Big O-7

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Style, Atmoshpere, and Diora Baird!, 15 February 2007

OK, so it is not a great film. What horror film, other than PSYCHO, would you really call great? There are two reasons for this film getting a 7 rating. First off, the casting agents were kind enough to cast Diora Baird. She is gorgeous and has tons of charisma.

Second, this film has style and atmosphere to spare. The folks at production company PLATINUM DUNES have yet to make a film that is not entertaining to watch, and all of their films have managed to enhance their movies by really getting the style, atmosphere, and pacing exactly right.

Kudos to all involved, and I can't wait for your next offering!

Hysterical!, 20 March 2003

This is the best film ever put out by one of the Wayans brothers. If you can't laugh out loud at this film, then I feel sorry for you, for you must be missing a lot in life. Keenan and his brothers have never been as on target as they are here, complete with Bernie Casey, Antonio Fargas, Isaac Hayes, Steve James, John Vernon and Jim Brown all contributing side-splitting send-ups of their own images!

Abandon This Mission, 11 March 2003

Let me be the first to say that I really wanted this movie to be great. Antonie Fuqua, Bruce Willis, Eammon Walker, Monica Bellucci and the rest of the cast really deserve for this film to succeed. Unfortunately, the film fails them in way too many ways to give it a good review. I agree with those who say that the film tackles interesting topics. I agree with those that say that the film is a technically competent film. But aside from a few histrionics by the ENTIRE cast (you'll know which scene I am referring to), the film makes no attempt to develop ANY of the characters beyond "plot funtions". And there are too many gaps in logic for this film to even begin to make sense. For a discussion topic, I ask you this:

What, exactly, was the point of saving the Monica Bellucci character?

Anyone with an answer for me gets a cookie!

Old School (2003)
Great Initiate into a Great Tradition!, 26 February 2003

I laughed for a good 60 to 70 minutes during this film. It starts right at the beginning and really does not let up. Critics are really funny about this film ... they seem to take shots at the movie because it's not some stuffy MIRAMAX-let's-buy-us-an-Oscar-type film, yet they all admit that they laughed?!?

It's a film can not be a comedy for the sake of being a comedy. Films that make an audience laugh this much should be hailed and not pilloried.

Agree with "Possibly the worst film of 2002!!!!!!", 29 January 2003

Matthew Perry + Elizabeth Hurley + Cedric The Entertainer + Vincent Pastore + Bruce Campbell = this dreck? This is one of the few times that I agree with the critics in that Mr. Perry (who looks like he was having some personal problems at the time of the filming) and Elizabeth Hurley simply do not show enough chemistry to save this sludge. As usual, the cast is game, but the writing and directing is simply not there. So, what gives the movie the 1 star? Hurley's outfits, for sure and Cedric The Entertainer, and the always sublime Bruce Campbell.

SAVE YOUR MONEY and wait for tv!

PS - Want to see Ms. Hurley? Watch ANYTHING else!

25th Hour (2002)
Simple math, 13 January 2003

Great cast (kudos to Ed Norton and Barry Pepper) + great score + great director + great writing = GREAT MOVIE! The movie has been criticised for being "slow". So what? It has great writing, great music, great acting, and a great director at the top of his game.

Rated R for Retarded!, 6 January 2003

This is one of the worst movies ever made. A previous reviewer says that this "could have been much better" ... I couldn't have agreed more! This movie would have been better had it never been made. Please stay away from this film.

It's time to retire this secret agent., 16 December 2002

Possible spoilers.

This film is truly amazing. Why? you ask. Well, because most movie franchises manage to keep getting better, but not this franchise. It's amazing because each sequel actually gets WORSE. The funniest (and I use "funniest" loosely here) moments belong not to Mike Meyers, but to Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Seth Green. If not for them, this film would not even come close to warranting a chuckle.

Van Wilder (2002)
Gut-busting laughter!, 8 October 2002

I, like many, thought this movie would suck. I was convinced by one of my best friends to go and get the movie, and guess what ... we are no longer friends! Just Kidding!!! This movie has some sequences that had me rolling in the aisles with laughter. And, to boot, you will never look at a eclaire the same way again!

Funny Stuff!, 8 October 2002

You would think this movie would be silly. And guess what? It is! Not only is it silly, but it celebrates its silliness! Is it funny? Yes, unless you have the sour demeanor of Ebenezer Scrooge! Go rent it, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]