Rose-35

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Good Film, 15 August 2003

I was flipping through the channels one day, and found this film on TV. I was surprised at how good it actually was. Fred Astaire and Helen Hayes were great. He could still act (Too bad he couldn't dance). I believe it accurately shows what happens when people get older. Also it shows the effect it has on the family around them. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Hilarious, 30 December 2001

This is one of the funniest films ever made. Sure, it's stupid, and it could never really happen, but it is hilarious. The 3 main actors are great, esp. Terry Kiser (Bernie). The boat scene is the best. Anyone with a sense of humor will love this movie.

Wonderful film!, 29 October 2000

What a great film for Henry Fonda to end on. This is one of the sweetest films I've ever seen. Fonda and Hepburn's performances as Norman and Ethel were flawless. Their oscars were well deserved. A film anyone would enjoy. I give it a 9/10.

Guinevere (1999)
Good film, 29 October 2000

I was going into this film expecting not to like it. The only reason I watched it was because I'm a big fan of Sarah Polley. I wouldn't say it's the best film and wouldn't make my top ten, but it was enjoyable. Polley seems to be doing a lot of "dark" films lately. I think she wants to get away from her "Road to Avonlea" image. Anyway, I think this is one of her better films, esp. when compared to The Life Before This and The Sweet Hereafter. I give it a 7/10.

Great film!, 29 October 2000

I wasn't sure what to expect of this film but afterwards I was glad I had watched it. Great performances, esp. from Meatloaf and Lucas Black. He's going to be a star when he's older! When I saw that Antonio Banderas had directed it, I thought "Oh, here's another one of those films where the actor/director has to put his wife in the leading role.. blah blah blah" but it was a really good film. Overall, I give it a 8/10.

Better than "The Outlaw Years", 23 October 2000

I thought it was a great show and was sorry to see it end. It was much better than the later "Outlaw Years" episodes. "The Outlaw Years" were good but I don't think they had the heart that "The Series" did. They were just more enjoyable and was very well acted. Watch both and see what you think, and although many will disagree with me, I think that "The Series" surpassed "The Outlaw Years" by a long shot.

Very Funny!, 17 October 2000

I wasn't sure if I'd like this film or not. I really wasn't going to give it a chance but came across it one day and was pleasantly surprised! I thought it was very funny and Jeff Bridges was just great as Dude! That's all you heard throughout the film, it was so funny! If you feel like having a good laugh, than this film is for you!

Great version of 'Silas Marner', 17 October 2000

This has to be one of the sweetest movies ever made. I thought Steve Martin was great in this. He's a good comedian but he proves he can handle drama very well. I think it was very well made and bring tears to my eyes every time I watch it. It's a great modern version of the classic 'Silas Marner' by George Eliot (whom by the way was a woman!). Overall, I give it an 8/10.

Enjoyable, 16 October 2000

I've been a big fan of Lucy Maud Montgomery's work since I first saw the 1985 version of "Anne of Green Gables" and "Road to Avonlea". After viewing the 1934 version, I thought it was enjoyable but I think the '85 version was better. Probably just because I'm used to all the characters/actors from the recent one but the '34 version was a good adaptation. I thought Anne Shirley did a good job in the role and I also like the actress who played Marilla. Overall, I'd give this film a 6/10.

Christopher Columbus!, 16 October 2000

What a great film! This has to be the best version of Little Women. I loved the scenes with Jo and Laurie. They were so much fun! Katharine was wonderful in this, as was Joan Bennett and Jean Parker. I did like the 1994 version, but in my opinion this one will never be surpassed. I give it 10/10!

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]