shark-43

Page 1 of 31:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Well Written With Terrific Cast, 24 June 2014

MIGHTY MED is my two kids' favorite new show! My wife and I will watch it with them sometimes (we all like super hero movies). The show is very well done. The cast is full of exciting young talent and there are jokes for young and old! The zany head of the hospital is hilarious! Plus the action and special effects look great! The kid from Ant Farm has really grown and has great timing. And the kid from GLC is perfect playing off of him. My son loves the idiot clerks who work at the comic book store. My daughter loves the female super hero who lost her powers. Please bring it back, Disney! We love it! Our DVR is set for every single episode! Go Mighty Med!

Clever Twist On Genre, 16 November 2013

WARM BODIES marketing campaign probably hurt it cuz you couldn't tell if it was a romantic comedy WITh zombies or a zombie movie WITH comedy. But we finally watched it and I thought it was very clever and funny. Hoult & Palmer were terrific. The opening monologue was hilarious and immediately showed how funny sharing the inner thoughts of a zombie would be. LOVED that John Malkovich was the militaristic leader. Haven't liked most of the other films Jonathan Levine has made but this was very well done. Romeo & Juliet with a BITE! They satirized everything from makeover montages, sidekicks, zombie folklore, etc. And the music used throughout was GREAT! Bravo! Hoult has really grown up since being the little kid in ABOUT A BOY!

Giant Monsters/Giant Robots/Giant Fun, 18 July 2013

I guess I was just in the mood for a Giant Monsters/Giant Robots movie and didn't even know it. PACIFIC RIM has its faults but overall, it packs a punch! Good fun entertainment. I loved the way the monsters looked and overall, I thought the special effects were excellent. Del Toro is such a talented director - I loved PAN'S LABYRINTH as well his early underrated vampire flick KRONOS. The acting is rather uneven in this film - the lead guy seemed a bit dead eyed and stiff but I loved the Asian actress from BABEL. The wacky scientists seemed to be in a different movie but I loved their story line. I can see how this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed it.

Father & Son, 26 May 2013

I am a big fan of Ross McElwee's work - SHERMAN'S MARCH is brilliant and I've seen & enjoyed all of his other documentaries. While recently sick & laid up in bed, I was thrilled to discover this on Netflix. While I enjoyed it, the film is so slight, so scattered that in the long run one feels like "meh". I know his son is 21 and that is a tough age but Adrian comes off rather spoiled and in fact, I couldn't help but feel that the main reason Ross went back to France was to just get away from his surly,pampered texting son. There are nice moments about memory & youth & getting old but this is definitely the weakest entry in his body of work. (Just play Cat Stevens' Father & Son instead).....

"Girls" (2012)
GIRLS - Overrated, 19 March 2013

I admired Lena Dunham when she had her success with TINY FURNITURE - I didn't like the movie, but I was impressed she wrote,directed and starred in her little indie and got such amazing press for it. Good for her - but now with GIRLS - again, huge success but everything that left me cold in her film does the same with her HBO series. First off, I don't think Dunham is that good of an actress - she has this sing song manner that I find irritating and as a writer - I find that she is kind of lazy - it seems like when she gets stuck in writing a scene and doesn't know what to do - she'll just write in an awkward, humiliating sex scene and boom - wow - it's like life man! Yes, I know things like this happen in life and there are girls and boys like this in life, but that doesn't make it entertainment. There's also child rape and animal cruelty but that doesn't mean it should be a series - hey wait a minute!!! But seriously, Dunham seems to think she can just write something shocking or vulgar and pass it off as insight. The show is incredibly overrated to me - I find the emperor has no clothes - in fact,. when Dunham is nude she looks just like the emperor.

Really Wrong and Really Funny, 5 February 2012

This show is not for everyone. It is insensitive and rude and harsh and mean but it is brilliantly written, savagely funny and her lead character is a great satire of selfish and narcissistic people.Silverman is so good at playing this kind of person. She loves to really go as far out there as one can and really pushing the envelope - whether its AIDS, sick kids, being gay, etc. The supporting cast is strong - the gay couple next door really make me laugh - and the Offficer Jay character is also funny (he was a regular on the fantastic Mr. Show). The fist season of this show is really super funny. The second season wasn't as good and you could tell they were running out of steam. Hats off to Comedy Central for putting on to begin with.

Good Show, 3 February 2012

I remember this show as well. THE SUPER was funny and led by the supremely talented character Richard Castellano. He would also try sitcoms again with Joe & Sons (I believe that one had Jerry Stiller has his sidekick). But this one had Bruno Kirby as his son and they played well off of each other. As they mention on this page, Kirby would go on to play Castellano's infamous GODFATHER character, Clemenza, in the flashback sequences in GODFATHER 2. This show had a good cast and good writing and embraced the blue collar people in the urban cities. But soon, cosmopolitan settings and Love Boat and such were big and people wanted to "escape." I personally like these kinds of shows and much later down the line, ROSEANNE came on and showed people truly living paycheck to paycheck.

Paper Man (1971) (TV)
Well Done Thriller, 15 January 2012

PAPER MAN was ahead of its time. A computer system ends up taking control over a scam a group of college students start with a stolen credit card. The movie is well acted and well written. Dean Stockwell is very good as the computer expert who first goes along with the con. Of course, for 1971, all the computer stuff is incredibly dated. The "computer" is actually two rooms full of equipment with flashing lights and reel and reel tape, computer cards, etc. Dean Stockwell even has to explain that he is "logging in". So, the dated computer aspect just makes it even more fun but the plot works. It's fun. It's well directed too. Check it out.

He's A Maniac, A Maniac....., 27 September 2011

Wow - this film is fun. Inept in every way - our group just LAUGHED at everything. The acting is horrid - the filmmaking is terrible, there are some decent stunts but the script sounds like it was written by drunk 7th graders trying to write a slasher film. The film wastes no time. A little boy kills his slutty mom and her lover with a giant fake knife. And then of course he's put in the nuthouse, where I guess he had a personal trainer and access to a 24 hour gym and a personal hair stylist. And this escaped maniac justa starts killin'. And one bimbo gets away and he must have her - he must kill her. And of course she is cast in a sci-fi film (where the auditions are held in a school auditorium). And the maniac follows her to the desert where they are making the film and starts picking off people one by one. (too bad he didn't strangle the real director of the film). The scene where he kills a rattlesnake and then "eats" it is hysterical. The quickly made prop looks like a Snake Sub - he is so clearly eating bread that has been covered in green food coloring. Actually Rural Dirt Road Maniac is more accurate.

One of the Funniest Ones Yet!, 16 September 2011

This episode tonight was one of the funniest Ant Farms yet. Rain, Snow in the hallways! Skidmore wont pay to fix it. Lexi lies to win a beauty crown. Cam agrees to help her dressing up as old guy. Gibson is fired to make room in the budget to pay for new heating system. The Ants have a webathon to raise money to save Gibson and this is when the episode got really funny! Olive as Ime Fraud was hilarious. One of the best things they had her do yet! China playing the water glasses! Skidmore pretending to call in. Fletcher getting yelled at for his ideas. Hysterical!!!!! All the weird Gibson jokes were good. But the best was when all the ants dressed up as Gibson. LOL!

Page 1 of 31:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]