VCRanger

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

What a waste of film!, 15 July 1999

Was this movie supposed to be scary? Or was it supposed to be funny yet thoughtprovoking? It think it was supposed to be a piece of CRAP, which in that case it succeeded greatly. This was a waste of my 2 hours I'll never be able to get back, so I would suggest others to do someting with their time that watch this film. The thing that brings this film down is it's lack of imagination and originality. Williams is absolutely horrible and a "Spooky" mortician (how original) who is the storyteller to three young gangbangers, who are stereotypical as hell, who are looking for their "s**t" (drugs). The ONLY story worth anything was the story of a hardcore gangbanger who is set to undergo a strange rehabiliation process, but it isn't what it seems. The rest can be thrown in the trash. A rating of 3 out of 10 was given.

Masterpiece!, 8 July 1999

This movie is really one of the best movie made in the 1990's. Despite its violent and foul-mouthed scenes,this movie would be incomplete without those. Truly amazing acting and and an excellent plot make this a very high> octane movie. BUT, be forewarned that this movie is definitely NOT for impressionable young people and the weak of heart. A rating of 10 out of 10 was given.

Rob Roy (1995)
A masterful epic of a movie!, 1 July 1999

Easliy one of the best period movies ever made, let alone of the 90's. It did not receive much attention due to the timely release of another great period piece, Braveheart,. I perfer this much better because it has a little less blood and gore, and tells a much better love story between the two lead roles. Perfect in all aspects of the movie and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous, the end sword fight is one of the best ever. It just so happens that Mr. Neeson was also in a saber duel of a different kind in Star Wars: TPM. A rating of 10 out of 10 was given.

True Lies (1994)
OUTSTANDING!!!!!, 30 June 1999

This is a near perfect movie due in large part to a screeplay that is totally original. There are a few continuity errors, but they hardly detract from the movie. Excellent performances by all actors involved and they are involved equally into the story. This movie has one of THE best action sequences in movie history involving US harriers, the Florida Keys highway and a last second save that is truly breathtaking and original. A rating of 9 out of 10 was given.

PCU (1994)
Not very well known, but a good movie., 30 June 1999

Jeremy Piven is an extremely charismatic actor and if it wasn't for him, this movie would be a bomb. However, since he is in it it is an entertaining movie with some flaws. It has been labeled as a rip-off of Animal House, but I don't see it that way. PCU pokes fun at all the different minority groups and cause movement who have been opressed the most by the bad, bad white man. A rating of 8 out of 10 was given.

Entertaining movie!, 27 June 1999

Tango & Cash is a good action movie with entertaining performances by Stallone and Russell (finally together in an action flick). Stallone gives his usual performance but Russell has fun with his role and steals the show. Hatcher provieds the eye-candy and Palance shows as a so-so meanie. The dialogue between Stallone and Russell is the best part of the movie, with the excellent prison break coming in a close second. A rating of 8 out of 10 was given.

A new masterpiece!!!, 24 June 1999

This movie, based on a short stoy by Stehpen King, is easily one on the best movies made in the modern era of Hollywood. It incorporates a touching story of friends and hope, top-notch acting, excellent directing and most important; a screenplay worthy of high marks. With beautiful photography and a story that is best described as "uplifting". this is one of my favorite movies EVER. The best line in the movie goes "it all comes down to one thing; get busy living or get busy dyin'". A rating of 10 out of 10 was given.

Everyone's a tough guy!, 24 June 1999

Easily the second best of Segal's films, right behind Under Siege. Very entertaining if only on an escapism level with the stunts and choreography excellent as usual in his films. The only thing that left me scratching my head is: Do all guys from Brooklyn think they're really tough and do they all sound so ignorant with that accent? I hope not for their sake. A raitng of 8 out of 10 was given.

Billy Jack (1971)
This is a strange movie!, 19 June 1999

Billy Jack is at times a martial arts, vigilante film. Other times, it is a political propaganda, left wing recruitment film. Other times, it is a free form acting film. So in a word, it's uneven. I think the film would have been much better if it stuck to one aspect and did the best it could. There are some very, very good acting here and some bad acting. So, a rating of 5 out of 10 was given.

Phantasm (1979)
What's so great about this?, 18 June 1999

Phantasm is a weak excuse for a horror film. Bad acting, choppy editing, a not so scary meanie and low-grade F/X make this movie a tooth-grinding experience. I just could not wait for the movie to finish. I have not seen the sequels, so I am interested in seeing if they are of higher grade that this piece of manure. Too bad the lead girl (or was that a boy) did not end up on the other side of that weird sphere. A rating of 4 out of 10 was given.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]