Page 1 of 55:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

As Jay Sherman would say, "It stinks.", 9 January 2004

I once described the series Dexter's Laboratory as "A cartoon for all ages". When it comes to the first two seasons and Ego Trip, I stand by that. But ever since Dexter's Laboratory returned for a third season a while back, I found that I couldn't bear to watch it anymore. Every possible thing went wrong. The new season "boasted" terrible animation, awful writing and Christine Cavanaugh was replaced by Candi Milo (who I think gives a terrible voice for Dexter). Worst of all, Genndy Tartakovsky was not as involved as he used to be and it showed.

So when I heard Genndy was going to be involved with this short, I had high hopes. The verdict? Not really all that good. I didn't care for the animation, nor for the performances from Candi Milo and Allison Moore (Christine Cavanaugh and Kathryn Cressida were better). I do consider this better than much (if not all) of the recent episodes, but it's no where near the quality of the first two seasons or Ego Trip, so I guess that's faint praise at best.

Bottom line: Thumbs down.

"Clerks" (2000)
An excellent show cut way too short!, 30 December 2003

I greatly enjoyed this entertaining and criminally short lived animated series. Sure it was different from the 1994 movie (which was very good), but I still like it. A definite plus was having Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith reprising their roles. I also particularly liked the animation. And I can't believe ABC just canceled it after two episodes. What were they thinking? Good thing Comedy Central has aired the series from time to time, otherwise I would've missed out on it and not bothered thinking about getting the DVD. I found every episode hilarious, but the last one was my absolute favorite. Had ABC not been so foolish I think this series would still be in production today.

The Flying Car (2002) (TV)
I could watch this all day., 22 December 2002

A six minute short film about two guys stuck in a traffic jam and talking about a flying car sounds dull, doesn't it? Of course, it's not. Why, you ask? Because this short is brought to us by Kevin Smith and brings back Dante and Randal from Clerks!!!

I found out about this short recently (well yesterday) and downloaded it Not the fastest download mind you, but well worth it! The writing and actors' chemistry is absolutely perfect. It all equals into a laugh out loud funny short.

'The Flying Car' is a definite must see!

Sonic & Knuckles (1994) (VG)
A truly awesome game., 15 August 2002

The fourth Sonic game is a big improvement over the last one in my opinion. This time around, you play as either Sonic or Knuckles (hence the title). The game offers good graphics, new levels and new bad guys, which is always nice. But, the most impressive thing about this game by far is that you can hook it up to Sonic 3. When you do that, you get to play as Knuckles throughout that whole game and find some interesting surprises. This is truly an excellent game. Thumbs up!

Zaat (1971)
"Oh, blood waters huh? Guess Dr. Z had a little kidney problem.", 14 August 2002

You can tell this is going to be a bad movie just by the stupid and pointless opening narration. But trust me, it gets worse. The 'plot' centers around an evil scientist who turns himself into some kind of fish monster to "take over the universe." If you think that's laughable, you should see the monster costume. Anyway, the monster goes around killing people for apparently no real reason and it's up to four brain dead characters played by incredibly bad actors to stop him.

That's about the size of it. So as you can guess, it's up to the MST3K gang to give a bad movie the treatment it deserves. And Mike, Servo and Crow certainly do that. I almost busted a gut from laughing so hard at their most excellent riffing and hilarious host segments. Thank goodness for the protection of MST3K.

The Force IS Back!, 12 August 2002

I've been waiting impatiently for three years for Episode II and the wait was most definitely worth it. Episode II blows away all previous Star Wars movies, with the exception of the original. Actually, the film recaptures much of the spirit and magic of the original.

The story is excellent and pure science fiction. It effectively mixes action, adventure, mystery and even love. Now I'm hardly a fan of love stories, but I thought Episode II pulled off the love scenes very well. But, of course, the best parts of any Star Wars movie are the fight scenes. The massive battle with the clone army was fantastic and the fight scene with Count Dooku was excellent, making use of the fantastic special effects.

The acting was, of course, great. Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman deliver excellent performances once again. Hayden was actually pretty good as Anakin Skywalker, despite what some say. The other actors were also very good.

The only bad thing about this movie was the subtitle, 'Attack of the Clones'. Otherwise, thumbs up! After seeing Episode II, I can't wait for Episode III.

9/11 (2002) (TV)
The day that changed America., 3 April 2002

What began as a documentary about a rookie fire fighter in New York City, became something vastly different on the morning of September 11th. Thousands would die in New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania in the worst terrorist attack ever. As the entire world watched news coverage of the attacks, heroic members of the FDNY and NYPD went into the World Trade Center to save lives. No one has ever seen what happened inside the towers (now known as Ground Zero)... until now.

Like the rest of my fellow Americans, my patriotism grew considerably following 9/11. I sat down and watched this two hour documentary, never looking away from the television. What I saw was saddening and tragic, but also encouraging. To see such bravery in the face of evil leaves an impression. CBS, which aired this documentary, handled it with the upmost taste. Footage that would surely offend people was not shown. However, strong language from the fire fighters remains. I think it was wise to leave the language unedited. It adds to the power of the event.

Americans everywhere should see this excellent piece of work. As should anyone whose memory on 9/11 begins to slip. May we all never forget. Thumbs up for this documentary and God Bless America!

F-Zero X (1998) (VG)
One of the best games ever on the N64!, 20 February 2002

F-Zero X is an update of the classic F-Zero game for the Super Nintendo system. Four characters are back from the original and are now joined by 26 new drivers. In addition, old tracks get major updates and there are new tracks altogether. Be sure to check out the new features. The graphics are, of course, very good and far surpass the original. The game is a challenge, but that makes it all the more fun. F-Zero X is a must for video game fans.

"And the legend continues to be not heard about by anyone.", 18 February 2002

This movie sucked. The incredibly thin story has a professor and three students looking for Big foot or something. The acting is terrible and the writing is awful. It's just one lousy scene to the next. A boring and incredibly stupid movie certainly deserves the worst treatment possible. Enter: Mystery Science Theater 3000. Mike, Servo and Crow do amazing work here, actually making the movie watchable. So if you're in need for a good laugh, check out the MST version of this terrible movie.

Farscape Undressed (2001) (TV)
Great primer to a great series!, 15 February 2002

Hands down, Farscape is one of the best series on television. It's fitting that they also have a great primer to entertain old fans and bring in new viewers. Not coincidentally, this primer aired an hour before the third season premiere. Hosted by Ben Browder and Claudia Black, the primer features amazing clips from the first two seasons and explanations on the main characters. There is also a very awesome several minute recap of the last four episodes of season two. This primer has humor, charm and appeal. All an all, it was very excellent to watch.

Page 1 of 55:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]