hammer_pants

Aks (2001)
AKS captures one of Amitabh's finest performances as an actor., 9 November 2004

I thought the movie AKS (meaning reflection) was just incredible. When it came out, it wasn't the customary type of Bollywood film that everyone was used to. This would be a good explanation of why it didn't do so well at the Box Office. Since people are used to song and dance features with limited story and this movie was heavy on story and limited on song and dance.

The movie borrows very lightly from the movies 'Face/Off' and 'Fallen'. Bachchan plays the role of a high-ranking cop, Manu Verma, who is assigned to protect an Indian politician. Manu Verma fails in his duty as the official is murdered and a floppy disk containing details of an assassination of another official is taken.

The chase is now on to stop the murderer Raghavan (Manoj Bajpai, who is extraordinary as a nutcase) at any cost. Manu catches the killer and during an escape attempt, both killer and cop shoot each other. The killer dies but his soul somehow manifests itself in Manu's body and Manu himself becomes the killer. The killer's soul, now in Amitabh's body, continues his reign of murder and mayhem.

Amitabh is amazing in his role as cop and killer. Nandita Das plays his wife convincingly and the age gap between the two is explained as well. Raveena Tandon is also very convincing as the stripper girlfriend of the killer.

If you're looking for a change of pace from the regular Bollywood flicks, this is definitely the movie you should watch. There's no 23 minute death scenes, or people living after being shot 44 times in the chest. I'd have to say it was one of the Amitabh's best performances of his career, not the best, but one of the best.

A million times better then the ****fest called "Do Over", 27 September 2002

When I first heard about this show, I thought that it was going to be a crapfest, but boy, was I ever wrong! The writing is amazing, the concept is a cool one, and TYLER LABINE is the scene stealer of the show!!! Did I say the writing is amazing? Well if I did, I'm saying it again! The music in the show is awesome too, it's your favorite 80's hits being used as mood music for the scenes!

My newest favorite show is THAT WAS THEN!!! Tyler Labine = Huge Future Star!!!

Shikari (2000)
The movie was crap, the acting was great (may contain spoilers), 22 January 2002

This has to be one of the worst story lines ever for a movie. Although the story wasn't much, the performances in the movie were amazing, especially Govinda's and Tabu's.

It's not often you get to see Govinda in a negative role, and that is why his performance was so awesome. Who would have ever imagined Govinda as a psychopath.

And Tabu was great as usual, although she could have used more screen time.

Karisma Kapoor was the one who was wasted in the film, her character was down right annoying, what happened to you Karisma?

Great Animation, fun for everyone. The Entire family will love it., 14 December 2001

I absolutely loved the story here, very heartwarming, and a great movie for the whole family to watch together. It will bring everyone's spirits up. Kudos to the director for a great job well done.

Keep making great films like this, and the world can be a better place.

From the makers of the American Pie movies comes.., 24 November 2001

From the makers of the American Pie movies comes a great comedy made for the small screen. You may recognize two of the shows characters, Eddie Kaye Thomas as Mike (FINCH in AP), and John Cho as Chau (the MILF guy in both AP's). I just happened to catch an episode of this show on TBS and I love it. If you catch this show, and you're a fan of the AP movies, you'll love this.

Horrible, horrible, & oh yes, did I mention, its horrible!!, 16 August 2000

This has to be one of the worst movies that has ever been made in the history of film, even worse than "Motel Hell". The acting is horrible, the dialogue is horrible, and the special effects are horrible (actually, the cheesiness of the special effects is the only good thing about this movie.) Do not rent this movie, do not watch it on PPV, wait for it to come on regular cable some late, late Saturday night when your having trouble sleeping. I guarantee you that this movie will knock you into that deep sleep that you will be wishing for while watching it. Oh yes, and please pray that there aren't sequels to this movie, cause if there is, you'll know that it's the end of the world.

Eh? A Stripper fighting robots, suuuuuuuuure...., 22 January 2000

A Stripper is cryogenically frozen in the year 2001 and unfrozen in the year 2525. Many things have changed, Robots have taken over the earth, forcing humans underground to fight for their freedom. I first thought this would be extremely lame, but I had to give it a chance. The special effects are really good, and the writing, surprisingly is good too. The show is only half an hour though. All in all, its an OK show, i give it a 5 out of 10..

If your watching this movie, it is probably because your being forced to., 19 January 2000

This was an utterly crappy movie. For what reason Amitabh Bachchan chose to star in this piece is beyond my thinking. The movie deals with the Indian/Pakistan situation. The reason this movie is crappy is because it is simply told from the Indian point of view. Plus, the basic plot is simply horrible. Twin brothers separated at birth, one grows up in Pakistan and one grows up in India. I simply cannot go on about this horrible movie, it is that bad.

Great movie, Amitabh's performance deserves awards., 19 January 2000

This has to be the best Amitabh Bachchan film since his comeback. Amitabh's acting is superb in this film. The songs are not that great with exception to one (Koray Koray Sapne). These are the kind of films Amitabh should be choosing, the kind where his characters grow. If you have a chance to watch this movie, do it, because it is a great movie, with great dialogue. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Nastik (1983)
Great movie for Amitabh fans., 19 January 2000

Great movie, great acting, great songs. Amitabh is amazing as usual in his role as Shankar. Amjad Khan gives a fantastic performance as well as the villain Tiger. Pran is also great in his role as Amitabh's friend and a father in pain. The storyline is that of revenge (in an indian movie, nooo!). Amitabh plays the "Nastik", a man who shuns his religion because his faith could not save a loved one. Hema Malini also stars as the heroine. I give this movie an 8 out of 10.