Ronniek19

Movie was a blast to watch, but make sure you in the right mood, 16 March 2001

How can anyone say this movie wasn't fun to watch?

I know, people who were waiting in line to see some serious tearjerker but it was sold out and picked up tickets to see Charlies Angels instead, thats who. People, you have to be in the mood to watch this movie. Don't be expecting a complicated plot and character development when they blantantly advertise nonstop action and sex appeal!! Some of the reviewers here totally missed the point of the movie. Fun. This movie was not meant to be a mindbender like The Usual Suspects or a masterpiece like Shawshank Redemption. The purpose of the movie was to titillate the viewer, albeit the men more than the women.

I rated this movie an 8. The movie advertised fun and excelled at it. Just sit back with a ice cold drink and popcorn and enjoy this one.

Antitrust (2001)
Worst computer movie of them all., 16 March 2001

And I've seen just about every single computer movie out there.

I normally don't mind little plot holes as long as it makes some modicum of sense. But huge gaping holes in this movie made it hard to watch.

For example... ---------SPOILERS AHEAD---------

A security guard who is so hell bent on protecting the company that he just suddenly sides with the good guys at the end.

Gary Winston (Tim Robbins) would have people killed to save his company but when the $#!+ hit the fan, he just stood there to be arrested.

---------END SPOILERS--------

I loved Sneakers, The Net and Hackers because even if there are plot holes in those movies, it was at least entertaining.

I love how people talk about the reality of computer movies when they don't work in the computer industry. I do. It's duller than watching paint dry. If they showed the real day to day events of a computer programmer, not even the nerdiest geek would pay to see it. So its ok for Hollywood to spice it up a litle.

Overall I rate this movie a 6 because it had some suspenseful parts but the script was definitely borrowed from The Firm.

Hannibal (2001)
Good film for a group to see... but disappoints fans of the original two., 9 February 2001

Hannibal in no way compares to the first two movies, Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs, which blow this movie away.

There are some great scenes in this movie like the dinner with Clarice and the pigs scene, but this is not enough to carry the movie. The plot and characters are one dimensional and predictable, and the movie as a whole rates only a bit higher than normal slasher movies.

I'm sorry to say this since I love Gladiator, but Ridley Scott sold out when he dumbed this movie down for mass consumption.

Save your 8 dollars and rent Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs.

Hannibal (2001)

Save your 8 dollars and rent Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs.

First one was way, way better. A rehash of old John Woo films., 24 May 2000

I'm a huge fan of both Mission Impossible and John Woo flicks but skip this movie!

If you've seen every John Woo flick that he's ever directed, then skip this movie entirely. There's nothing new to be seen here.

Granted, the car chase scene and the motorcycle scene were top notch. The rest of the movie was painful to sit through as it is horribly cliche ridden fill with bad one-liners, and the plot twists were easier to predict than the conclusion of the movie.

Most of the supporting actors are wasted as Ving Rhames doesn't get enough screen time and Anthony Hopkins is stiff and totally ineffective in his role.

I had more fun spotting the Woo trademarks in the film, (i.e. the use of doves, mirrors, and his slow motion bullet ballets)

If you want to see a hardcore action flick, I recommend Woo's classics like "The Killer" and "Hard Boiled", both movies are infinitely better than this watered down version of a typical Hollywood action movie.

Definitely not the same Calista Flockhart, 15 June 1999

If all you've seen of Calista is from Ally McBeal or her mainstream movies, you definitely haven't experienced her range of acting ability. Calista is excellent as the drug-starved, quirky prostitute (Jane). It was almost shocking to see Calista spew profanity throughout the entire film. A movie which ran for 92 minutes seems like it lasted 3 hours. All in all, a very depressing movie but I recommend it to all Calista fans who want to see the other side of her.

An excellent action movie, 7 May 1999

Jean Reno was perfectly cast as Leon, the quiet loner hitman. Natalie Portman did a superb job in her debut as Mathilda, a 12 year old who wants to avenge the death of her brother. Watching the relationship develop between Leon and Mathilda was much more interesting than the action sequences. Definitely a movie that can be watched over and over again!