blackarachnia2

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

All I Remember Is That Goddamned Clown, 31 August 2010

I know that this was before my time but the reruns on CFTO as it was known back in the day were absolutely horrible. :( All I remember of the Uncle Bobby Show was Bimbo jumping out of the closet and I know that's not too much to anybody else that may have been watching at the time but other than that it's okay. I know that the most people wouldn't be scared to see a clown jump out of a closet but ugh!!! :(

"Come on out Bimbo please!!"

What kid in his/her right mind wouldn't be afraid of a six foot clown jumping out of a closet and singing his own intro? I know that I was and it was ever thus that I don't want to put my clothes away for fear that Bimbo might jump out of my closet and sing happy birthday to me. :(

What A Stupid Movie, 20 October 2008

I just watched this movie on Movie Time and not even Kevin Sorbo could keep me watching this waste of film. All this movie is is a lot of testosterone mixed with pretty women. Jesus if I wanted to watch a pretty boy killing people off I'd watch The Legend of Hercules not this atrocity.

Please ladies if you see this movie in the stores RUN. RUN hard, RUN long, and RUN fast because I wasted about 10 minutes of my otherwise active life watching this movie and I feel like it was a really big waste of 10 minutes of my life and 3.5 hours of their film.

It was really stupid and machismo stuff aimed at 15 year old boys and if I had a 15 year old boy I certainly wouldn't let him watch this.

I'm Getting Too Old For This..........NOT!, 3 February 2008

It was one of the highlights from my youth to get up early on Saturday mornings and watch television. But that's a thing of the past given how crappy things have gotten since network cartoons were given the ax in favor of more adult things. Not that I really care or anything like that it's just that I would like to see weekday afternoons dedicated to cartoon blocks instead of the garbage that's on now. My Wife and Kids?! What the hell is that?

I used to love this show and to think that people tell me that I should "grow up" is ridiculous. Lord knows I hear enough of it from my family. But still Pole Position was one of my all time favorites no question. It just seems that it didn't last long enough for the characters to develop very well.

Jake Rockwell ROX!!, 3 February 2008

I had such high hopes for Teletoon Retro to air this but instead of having shows such as this, ones that don't get the treatment that they deserve, they air things that I may have seen dozens of times before.

The Centurions was the highlight of my pre-teen years. I know that may seem a little bit clichéd but it's true. After Duke from G.I. Joe, Jake Rockewell is another one of those cartoon characters that I really had a crush on.

It's too bad that Teletoon Retro doesn't see it the same way people of my generation do. Otherwise Teletoon Retro would be a lot better than it is.

I Wasn't Around Back Then But I Was Around In The 80s, 29 May 2007

I think that today's Spiderman animated series doesn't even come close to being as good as this. My mother says "the animation was bad but at least they had an excuse back then." When you're a little kid like that you tend not to care what other people think. I didn't really care what my mother thought at the time because she wasn't a little kid back then so how could she have possibly known about the animation of these films? I think to get a good enough prospective of it you have to see it through a young child's eyes. Seeing their favourite comic book super heroes coming to life right before their very eyes and wondering how did they do that? That's what this cartoon series has meant to me. I didn't really care one way or the other just how bad the animation was or how corny the jokes were. I just saw it as "it's Spiderman! Shut up and let me enjoy it" (Note that I never would have said that out loud when I was a kid but it was just something that I was thinking at the time.) Spiderman is probably one of my most favourite cartoon superheroes next to Wolverine from the X-Men but that's a different comment all together.

Gory And Graphic But Good, 18 May 2007

As a product of the 80s generation I must say that this movie is one of the best I ever saw even though it was a bit on the gory side. D'Compose is affected by light and can turn anything that's organic into one of his nightmare soldiers just by poking them with his fingernail and yelling "D'Compose" or by squeezing his victims with his hand until he/she submits. Metlar, the leader of the Inhumanoids, is affected by magnets and can turn statues into living organisms, and Tendril who is made out of organic matter. The Mutors, an ancient race, imprisoned the Inhumoids eons ago and because of the human abuse of the earth Metlar, Tendril, and D'Compose were accidentally released. This movie is just action packed and full of fun dialect including a Geraldo Riveria sound alike. All and all an excellent movie for older viewers.

Is This Cornball Show For Real?, 22 April 2007

This show is beyond bogus and not that interesting to begin with. I'm not sure what's worse about this show? Listening to these kids spewing out liberal amounts of the f-word or the fact that these kids aren't great rappers to begin with. What the hell were the producers smoking when they thought of this I don't know but I do know that you have to have a natural talent to rhyme or you won't survive in this business. All of the little boys that MC Strech have on this show are just plain arrogant. When M.C. Strech has to pick someone to get that money I hope that he picks the right person. I just hope to hell that it's not Sullee.

I Was Upset When YTV Decided To Ban This, 17 April 2007

Being a child of 11 years old the first year that this show aired I was kind of glad that I got to watch this on CBS. I loved TMNT and find that TMNT 06 is barely even watchable.

You've got 4 turtle teens each having different personalities and their sensei who happens to be a rat and the TMNT name is born. I loved TMNT when I was a child and I had hoped for its return to YTV. If not for the parent and teacher groups acting to get this show banned from YTV I think it would have lasted a lot longer than it did.

Thank goodness for TELETOON otherwise we wouldn't have Ninja Turtles today.

Capture A Tiger By The Tail, 9 March 2007

My brother and I used to get up at 7:00 AM just to watch the Comic Strip. I think our favourite show was the Tigersharks. I even remember the theme song.

You've got a tiger by the tail hold on Tigersharks, Tigersharks, Look for a human with a tail, Hold on Tigersharks.

Hold on Tigersharks.

I didn't really care about the Street Frogs, the Mini Monsters, or Karate Cat. As long as I got to watch the Tigersharks then I didn't really care as far as that went. Of course I was 11 and I didn't really care anyways.

I haven't outgrown cartoons yet and I'm not about to out grow them either.

A Log Driver's Waltz Pleases Girls Completely., 5 March 2007

I used to love watching this national treasure. It made me giggle a lot every time I saw it. I'm kind of sad that all of the major TV networks in Canada which includes YTV, TeleToon, and even APTN don't bother airing classic Canadain short films like this.

If you should ask any girl from the parish around what pleases her most from her head to her toes?

She'll say: "I'm not sure that it's business of yours but I do like to waltz with the log driver."

For he goes birling down and down the white water that's where the log driver learns to step lightly. He goes birling down and down the white water A log driver's waltz pleases girls completely

When the drive's nearly over I like to go down and watch all the lads while they work on the river I know that come evening they'll be in the town and we all like to waltz with the log driver

To please both my parents I've had to give way and dance with the doctors and merchants and lawyers Their manners are fine but their feet are of clay but there's none with the style of my log driver

Now I've had my chances with all sorts of men but none is so fine as my lad on the river so when the drive's over if he asked me again I think I will marry my log driver

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]