Scurfield

Novocaine (2001)
Not a Comedy, 28 May 2002

Do not rent Novocaine if you are hoping to enjoy a typical Steve Martin comedy. This film is NOT a comedy. It is an average to good, lightweight Crime Thriller. If you expect anything more from this movie you will be disappointed.

Sappy and Predictable, 7 January 2001

A big city family that runs into financial difficulties relocates to a small American town to start over. After arriving in the new town the father discovers that he does not have the job he was promised and the wife takes a low paying job despite her husband's objection. The teenage children initially have trouble finding new friends and adjusting to the slow paced life of country living. The antagonist is the extremely unfriendly neighbor from across the street who, for no apparent reason, is openly hostile towards the newcomers. This slow moving film preaches that strong family and religious values will help a family overcome difficulties and prevail over hardship. This is a sappy and predictable film with average acting and no redeeming qualities. Don't waste your time.

A watchable movie., 29 June 2000

This 3-D horror film, from Earl Owensby Studios, pits the local sheriff (played by Earl Owensby) against a pack of specially bred man-killing Rottweilers.

The U.S. Military has developed a new experimental weapon; Rottweilers who have been specially bred and trained to replace soldiers in gorilla warfare situations. Unfortunately for the residents of Lake Lure (America's Mountain Playground) the dogs have escaped and are killing anyone they come across.

Although dead bodies are turning up left and right Sheriff Hank Willis inexplicably decides not to warn the community, but instead puts together a posse to hunt down the dogs. The dogs are quite easy to kill, as their heads explode whenever they are shot, but finding the dogs before the dogs find their next victim is no easy task. Eventually the truth of the bloody-deaths reveals itself to the population, but common sense in this small resort town is in short supply. Soon only the sheriff is left alive to protect his town and family from the savage killers. Complicating matters further is the presence of Adam Fletcher, the scientist responsible for the creation of the military super-dogs. Fletcher wants to protect his experimental canine subjects, and is willing to fight Willis to save his dogs.

Rottweiler: Dogs of Hell is not the worst film of its kind (Skeeter immediately comes to mind). It is a watchable movie, but I would recommend it to only the most serious of Rottweiler lovers. I rate it a 5 out of 10.

Boring, 2 September 1999

The on-screen relationship between Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman had little chemistry, and Cruise's portrayal of the handsome, but morally deprived, Dr. Bill Harford builds limited sympathy. Other than for the naked beauty of Nicole Kidman, I can find no reason to recommend this slow moving film to anyone.

A solid 1950's style WW2 movie., 26 January 1999

I watched this movie because I was interested in seeing the story of Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier in U.S. history. The fact that this movie is based on Audie Murphy's autobiography, and that he stars as himself in the film, added to my interest. I didn't have high pre-expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised while watching this enjoyable film. To Hell and Back is a solid 1950's style WW2 movie, which focuses on the camaraderie of the foot soldier. It is neither pro nor anti-war, as it has a high body, but shows little of the bloodshed or true horror of war.

My children have never grown tired of this movie., 18 January 1999

This is a great family movie! My children, aged 4-8, love it and it has become one of my all time favorite live action family films. I have enjoyed watching it many times and it is a welcomed addition to our family video library. The drums beats never fail to get me in the mood for George.

The plot has more holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde's death car., 11 January 1999

Based on the high IMDB user rating, I rented The Usual Suspects and looked forward to enjoying an intelligent and entertaining movie. Unfortunately I found the film to be grossly over-rated. I attribute the failings of this movie equally to both the director and writer. The direction was slow and even confusing at times. The dialogue was solid, but the story was completely unbelievable and, upon reflection, the plot has more holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde's death car. No blame to the excellent cast of actors, but next time I plan to watch such a highly IMDB rated film, I'll try to keep my expectations grounded.

The mother of all ski movies!, 4 December 1998

Carving the White is packed full of serious skiers and serious action. It's an experience you'll thrill to time and time again! Watch for the incredible scenery and snow at Banff's Sunshine Village in the Canadian Rockies.

Shot on location at Sunshine Village, Banff, Alberta, Canada, 23 November 1998

The story of a former ski-ier who must learn to live again after losing his arm and leg in the war. Shot on location in the spectaular scenery of Sunshine Village at Banff, Alberta, Canada.