ant bee

Policeman Gail, 10 October 2002

I watch this movie every time I can find it on any of the movie channels. I think one of the funniest moments in this film is Policeman Gail's little diddy he sings as he is walking up to the door of the house of his "main squeeze". I don't believe anyone has ever expressed self confidence in a more twisted way.

how pathetic can a story get?, 7 April 2002

3 hours of a pitiful robot looking for a "mommy" who dumped him in the woods. Steven Spielberg has lost his mind. Good thing we had a free coupon when we rented this movie....I sure wouldn't pay to see it and I won't ever watch it again. It was nothing but special effects and the only character in the whole movie worth rooting for was the robot teddy bear.

I can't believe anybody would allow their emotions to be manipulated by this clap trap.

What a Waste!!!, 4 December 1999

I was bored beyond belief watching this movie, but kept watching until the end because I kept hoping one of the "fine" actors in this piece of trash might actually raise the level of this thing. Needless to say, nobody did. If you have 2 hours to kill and have already sorted all your socks, then watch this piece of junk.

Eye of God (1997)
simple life is not so simple, 16 May 1999

I grew up in a small town in Oklahoma, I understood completely the feeling of the place, the time, the people. So many people think that life is simple in a small town, but it is not...all the dark secrets are there, all the illness that everyone attributes to living in large cities is also there.

I couldn't take my eyes off the screen while I was watching this movie. Sometimes a film does come along that is everything a film is supposed to be.

If you haven't yet seen this film, please make an effort to watch it, it will be well worth your time.

Eden (1996)
a film about the birth of courage, 9 May 1999

I watched this film this morning. What I saw was a woman finding the courage to live after the stoic "stay tough" attitude of her husband had pushed her so deep into herself she couldn't fight any more.

The husband's lack of understanding was so real to me, I too am married to someone physically disabled and it has been a struggle for me to get past that sometimes.

I wish there were more films about this subject, I don't feel quite so confused now...and I maybe I have a little bit more understanding of how he may feel sometimes. To me, that's what a movie like this is supposed to do, give us insight into our own emotions and enhance our understanding a little.

A classic sci-fi flick, 1 March 1999

I couldn't help comparing this movie to the recent "comet killer" movies and found them lacking compared to "When Worlds Collide". Yes, the f/x were not anywhere near the level of the recent movies, but for 1951 they were pretty spectacular. The acting though, was far superior and did portray the fear, the desperation and the impending doom. I watched this movie when I was a child and remember having nightmares for weeks afterwards about the end of the world. There is nothing quite as satisfying as a classic sci-fi movie to pass an afternoon.

useless human being made into a "cause", 15 February 1999

Ruth is the most unlikable, selfish human being I have seen portrayed in a movie in a long time. There wasn't one redeeming feature about her and yet she was the only one I was even close to rooting for in this depressing movie.

The only character that had a clue about what she really was about was the Viet Nam vet Harlan. The tag line to me was when he told her that they both knew exactly how long the $15,000.00 dollars would last in her hands, about 3 days.

Everybody in this movie was unlovable, unyielding and closed minded.

Old favorite, 1 January 1999

I first saw this movie when I was about 10-11. I cried my eyes out....doesn't effect me the same way now, but I truly admire Patty McCormick's acting ability. A true classic and now-a-days the premise of the story is maybe truer than the writer ever would have guessed

a chiller of a film right up until the end, 31 December 1998

I became mesmerized watching this film. A very chilling story, a very strange plot, but the ending was pretty predictable. The ending was very weak for such a powerful subject.

Karen Black gave a powerful performance as the mother and the girl was wonderful. But...something was lacking in the ending.

So much warmth, 20 December 1998

I finally sat down and watched this movie completely this morning and was completely astounded by the greatness of it.

I knew it was a good movie, but it was one of those movies I always thought was too good to be true, too sweet, too goody-goody.

Boy, was I wrong. It was a little bit of history, it was every family rolled into one movie.

I could identify with almost every scene in the movie and not because of the era but because of the feelings it provoked. There was so much warmth, so much hope and yet it wasn't the "perfect" family, it was just people living life on life's terms.

I'm so glad I finally took the time to watch "I Remember Mama"