Banky-4

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Pretty Good, 7 January 2002

Let's face it, there is a certain formula for psychological thrillers like this. Hero stalking around the house trying to evade the villan? Check. Villan obviously menacing to the hero, but nice to everyone else? Check Final showdown at the house? Check.

Does this make the formula any less tasty? No. There are certain things fans of the genre expect, and when it's delivered as well as it was in "The Glass House", we're happy. Not profound, spectacular, oscar-worthy, just decent entertainment.

Clue (1985)
"Husbands should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposible.", 5 November 2001

I love this movie, with the wit, one-liners, and great talent. A great performance by the entire cast, but especially Tim Curry, who puts plenty of energy into his performance, and it's my second favorite of his, behind the obvious choice of Dr. Frank N. Furter, from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Surprisingly funny., 10 October 2001

Nothing too profound, but still really funny, and a definate change of pace from usual teen flick.

Heck, any movie that opens with a dance number to Captain & Tenille deserves at least a bit of credit!

I want Berke's parents! An parent that doesn't get mad when you are arrested in a sex club raid or when your friends throw a party at your house is okay by me!!!

They just tried too hard..., 16 March 2001

I really wanted to like Me, Myself and Irene but it just seemed too forced.

I will admit that there are a few laugh out loud moments, but they are few and far between. This is definately a low point in the career of the Farelly brothers, whose 'Dumb & Dumber' and 'Mary' were a couple of the most consistently funny comedies I've seen in years. I hope for thier next flick they decide to rely less on the toilet humor, and try and try to bring it a little bit closer to the humor of 'Mary'. I'm all for controversial humor, but when it's more gross than funny, forget it.

Pretty Good, 10 March 2001

A really rather decent film. Good clean fun, with good acting and good performances.

The story is about a junior high kid who finds out he's a descendent from a clan of leprechauns, and when he loses the clans lucky coin, he starts to turn into one!

A fun movie and really rather well done.

Pretty Lame..., 26 January 2001

The near-classic first film is really a great comedy, whereas, this one recycles some of the jokes, and doesn't do nearly as well. There was a magic about the first film where everything just worked, whereas this time around, nothing worked and for the most part was rather unfunny. Watch the first ten-twenty minutes for the return of Ty Webb, and then go about your business...

Brilliant and Engrossing, 6 January 2001

Probably one of the better examples of fantasy work, especially for television. A very deep, and well acted series, never really gets old. I really wish they'd release the series on tape and/or DVD so that I could buy it. Really well done.

Utterly Terrifying, 15 September 2000

I think Shallow Grave, like A Simple Plan, worked so well because the characters were treated as real people. I know there have been a lot of reviews of how people said the characters were completely nasty, and maybe they were, especially to the people they were interviewing for the Fourth Flatmate. (Although it did give us some really great quotes, such as: "When was the last time someone said these exact words to you:'You are the sunshine of my life'?" and "When you wake up in the morning, how do you decide exactly what shade of black to wear?" My Point is that these characters seem a bit more three dimensional to me than three completely nice people would.

Once they find the money, things begin to spin out of control, and the flatmates begin to become more and more paranoid, leading to a memorable, and proably questionable ending.

P.S: If you don't quite get the ending, e-mail me, and I'll explain it to you.

Scream 3 (2000)
A Good Final Chapter, 12 July 2000

Scream 3 provides a nice closing chapter to the series and manages to work pretty well in the process.

A Lot of what worked in Scream 3 can be attributed mainly to Parker Posey, who breathed an amazing amount of energy and freshness into what may have turned out to be another slaughterfest!

Overall a well done ending chapter.

Very well done., 22 June 2000

I must say, even though this is not one of Steven Spielberg's more popular movies, it should be. This is a film that doesn't depend on action or mayhem but instead on the main characters, mainly Goldie Hawn and William Atherton, who all turn in good and convincing performances. Definately one of Speilberg's better movies!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]