Axiom-2

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

The Others (2001)
Check Out "The Other" Classics!, 12 August 2001

Before I saw this movie today,I read the reviews & they were very positive & given high ratings,so I decided to see it. I was very disappointed in it. I was expecting alot more & kept waiting for something good & scary to happen for the first while.I found alot of it to be confusing. For example: What's the deal with the husband showing up from nowhere in the fog,and what was the purpose of him in the plot? Am I missing something? Also, how come "Ann" was the only one to see the intruders? I left the theater trying to figure it all out. On the other hand alot of it was copied from other movies & predictable. I did not feel scared during this film overall. It had only a few creepy moments worth mentioning. One of them can be seen on the 30 second tv spot.(Ann as the old woman with the white vail) The other is the photo album that Grace(Kidman) finds. That was creepy!

Everyone seems to be comparing this film to "The Sixth Sense" I liked that better than this but,I was disappointed in it as well. If you want to see a true classic ghost story then rent or buy the DVD of "The Changeling"(1980) starring: George C. Scott. That blows this movie away! Lots of scares & a much better story. Also "Dark Places"(1973) starring: Joan Collins & Christopher Lee, is another well done scary ghost story with plenty of twists & suspense. There was also an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" they did about "Ghosts" & one of the segments was about the "Queen Mary" being haunted. That scared me more than this movie! It was very well done & gave you chills up your spine & left you with a really creepy feeling.And I didn't have to pay $9:50 to see it! I wouldn't say "The Others" stunk, but I wouldn't say it was great & worth seeing either. I give it a 4/10.

Satch Rules!, 6 August 2001

I bought the Laser Disc of this concert a few years back because it had one of my favorite guitar players in the world on it, "Joe-Satriani". Joe is an unbelieveable player & a true gentleman. He is in a class of his own. Seeing him play live is a spectacle to behold. Pure Awesome Power! SatchRules! Steve Vai & Eric Johnson are great players as well,but Joe has the big edge in my books. I wish there had have been more songs on the disc but what was on it still makes up for an enjoyable concert of some of the best guitar players in the world today. For all you "Satch" fans, check out his upcoming DVD release of "Joe Satriani-Live In San Francisco" coming out on Aug 21st 2001....It's going to be nuts!

Prom Night (1980)
Comedy Horror!, 22 April 2000

This movie has some so-so scary parts, but mainly really funny one's.One of them is when the killer is phone his next victim.Look carefully at the yearbook he is ripping the picture's from.You have to use your step button on your DVD remote to see the face behind the one he is tearing out.It's hilarious!! Another funny part is the police officer that is assigned to the case.He is sitting at his desk thinking about how to get the killer.His line:"I've gotta get that B*****d before he Butchers someone else" is priceless.

I also can't picture Leslie Nielsen being in a movie like this.He will always be Frank Drebin from the Naked Gun films.I still like this film regardless of the low budget quality about it.I always remember driving by the old school house shown at the beginning of it. The movie was shot around Markham & Toronto.There was one seen shot down at the Scarborough Bluffs.The old schoolhouse used to be a girls reformatory at one time,it was demolished shortly after this film was made.All in all this film is good for some laughs & suspense.

The Best Remake Ever!, 22 April 2000

I never got to see this unforgettable picture when it was released back in September/92. I've owned the Laser Disc of it for over three years,but never got around to watching it until last summer(99). One of my fellow co-workers told me that it was his favorite films of all time,so I invited him over to watch it with me. I can't believe that this much time has gone by without me ever watching it. This movie is amazing! I just finished ordering the soundtrack for it from Amazon.($13.99) They wanted $36.99 for it here in Canada! This is another one of those film's where the music adds so much more impact to it. I sometimes will put on the part near the end when they are running up the side of the mountain.That scene along with the music leading up to the final cliffside battle with actor Wes Studi is one of the best climatic scene's ever filmed! There are no words to describe the power of that part.Wes Studi was excellent in his part as Magua. I now have the DVD of it, but was a little disappointed that there were no extras with it. Not even the stinkin trailer! But the movie itself & the sound & picture quality far out weight that minor error. I hope director Michael Mann will release a collector's edition of it someday.This movie is worth that much... Thank-You Chris,for telling me to watch this classic!

The Queen of the 1980's!, 14 April 2000

I was glad to see this concert come out on DVD. It was shot in New Haven,Conn at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. It is 60 mins of Pat & company at their best. The picture looks great & Rhino Home Video also added a 5.1 track as well. Pat was 30 when this was shot & she looks great. She was the female queen of the 80's what "Shania Twain" is to the 90's. Her music brings back alot of teenage memories for myself. She is a rock legend & her music will always stand the test of time..All the best Pat & Neil...

Shania: Live (1998) (V)
Canada's Bestselling Female!, 14 April 2000

This is another fine DVD release. "Shania Twain" is the best selling female artist of all time, & this concert proves it. It is from her "Come On Over" World Tour & the sound & picture are excellent. I hope that they release all of her music video's on DVD soon...Her husband Robert John "Mutt" Lange of Def Leppard fame,has really sent her music career over the top. Look forward to their next release.

Beavers (1988)
Forgotten Masterpiece!, 3 April 2000

"Beavers" was just released on DVD last week,so I decided to buy it. What a beautiful film. It was amazing to say the least. Director Stephen Low has done it again with another top notch outing. This film is just as good as his later effort of "SuperSpeedway" The thing that I can't get over about this film,is that it is nearly 12yrs old. I don't ever remember seeing any ads for it back then. This is a must have DVD for thos who enjoy this kind of quality entertainment. The sound is amazing in 5.1 & there is a "Making Of" Documentary. I hope "Stephen Low" & team keep making these highly enjoyable films.

Like Father,Like Son, 9 January 2000

I just finished watching "The David Cassidy Story". Andrew Kavovit gave an outstanding performance as Cassidy.At times I thought it was really him. He had him down to a T. The movie itself was good. It's a shame what happened to him after his Partridge Family stint. When you see what fame can do to a person, it makes you be thankful that being a nobody(like myself) can have it's advantages. I was a "Partridge Family" fan years ago & still listen to there music to this day on CD. I also have two David Cassidy solo CD's. If you read this David, I commend you on a very fine life story of yourself. Sorry about your Dad. Your appearance at the end with Andrew was a nice added touch to this well done story..... Was a little disappointed that "Reuben Kincaid" was not mentioned in it.

Twisted Old Fruit!!!, 5 October 1999

"Spinal Tap" is a comedy classic. There are so many funny

parts in it. Some of the best one's are when there manager

is trying to get the band into there hotel rooms & there

is a problem at the front desk,"Twisted Old Fruit" then

the part where Nigel is having a difficult time in trying

to make a sandwich. Then the part when "Harry Shearer"

gets stuck in that Pod on stage & he's in there for the

whole song only to finally be released from it at the end

of the song. The pose that he strikes after it is hilarious!!! Like most of the the comments said, this movie is that

much better on DVD. You get a ton of extra stuff. It's

well worth the money...I don't like alot of language in

movie's but I found myself laughing at the way they said

certain words in this. The british accents made the difference. I am very surprised that a sequel never came out after all

this time....I don't think it would have topped this one.

These "Bums" Were Gone In 90 Days!, 29 September 1999

This lousy show of the late 70s was off the air in 90 days! If I was the producer of ABC,I would have axed it the same night it started! It was about 5 young "beach bums" who lived on a houseboat. It was a pretty lame plot to begin with & this cast of nobodies ended up going nowhere in there acting careers.These "BUMS" are a forgotten memory!!!!! This is one show that "Aaron Spelling" would love to forget about...

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]