Empire-7

Give it a break!, 17 May 2001

Reading some of these comments, it occurred to me no one seems to know how to have fun anymore. This movie is not meant to be a great movie. I don't think any of the actors had intention of trying for an oscar. It's simply a fun movie. The action sequences are pretty cool and the one liners are hysterical. Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee are a great action pair. The chemistry between them is amazing. If you just want to watch a movie that's going to make you laugh, and get some good action with it, I highly recommend Showdown.

A coconut for your thoughts?, 31 January 2001

This movie is definitely one of the funniest movies of all time. I'd say funniest, but The Meaning of Life gets that honor. Anyway the first time I saw this movie I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I had always watched the TV show, was excited to see it. I was not disappointed. The Python boys were at their best in this film. The jokes are rattled off one by one and they get funnier as they go. As for the ending, anyone who ever really liked python and appreciated their humor could not have asked for a better finish. It completely represents everything python is!

A Movie well done!, 20 July 2000

While I was flipping through the channels one day I happened upon Ed and His Dead Mother. Seeing as how it had Steve Buscemi in it I had to watch it. THANK GOD! This movie is great! Ned Beatty is absolutely hysterical in it. The way he delivers some of his one liners, is enough to make you laugh till you cry. I had the pleasure of watching this movie with absolutely no expectations, and I'm glad. If you just want to sit down and watch a really funny, and definitely original movie, I highly recommend this one!

Laugh out loud funny!, 19 May 2000

When a movie has this much hype, I'm usually disappointed. Galaxy Quest on the other hand was a great as everyone said it would be. It's been a long time since a movie made me laugh this hard. Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver were both very good, but the funniest roles went to Allen Rickman, Sam Rockwell,and Daryl Mitchell. The three of them had me in tears! For those of you who watched Star Trek, then Rockwell's Crewman #6 will keep you laughing! Daryl Mitchell is hysterical as the pilot and Alan Rickman's alien character is too funny for words. This movie is definitely a must see!

Tombstone (1993)
Fantastic!, 2 May 2000

This movie was fantastic! A lot of people have been saying the authenticity is lacking, blah blah blah. Personally I just thought it was a good movie. Val Kilmer in my opinion is the best Doc Holliday out there.(Make up did a great job at making him look sick as well!) And yes even Kurt Russel did a very good job as Wyatt Earp, much better than Kevin Costner could pull off. I'm sure the fight at the O.K Corral and the love story were probably a little off, but personally I wasn't looking for a documentary. This was just a good old fashion shoot em up movie!

Lighten Up!, 16 February 2000

Most of the complaints I have hear about Lake Placid, were that it wasn't scary. Well it wasn't really supposed to be. It does however have great comedy! David Kelley's writing is superb! Just listen to the Banter between the sheriff and scientist! This movie was great. Betty White's character had to be the best thing I have seen all year. I mean hearing a Golden Girl swear like that was definitely funny. I saw this movie opening night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Granted it's not scary, and it isn't political and it doesn't have some deep hidden meaning. It's just a movie that's there to entertain you for an hour and a half and that's exactly what it does.

Finally!No Pin-ups!, 16 February 2000

Finally a show not revolving around pin-ups!! This show is hysterical!!! Ever since the Wonder Years left television, I've been waiting for a show that could be it's equal, and Freaks and Geeks is it. I've been out of High school for a while now, but this show brings it all back. And the best part is this has kids that actually look like high school/junior high students. If I had kids that looked like the cast from Popular, school would have been wonderful! This show deserves to be seen by more people. Truly the best show of the season!

Bug Buster (1998)
So stupid it's funny!, 26 January 2000

I don't think this film was meant to be an actual horror movie, I think it was just meant to be a silly b movie. I can honestly say this movie was so stupid it made me laugh. Having people like Randy Quaid and George Takei just made it that much funnier. If you go into this movie thinking your going to see something of art, well it's your own fault your disappointed. However if you want to sit down and watch something stupid and farce like, where you might even laugh a couple of times, this is your movie.

A true gem!, 27 December 1999

I am not a big Disney fan, especially with the last few movies it has given us. So needless to say I was not expecting much when I sat down to see A Bug's Life. Boy was I surprised! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at an animated movie! The voice talents in the movie were amazing, Dennis Leary was great as Francis the ladybug, and the character of Heimlich the caterpillar, was hysterical! This movie truly is a movie for all ages. The animation is amazing and the story is creative. And you don't have to be 5 to enjoy the jokes. Definitely one of Disney's finest!

Hysterical!, 21 September 1999

Definately one of the funniest cartoons I've ever seen. It's original and the stories will definately make you laugh. It's a shame it's on Nickelodeon though,it's more oriented for adults. It should definately be on a channel where we could see it more.