PeteRoy

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

The pointless Spiderman, 7 July 2012

I watched this movie when it premiered and here is what I think of it: Pointless It has story lines which that don't go anywhere which leaves you with a feeling of why I bothered to see this movie.

The Gwen Stacey storyline is progressing to something serious but then nothing happens.

The Peter Parker parents mystery is progressing to get the truth but then nothing happens.

Only other smaller less meaningful stories get completion but they were boring and not important.

This movie is a disappointment and weak.

Excellent, good writing, acting and visuals, 2 June 2011

Was waiting to see this movie, and it turned out to be good.

The story was nicely connected the true events of the Cuban missile crisis with the X-Men characters.

Michael Fassbender played Magneto very well, James McAvoy also performed the character of Charles Xavier exactly as I expected him to be.

The other actors also all did a good job, the action scenes were good.

My only little complaint is Jennifer Lawrence who is a good actor and a good looking woman but in my opinion was not the right actor to portray Mystique.

Best 2010 game, best story told in a game, 14 August 2010

Starcraft 2 came out and I bought it despite everything I wrote about it and about the beta before the release of the game. I knew I would buy it no matter what.

And I have to say that the single player is amazing, the graphics is excellent, the artistic level is high and most importantly the story is written extremely well, the single player is deep with details and the voice actors capture you into the Starcraft universe, I loved the way Wings of Liberty ended.

And I agree with the popular site reviews like IGN which gave it score 9 out of 10, Starcraft 2 deserves it.

I feel I want to point out things that some reviews didn't talk about, some negative points about Starcraft 2.

1. The price of the EU version, I live in Israel, I bought the game on the release date and it cost me 87$ USD, the EU version of the game costs 80$ USD or 60 euros, the US version of the game costs 60$.

Why the price different? Is this how Blizzard treats it's European fans? And especially in Israel which it cost more. The average person in Israel doesn't make more money than the average person in the US or the EU.

2. Region locked multiplayer, in Starcraft 2 Blizzard won't allow a European player to play with a US player.

How is this progress? We are in the year of 2010 and in the original Starcraft of 1998 you could play with anyone from anywhere, in the original Starcraft you are allowed to connect to any battle.net server you want.

Why is Blizzard doing this? To keep lag to a minimum? If that's the reason they should at least allow a EU player to add a US player to their friends list and allow them to play together, so this way only the matchmaking system default is to find games based on the bnet region.

3. The Terran technology of the year 2504 is inferior to human technology of the year 2010, here are examples:

- In Starcraft: 2504 Air units are slow, sometimes even slower than land units, In 2010: compare this to an F-22 Raptor or even Apache Helicopter - In Starcraft: Nuke missile requires a ghost to target it, In 2010: today a missile can be launched from another continent and hit on target. - In Starcraft: Units cant attack while moving. - There are many more examples if you take the time to look at what today's weapons is capable of and what you see in Starcraft 2.

I understand that all this is done so the game is balanced but for me today it makes the game feel childish and stupid

4. No LAN support, that's just evil not to support LAN.

5. Battle.net vs Steam

With Starcraft 2 we get the release of Blizzard answer to Valve's Steam digital online store. With the new Battle.net Blizzard is competing with Steam and Facebook, with the new battle.net you can buy games online and download a genuine copy digitally with a cdkey.

But if it is serious about trying to go against Steam then it must make a software client for battle.net, i'll explain why.

With Steam running in the background I can always know which one of my friends is online, Steam has a client that is not taking too many resources when it runs in the background and it allows you to see your friends and what games they play or if they are just online.

With battle.net I have to run Starcraft 2 and login with the password every time I want to know if one of my friends is online, and if I alt+tab I won't be able to talk to them when I just want to use Windows, Steam also always remembers your password, you don't need to login every time you want to play a game.

Steam has the game overlay which is much better and easier to use than how Blizzard makes you talk to your friends while you play a game,the overlay can be easily accessed with shift+tab and then hidden with shift+tab again.

The chat with friends while playing in Battle.net is much worse, you can either minimize it or use whisper, but if you whisper you have to press TAB to cycle between who you want to talk or if you use the chat windows you have to use the mouse to minimize it or close it, which takes longer to do and hurts your game more than the quick shift+tab to hide the overlay of Steam.

Then there's the name, in Steam you can change your nickname anytime you want how many times you want, with the new battle.net you can only make a character once and that's it, you can't change it anymore.

Offline mode, Starcraft 2 might have an offline mode but it doesn't let you select it when you start the game,you have to login even if you only want to play the single player.

All things considered Starcraft 2 is a good game and I do not regret I bought it for 1 second, but for me the single player is so much better than the multiplayer.

Kick-Ass (2010)
Walked out, too cruel for me, 16 April 2010

This movie shows you a lot of cruel torture scenes that end up with the victim killed violently.

