Blonde L

The perfect combination of action and horror...., 5 November 1999

For those thinking horror movies are focusing too much on poltergeists, men with hockey masks and aliens from outer space this one might be a surprise. Nothing that happens in this film strikes against reality as everything that happens to Steve, Larry and Rip also may happen to anyone in their situation. To make it short: The perfect combination of action and horror.... Me personally is a fan of the pace and moods of The Zero Boys as it captures your attention almost immediately. The actors (without being Jack Nicholsons)do their parts very good and especially I like Jared Moses as the loudmouthed Rip. The movie is not in any way overdimensionalized as very simple means are used to picture the story and enhance the feeling of something evil in the air. I use to enjoy the work of Nico Mastorakis...and this is no exception.

Aliens (1986)
It can and WILL scare you...unlike the revealing "Resurrection.", 26 June 1999

Not many sequels actually beat the original, but this one, in the trusty hands of James Cameron scores BIG. It simply has it all, good performance by the cast, stunning effects and a story that beats it all. I would also like to add how much I appreciate the "sparseness" of it. Unlike the disappointing "Resurrection", this one is not littered with unnecessary efx and close shots of Xenomorphs. It can and WILL scare you...unlike the revealing "Resurrection."