mm-39

Page 1 of 166:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Fascinating, 27 September 2016

Fascinating Captain! As Spock would say. The Dead Sea Scrolls is a fascinating episode. The Jewish people history. The fight with Rome and the need to hide their records keeps the viewer attention. The linear progression of the episode unfolds nicely to 1945. A shepherd boy finds the famous hidden Dead Sea Scrolls in a cave. When discovered we learn of the Bedwin tribe's dealings, search for more scrolls, and sale of the Scrolls. What was learned from the Scrolls. Why the Scrolls are authentic. How the Scrolls confirm the past. Fascinating for anyone interested in history and the Jewish faith. Excellent narration, re-enactments, and locations. 7 out of 10

Surprising good!, 25 September 2016

Surprisingly good! Can laughing help your health. Laughing boost the immune system. Chemicals released form laughing help the body. The general disposition of happier people tend to be more healthy. Two people are interviewed. A man who was about to die booked a room and watched funny movies recovers. A man creates laughter for sick children. There could be something here with health and humor! I believe in body, mind, spirit are interconnected. One effects the other. If the mind and spirit are healthy/positive there should be an effect on the body. Some of the skits are over the top. Not the most serious episode at points. But that was the episodes intention. Laughing is not serious but healthy. 7 laughs out of 10. The narrator loved doing this episode.

Interesting!, 25 September 2016

Interesting as hell! The power of the sub-conscious and the power of the brain is the topic of Hypnosis! Surgery with out sedation! A cop recalls a crime. A witness gives vivid details with hypnosis. Patience using hypnosis with psychology. All the information makes one wonder about how the mind works. The power of the sub-conscious. The narration, fast pace between event, interviews and re-enactments where sequenced perfectly. The critics gave fair counter arguments. The hypnosis comics gives a bad taste for the profession. I agree with the critics about such shows. I wonder how much is showmanship! Worth watching! Eight out of 10.

One of the better cartoon movies!, 23 September 2016

One of the better cartoon movies! Not the usual home protagonist is lost and finds home again. The Wild life is a new plot about acceptance an adaptation to a new environment.Robinson Crusoe and loyal dog must endure a ship wreck. What do the islands' animals thinks of there new guests. Tuesday the parrot dreams of what the great new possibilities of meeting Crusoe and what adventures await off the island. The goat, pig, bird all have there doubts about Crusoe. The predator cats escape the shipwreck look for dinner creating an unknown new danger. Problems arouse! Friends are made. Crusoe has choices. Makes for a fresh new story. The bond between Tuesday and Crusoe drives the story line. The characters, voice, animation, blends into an a great escape movie. 7 out of 10!

One of the better episodes.!, 18 September 2016

One of the better episodes. The information is dated! However one learns much about space and the countless stars, systems, theories. The spectrum of radio to listen as a ear to space is fascinating!Transmitting a message to space sends many possibilities? Is it possible for someone out there to even understand our spectrum of message. What if there is life out there can whatever understand. What if it is a planet of Cockatoos? What is communication is breached. Leonard Nimoy narrations and speculation with experts creates a narrative of speculation and wonder. Eight out of ten stars on the star chart. Not bad for a twenty minute show!

Before global warming there was a fear of the Ice Age!, 18 September 2016

Before global warming there was a fear of the Ice Age! Both theories show convincing evidence. The Coming Ice Age has experts, theories, and evidence of the coming ice age! I believe more in the Ice Age after the few winters I experienced in Winnipeg! Leonard Nimoy cold, chilly narrative of deaths in Buffalo, with the blowing winds, and chilling music, made me want to wear a parka while watching! "The Coming Ice Age' gives a chill down my spine. Dated, and laughable for today's viewers. Worth a look! Not a better episode, but okay. 6 out of 10 stars. Don't watch in December, January and February if you live in the Northern Hemisphere! One chilled episode!

More of a historical review than a mystery!, 18 September 2016

"In Search of the Lincoln Conspiracy" nothing special here! Lincoln Conspiracy is more a historical review than a mystery. For those viewers who know nothing or little about the Lincoln Conspiracy the episode will be educational. Several people where targeted in the conspiracy. There is some doubt all the collaborator would be found guilty in today's court of law. The last season was running low on material. The Lincoln Conspiracy shows how thin In Search of was for material! I did not mind The Lincoln Conspiracy. Would not watch The Lincoln conspiracy again. Blah, watch it one time and that's it attitude for this one. 5 out of 10. One of the lamer In Search of's.

One of the better episodes!, 17 September 2016

One of the better episodes! A women has trouble with men in her relationships. Through regression therapy the patient died a violent death by a male attacker in a past life! A fathers children died in a tragic auto accident. Unexplained knowledge from the father's new twin daughters ask the question are the twins reincarnated? The narration ask could the women lived a past life or is the repressed memory psychosomatic? Is the father's experience real or psychosomatic? The narrative, asks the experts! Questions the one life belief? Expresses eastern belief of several past lives. Past Lives does not answer the question! Instead, researches the theory. I give past lives an eight out of ten. I liked it.

A strong episode!, 14 September 2016

A strong episode! U F O Captives is a bothersome, scary episode. The music, narration and first hand accounts bothered me. The idea of personal abduction and having one's memory wiped is disturbing. The account of the hunter who was in shock and almost lost his mind; And the other account of the steel work's family which is bothered by the same disturbing and recurring memories resonates with the viewers. UFO Captives recollections are so awful they are seared into the viewers mind. The strong part of the episode is why would the U F O captives tell such unbelievable stories! Are the stories true or psychological are investigated by experts. I have no opinion! There is some doubt about how believably the story are. BUT UFO Captives episodes makes me wonder. Can such improbability happen? 8 out of 10 stars.

Make one wonder., 13 September 2016

Butch Cassidy is an episode which make one wonder! Did Butch survive or did Butch die in South America. The Butch Cassidy episode went over Butch's life. Explains the theory of Butch's death in South America. The other theory that Butch moved back to Washington State and living to an old age is the second theory. Supposed family member, towns folk talk about accounts of of Butch's deception and getting away from the law. In Search of leans towards Butch getting away. Like all legends people want more than what's real. I have no opinion. But I wonder after watching! 7 out of 10 stars. Worth watching. One of the strongest episodes of season 2.

Page 1 of 166:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]