Vegita

They Don't Make 'em Much Better Than This!!!, 18 December 2002

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS...]

The Two Towers was a fantastic film! Darker than FOTR, TTT continues the story of the Fellowship. The gathering is now broken and Frodo and Sam are marching toward Mordor while Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli search for the captured Merry and Pippin.

The Two Towers really emphasizes the power of evil and the strength of friendship. Gimli, the dwarf, eases the audience with his hilarious misfortunes and dialogue. The audience is also introduced in-depth to the divided character of Gollum and his desperate desire for the ring.

The Two Towers transports the audience around Middle-Earth, and introduces us to new places like Rohan and Faragorn Forest. Although the movie isn't as mystical as FOTR, the awe at the power of Isengard comes through. The movie starts out a bit slow, but makes it all up in the end, with the great battle of Helm's Deep and the Final March of the Ents at Isengard.

Is the movie better than FOTR? It certainly isn't worse. TTT has more in the way of large-scale battles and military movement while the FOTR has a smaller, more person-to-person atmosphere. All in all, TTT is an excellent continuation of FOTR and I can't wait for Return of the King, next winter!!!

The Perfect Movie, 15 November 2002

Late in 2001, I was constantly hearing about something called "The Lord of the Rings". Almost everybody kept talking about how good it was and how they couldn't wait for the sequel.

I was completely baffled by what they were talking. I had to have been the only person who hadn't seen the movie in theaters. Finally, in mid-2002, after the DVD had come out, I rented the movie. I was thoroughly blown away by the story. I didn't think movies like these could be made! The massive amount of special effects coupled with the great scenery and fantastic plot, made this movie my top favorite. I too can't wait for the sequel coming out in a few weeks. The music, acting, character complexity all make LOTR the best fantasy movie I've ever seen. Good stuff!

Gilliam's a "friggin'" GENIUS!, 31 July 2002

My English teacher (teaching us media themes) assigned us a project to analyze directors. Since my partner and I didn't bother to sign up for a director, we were left with Terry Gilliam. THANK GOD this happened. It was my first introduction to a genius who I had never heard of before. I saw "Twelve Monkeys" and was thoroughly impressed, entertained, surprised that I had never heard of this masterpiece before. Bruce Willis' role was genius along with Brad Pitt. The beginning was the most shocking (SPOILERS AHEAD...) with Willis exploring abandoned Philadelphia. The music was phenomenal and the directing techniques were brilliant! Twelve Monkeys is a MUST-SEE movie.

"Shoot to Kill" Hits it's Mark!!, 28 July 2002

WARNING: MINOR PLOT SPOILERS!! I first heard about Shoot to Kill on a late night showing of a classic Sidney Poitier movie. I knew Poitier was an excellent actor and expected a fairly good movie. It exceeded my expectations with a great story, changing settings (urban to wilderness to urban), and very believable characters (i.e. Sidney's obsession, Steve's evil, Knox's mountaineer skills...). Shoot to Kill is definately a classic thriller worth seeing!

"Pedro" is Great!, 14 April 2002

"Pedro" is one of the best 'Telenovelas' ever made. It's full of very interesting characters, rich settings in Colombia, and a hilarious plot. Spoiler: In "Pedro", Pedro Coral is a guy persecuted in his small village for wooing all the young girls there...He flees his town for the capital, Colombia and stays at a friend's sister's house. There he falls in love with an executive woman and begins working as her choufer in order to know her better. The rest of "Pedro" revolves around this aspect as all the characters play interconnected roles in developing the plot. The show is in Spanish but it's hilariously funny with Pedro's constant lying and the dealings of the other characters.

Separate But Equal (1991) (TV)
Excellent but complex, 5 November 2000

Separate but Equal is a great movie depicting the tragedy of the time of racial segregation in schools and the steps which these men from the NAACP took to correct it. The movie has great acting and intense speech emotion but sinks into the wordiness and vocabulary which lawyers and judges use and leaves the audience scratching their heads or reading the dictionary. Nevertheless, the movie has great speeches and facts as well as events suitable in a history-documentary. Great movie to sit by and try to teach yourself to be a lawyer.

Retarted, 28 August 1999

This movie stinks! Disney has a reputation of slacking off on the sequels to their movies and this is no exception! It seems as though the animators tried to use computer graphics to try to please audiences but what they did was screw up the film.

Oddly Watchable, 28 August 1999

The show Johnny Bravo went through some internal problems with their cast but finally began to make new episodes which despite what might have been, still aren't very well done. Still, the show is strangely watchable and I find myself in front of a T.V., watching it.

Tarzan (1999)
Calm Down, 28 August 1999

Okay, this movie is really a good one, if not the best one created by Disney but I don't see why people have to lose sleep over how incredible and realistic the movie is. Personally, I don't think the movie is that good, but seeing the other Disney movies I have to say that this is one of the best. However, I sure don't intend to lose sleep over a movie.

Pocahontas (1995)
The Music Keeps it Alive, 28 August 1999

Pocahontas itself would have been a complete and total flop if it hadn't been for the music. The music truly kept me interested even though the plot, art, and effects really screwed it up! My favorite is the "Gold" song even though I like the "Savages" song as well.