These scenes made me sick and I had to walk out of the movie because I was so disgusted.

There were cool moments in the movie but they were all destroyed once you see someone being smashed in a car to death or any of the other torture scenes.

Ironically the movie shows you these scenes as something to laugh about, as if seeing someone begging not to die is funny to watch, I didn't appreciate that and I don't want to see it, especially not when I paid money to watch a movie.

Nicolas Cage, I don't enjoy seeing him on screen anymore.

If you don't like seeing cruel anti human scenes then don't waste your time on this movie.

I liked it, 5 June 2009

I went to see Terminator Salvation after I read about so many people hating it and I was sure I was going to be disappointed.

So I went with low expectations and an open mind.

But I liked it, it feels like a movie people worked hard on and really wanted it to be good.

Bale was OK as John Connor and I liked how he played him even though I don't really like Christian Bale himself as an actor.

Sam was OK as Marcus and his character was interesting.

Some parts of the story were weak, the visual effects were very good, the soundtrack was weak, the action was good, McG did a good work.

Bottom line is, I think many people went with too high expectations and others expected the movie to be bad so much they couldn't see it was actually good.

It's good, but it ignores American supercars, 27 September 2008

Jeremy Clarkson shows us why he doesn't care that cars contribute to global warming.

In this movie Jeremy Clarkson drives exotic supercars in a paradise club that has a racetrack.

You will see Ferrari F430 and 599, Porsche 911 GT3 and Audi R8, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster and Gallardo Spyder, Aston Marin V8 Vantage and Ascari A10. And to top it all he drivers the amazing Bugatti Veyron.

But one car is missing, a car that is more powerful than the Porsche 911 GT3, more powerful than the Audi R8 and more powerful than the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, it's the Corvette Z06.

I guess he didn't want to let the amazing Corvette Z06 American spoil his little paradise of European supercars.

You will also witness Sabine Schmitz in the Audi R8 races the Stig in the Porsche 911 GT3.

It's a good movie but I wanted to see the Corvette Z06 busts the Aston Martin and Audi R8.

Hugely Over-hyped, below average movie, 25 July 2008

I went to see this movie thinking it should be real good, number 1 9.5 score in IMDb top 250 and 158$ mil in the first weekend.

Wrong, the movie stinks, weak plot, characters have no depth, editing is really bad, it's hard to follow what's going on, action scenes are bad, it uses this cheap sound sound to try and make you tense in certain scenes, the movie overall is completely not enjoyable.

This movie is a case of the king is naked, it is so hyped many people just fool themselves into thinking this is a good movie, it's not, if you compare it to real good movies you will see how much this stinks.

Bottom line is, this movie gets more hate from me than it deserves because it's hyped to be something it is not.

Who still signs Shyamalan to do movies?, 13 June 2008

This movie is bad, it is bad in every way you can imagine, I will run you through of all the bad things in this movie that I can think about.

1. The worst thing about this movie is the people killing themselves in different ways, this movie shows you many different ways a human can kill himself, watching a person committing suicide is one of the worst things to watch, let alone watch it so many times in one movie.

2. The second worst thing is the story and the repetitive of how what happens is "act of nature" and that we "will never find an explanation for".

3. The acting in the movie is pretty bad and unconvincing, it is hard for me to describe how bad the acting is, how unbelievable the actors portray their feelings.

4. The director/writer Mr M. Night Shyamalan, who still signs this guy to write and direct movies? This guy's movies get worse and worse, he starts amazing in The Sixth Sense, but since then his movies went downhill, this time he crossed the line between making movies that are tolerable to watch to movies you simply don't want to see at all.

Iron Man (2008)
Everything you want to see on the screen is here, 8 May 2008

This movie put on the screen all the things I love to see, girls, weapons, cars, computers, machines, explosions, fighter jets.

All of those things put together with a good story, the acting was good, cool sense of humor in the movie, good action scenes and a cool hero.

There are also interesting locations in the movie, Stark home is really cool to see, the scenes in Afghanistan were good, Stark industries is also a nice place to look at.

G36, M4A1, F22 Raptors, Audi R8 and Rolls Royce Phantom also star in the movie

10 out of 10

Pretty good, so much similar to Terminator 2, 9 February 2008

I enjoy this show story and action, it's better than what I expected, I thought it's going to make more damage to the story than the damage Terminator 3 did.

But It's good, my only complaint is that it's story is like a Terminator 2 repeat.

The similarities between this show and Termiantor 2 are huge.

In both titles There's a Terminator protector for John In both titles John Sarah and the protector tries to destroy Skynet before it becomes self aware.

In both titles there's a Terminator chasing John.

In both titles the police is after Sarah and John.

In both titles there are scenes where the Terminator helps make stitches for Sarah.

This series is what Terminator 2 would be like if it was made for a TV series.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]