Darrell-270

Hostel (2005)
Very bizarre movie, 6 March 2007

When I watch a movie I often enjoy the movie because I can relate to one or more of the characters. In this movie, I could not relate to any of the characters. I would never want to be the victims, and I sure as heck would never want to be the psychos performing the chopping up of bodies.

Some of the acting was good by the young boys in the movie, but the story was poor. Our world is already full of criminals who murder others and do awful things. My fear is that this movie could give people like that more ideas. It may promote more violence because in the movie violence was portrayed as a "fun thing to do". Weak minded individuals out there would believe that it is a fun thing to do to others.

The other reason I disliked this movie is due to the way it portrays Europe. I don't know who would ever want to take a trip to Amsterdam after seeing this movie. The movie is bothersome, and I have to wonder how sick the writer must be to have come up with such extreme violence and low respect for human life.

This movie left me wanting more..., 24 December 2005

The story was incredible. This is not something I could have ever imagined in my wildest dreams. The acting was astounding. The emotions were so vivid and so well put together. It has been many years since a movie touched me the way this one did. On my drive to the theater my thoughts were that this was going to be another gay movie that is riddled with homosexual stereotypes. Those thoughts were very wrong. It was nothing like that at all. I could not help but feel a sense of love and compassion towards all of the characters. The movie focuses largely on love and how we sometimes have someone who loves us dearly, and wish we could have changed our reaction towards the love. We sometimes even hurt the ones we love the most. How sad for all parties involved.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger won my heart - completely. This movie must win awards. A definite 10.

Great acting, cool special effects, bad ending, 29 December 2001

I really enjoyed this movie up until the end. It's as if a different writer took over or the writer got lazy. It got very weird, and I think it should have ended differently. I was disappointed with the movie due to the ending.

The Best of Friends, 4 March 2001

I am not much of a cartoon watcher, but the Flintstones and Bugs Bunny are still very funny and enjoyable to watch.

I always realized the great friendship between Fred and Barney, Wilma and Betty. I think the gift of friendship is one of the nicest gifts that we will ever be blessed with. The typical friendship sometimes encounters trouble, just as we would sometimes see on the Flintstones. The most important thing, is that down deep, these characters loved each other, and they always ended the episode friends again. It's true friendship, that endures the test of time. I would think that this is one of the biggest messages that I have extracted from the Flintstones. Their lives would have been so much less, without each other.

I was watching an old rerun of the Beverly Hillbillies last week, and I heard a familiar voice. There was an actor wearing a hat, and while talking he sounded just like Fred Flintstone. He even laughed like Fred. I paid close attention to the credits at the end and sure enough, Alan Reed's name appeared. It was the man who did the voice of Fred Flintstone! I think the 4 main voices on that show, Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty were all done by extraordinary individuals. I would have loved to see them taping just one episode. To see these people performing behind the microphone must have been an incredible thing to witness. The timing, the multiple voices, and the expressions that you could hear in each word was amazing. These people were very talented. It's those voices that kept the characters alive! Although they are no longer with us, the gift that they gave us will live on forever in our hearts. Many generations to come will enjoy this happy cartoon.