gordy (1995)
A Adventure Fun for The Family, 2 March 2005

I love this film. An adventure takes place from a country farm where Gordy's father taken away up North and later learned that his family joined, he tries to find them.

The pig makes friends with a daughter of a country music singer (Kristy Young), which country music singer Doug Stone plays her father. Later they make friends with a wealthy family which Gordy saves a wealthy son from the pool.

That's a fun movie to watch.

Plus country music singers like Christy Lane, Moe Brandy, Roy Clark, and Tom Lester of "Green Acres" fame appears in this movie as well.

Mean Girls (2004)
This movie rocks!!!, 25 September 2004

"Mean Girls" is based on the book "Queen Bee Wanabees" it stars Lindsay Lohan as Cady (that's Katie) who was homeschool and her family comes from Africa and she enters high school. Then meets three girls, which they're mean and sexy.

Also Tina Fey (who wrote the film, not the book and also the same woman who is head-writer and actress on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and the anchor of SNL's "Weekend Update" with Jimmy Fallon (who left SNL last season) plays a divorced teacher. Tina Fey and Lindsay Lohan were great in their performances.

You got to see it on DVD.

TV WITH A CAPITOL D'OH!, 7 July 2004

"The Simpsons" have been on FOX for a long time since 1987 on the "Tracey Ullman Show" as shorts then into a long-running television show in 1989 till this day.

Everybody's favorite television family, Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie plus the people of the town called Springfield, U.S.A.

From guess stars from Johnny Carson to former surviving Beatles (including George Harrison who died in 2001). I like to nickname my stepfather and mother Homer and Marge, why? My stepfather is bald-headed like Homer, but got more hair than him.

Started watching it when I was little, and I'm still watching it till this day. Last and this past week, my local FOX station showed the early episodes of the show, but Homer's voice is a little different, Moe's hair is dark and his bowtie and apron is pink instead of navy, Barney Gumble's hair was yellow instead of brown, and the characters have changed from the best of times for example when Bart and his troops play war against Nelsen Muntz the bully and the worst of times when they loss Maude Flanders.

As Mr. Burns says "Excellent" and I'll give it a 10 out of 10.

It's a great show, 23 September 2003

The program is about a high school teacher who meets a famous actress and falls in love.

It can be seen on ABC-TV Tuesdays 8:30/7:30 Central (right after "8 Simple Rules") and has a wonderful cast.

It's a great show.

I give it 5 out of 5.

Great Show, 15 July 2003

Face The Music is a musical game show from Sandy Frank Productions which they also bring the 1984 version of $100,000 Name That Tune.

Ron Ely from Tarzan was a great host and also Lisa Donovan who sings the songs with Tommy Oliver conducting the orchestra. I like that piano player in the orchestra who had a afro-style hair. It used to come on The Family Channel (Now ABC Family and my cable company dumped that channel in favor of Food Network in 2002) in 1995.

Great show.

I've give it 10 out of 10.

Very Good, 7 November 2002

Liberty's Kids is PBS Kids series that takes place in the Colonal era. James Hiller (voiced by Chris Lundquist), a ophan who meets Englishlady Sarah Philips (voiced by Reo Jones) during The Boston Tea Party. Other characters such as Moses (voiced by D. Kevin Williams) who also rescued Frenchboy Henri (voiced by Kathleen Barr) from the ship. James and Sarah become reporters of The Pennslyvania Gazette whiched owned by Dr. Benjamin Franklin (voiced by TV news legend Walter Cronkite).

They also meet important colonial figures like George Washington through John Adams (voiced by Billy Crystal). The show has other celebrity voices like Woopi Goldberg through Dustin Hoffman.

This is the best show on PBS since "Square One TV/Mathnet" and "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

Great series, 6 October 2002

The series is about Alice O'Connor (Howard) wanted to be a writer in New York City and she finds out that her biological father is Bram Shepherd (Molina) a novelist and the show is titled "Bram and Alice" from the people of "Fraiser".

The show stars Alfred Molina as novelist Bram Shepherd with Traylor Howard as Alice O'Connor, with Roger Bart as Paul Newman (now to be confused with the motion picture star) Katie Finnerman as Katie and Michael Rispoli as Michael.

The show airs on CBS-TV at 8:30 p.m. Eastern/7:30 p.m. Central on Sunday Nights.

The pilot episode is well-written and a cast of talented actors and actress.

I give the show 9 1/2 out of 10. Great series.

TV with parenting tips, 17 September 2002

"8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daugher" is the television series premiered on September 17, 2002 on ABC and the series is based on the novel by W. Bruce Cameron and it stars John Ritter ("Three's Company") as a sportswriter turned columist Paul Hennessy and Katey Segal ("Married With Children") as Cate Hennessy with two daughters Briget Hennessy (Kaley Cuolo) and Kelley Hennesy (Amy Davidson) and one son teenage son named Rory Hennessy (Martin Spanjers).

The pilot episode was great. John Ritter is great as Paul and Katey Segal also great as Cate. That's what I call a TV show with parenting tips.

I give this John Ritter's series 10 out of 10. I also hoped the show will win a emmy.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]